Razor Naga Chroma Mouse Turn Sensitivity

I purchased a Razor Naga Chroma and am having a hard time with the mouse turn being too sensitive for me.

I have adjusted the mouse DPI using Razor's software and am comfortable with the speed the mouse cursor moves in game (9000 DPI... says the razor software).I turned the camera rotation speed as far down as possible in the Guild Wars menu.

When I hold right click and attempt to mouse turn or pan the camera, it whips around very quickly, as if the DPI is 13000 or so. It's causing a bit of nausea.

Has anyone had this issue and can recommend a solution? Any help with this matter is appreciated.

According to Synapse I'm around 1800 DPI and my Rotation Speed in GW2 menu is around 1/3 of bar. I've never had motion sickness though, so it could be a sensitivity camera shake or many of the other under options under camera all of which I have disabled. Also under graphics there is a motion blur this is suggested to be turned down or all the way for motion sickness. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

@ionix.9054 said:9000 DPI... says the razor software

Though that's an old post, I would like point out: that is way too high. Anything above 1500 is, usually.

In addition, I would like to point out that the mouse pad is also playing a big role in mouse precision and movement. Not every type of mouse pad works with every mouse (soft or hard pad, optical mouse or laser mouse).

Side note: Razer is a bad brand. It used to produce good mice, but now they are cheap plastic crap, plus Razer Synapse 3 is a terrible software (too intrusive on the system, you have to be online to use all features, a 100% clean removal is tricky or even impossible in some cases). I've switched to SteelSeries not too long ago for all those reasons and have never looked back.

@"Xrrann.3750" said:I have issues with the mouse changing speeds in the middle of matches. Slows or speeds up. [...] Any ideas?

Have you turned off "Enhance pointer precision" in Windows' mouse property settings? What brand and software are you using?

Lots of myths going on in here. FPS games do not need high DPI, and any pro player will probably be UNDER 800DPI and quite a few around 400DPI. DPI etc are marketing terms just like "laser" mice.

I will quote myself from another post like this one from a few weeks ago:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:I will let you in on a special gaming secret....High DPI doesn't do anything for you. It took off because it became a marketing term, I mean it's a mouse...How do you market it over some other mouse? Also optical mice were still new at the time and ball mice were still the most used mouse. Then laser mice came out, and those have to be even better because LASEEEERRRRSSS!!! Which doesn't matter, because laser mice are actually optical mice, but rather than using an IR LED, they use a laser, the optical sensor that is used is often the same. What changes is that lasers tend to be more sensitive to surface type, and often do much better on hard surface mouse pads and worse on soft (cloth) or textured pads. So the choice of mouse surface can have a bigger impact on feel and performance than IR LED vs Laser ever will.

Matter of fact, most pro FPS gamers actually run very low DPI or sense, often under 800 DPI, which really throws out the other reason people think they need high DPI, which is accuracy. However even high DPI mice, such as those claiming not 800 DPI, but 8,000+ DPI often don't have a CMOS that have pixels that small, rather it's often from subdividing the pixels, which can actually cause issues in performance, but "marketing". Think cameras, big time cell phone cameras, where it's common to have 40+ MP cameras.....That still can't compete with a Google Pixels 12MP camera. Don't buy into marketing, adjust your DPI or sense to get the feel you are looking for, you are making yourself suffer for no reason.

TLDR; Lower your DPI.

@Dawdler.8521 said:When using my Deathadder I found a solution to this long ago - never install Razer software. Havent had it installed once through like 4 different models of Deathadder over the last... 7 years or something I dont even know anymore.

As I mentioned before, the solution is to not buy Razer mice. ;)

Not using the mouse's software is a bad idea IMO, because you can't configure the buttons properly then nor use any extra features like macros, X/Y configuration, deceleration or whatever else the specific brand has to offer. I would advise against it.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

TLDR; Lower your DPI.

:+1: