Dye Kit Selection

Suggestion: When dye kits are awarded by a Birthday Gift it would be great to disable or identify kits that have already been completed for an account. This would prevent a duplicate selection that cannot even be sold since the dyes are account bound. It's also not something the player can check in-game since opened dyes aren't grouped by specific kit source in the Hero menu. The only other research option would be on a wiki page if that exists, but it would be better to have an in-game solution. Given the annual nature of the Birthday Gifts, it's frustrating to have wasted the opportunity for a new dye.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The wiki Dye Kit pages, and Birthday Dyes consumables have a widget that shows which dyes are already unlocked for your account, as well as current Trading Post values.

Also cant you preview the dye kits prior to selecting one? I remember that being a thing on my last bday i opened.

Yes for 7th(Victorious) but not 5th, 4th, 3rd

Don't know about 6th since the chat code for that is disabled.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The wiki Dye Kit pages, and Birthday Dyes consumables have a widget that shows which dyes are already unlocked for your account, as well as current Trading Post values.

Also cant you preview the dye kits prior to selecting one? I remember that being a thing on my last bday i opened.

Don't know about 6th since the chat code for that is disabled.I just checked in game, it's only the 7th that has a preview. Updating the others to have one, too, would be a great qol.

For now I just use the wiki widget mentioned above, it works well for me.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

Don't know about 6th since the chat code for that is disabled.I just checked in game, it's only the 7th that has a preview. Updating the others to have one, too, would be a great qol.

For now I just use the wiki widget mentioned above, it works well for me.

Wiki is probably more convenient regardless since you can check all kits at once. Assuming you aren't one of the first to open the kit since the wiki probably didn't get updated yet in that case.

The wiki pages on the dye kits are very well presented. But I have found it easiest to keep a Word document I can open when a character gets a birthday dye kit. It helps that I have most every dye so my list of not-yet-owned is small enough to read very quickly. When I unlock a dye, I remove it from Word. When I have all the dyes in a kit, I remove that kit. Thus my current list looks like this (edited down for space since this is an example, so it's not every dye I'm missing):

MISSING DYES FROM KITS

Celebratory Pack (3rd Birthday) Metallurgic, TaimiJubilant Pack (4th Birthday) TaimiExuberant Pack (5th Birthday) Vibrant, Solar and LunarTriumphant Pack (6th Birthday) Jormag, Elonian Landscape, Elonian Beasts, AwakenedVictorious Pack (7th Birthday) Mordremoth, Kralkatorrik, Sacred

Metallurgic – Fling

Taimi – Electro Peach

Vibrant – Aqua Satin (very flat/matte)

Solar and Lunar – Rose Gold (dirty pink peach)

NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT ON TP

Charr – Searing (orange/yellow gradient), Legionnaire (slightly pink red), Tribune (dull grey pink), Warband (basic orange with some darker texture), Godless (steely grey), Gladium (silvery grey)

Norn – Alemoot, Havroun, Legend, Hunt, Exodus, Spirits

(Looks like I'm super close to 4th birthday gifts not giving me new dyes. Oh, well) :)

The wiki has (as others have said) an app that looks them up for you. But, you need an API key to use it. You get those through instructions on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:API_key. Once you've entered your key one time, you're set for life. (Although, you do have to click an apply button every time you reload one of those pages.) But, the same key works for all the dye kit pages.

This is a true lifesaver.

@"zorro tehl.6243" said:Suggestion: When dye kits are awarded by a Birthday Gift it would be great to disable or identify kits that have already been completed for an account. This would prevent a duplicate selection that cannot even be sold since the dyes are account bound. It's also not something the player can check in-game since opened dyes aren't grouped by specific kit source in the Hero menu. The only other research option would be on a wiki page if that exists, but it would be better to have an in-game solution. Given the annual nature of the Birthday Gifts, it's frustrating to have wasted the opportunity for a new dye.

I feel exactly the same. My main account has 20+ characters. I am sure there are still locked dyes in my birthday presenst, but i manage always to pick a wrong dyepack (all dyes unlocked). A simple checkbox to toggle between "all dyepacks"/"dyepacks with locked dyes only" would be great.

Same thing for the "recipe sheets". The ones for armor usually 18 recipes, but finding a locked one can be a pain if you have (almost) all those recipes unlocked.

• 5 months later...