some achievements are impossible now

just the map vabbi that is dead, and serpents ire takes longer then the forged meta.so people, meta-trains, just take the easy ones and leave asapand can't blame it, if you are farming, you want your gold/hour as high as possible so you do what is profitwise, time efficient.

not sure how anet sees map population, but staying in a map for a handful of minutes doesn't seem like a good indicator

same with wvw, players just logging in to do the 2 dailies are not active combatants of a server, so how links and re-links are calculated seems also falls and wrong to me. not even to begin with population count (our server is like 24/7 "full")but what is my opinion worth

Are you on an NA or EU server?

If you're on EU then you just missed a semi-organised Serpent's Ire run at 8:30 GMT yesterday, but I'm sure we could do another one. It's not impossible to do, but it's also one of those events that takes some planning to complete.

Here's what worked yesterday:

• Check the Wiki to see when Serpent's Ire is going to start and make sure you're online at the right time.
    • it helped a lot that it was right in the middle of prime time, days when daily achievements send people to Vabbi also help.
  • Arrive in time for Forged with Fire, to get into a busy map and see how many people are around.
  • As soon as FwF ends announce in map chat that you're going to do Serpent's Ire and ask if anyone wants to join.
  • Advertise in LFG to attract people not currently on the map.
  • Ask your guild/s if they'll join, and encourage other people to do the same.
  • Keep the group advertised in LFG throughout, and make a start on the event as soon as it begins, even if you don't have many people yet. We started with about 10, which was enough for the first part, and by the time we were on to the second phase we had about 30.

It helps to have someone who knows the event to lead it. They don't need a commander tag, and for the first phase where you're killing veteran branded to lure out the zealots it can actually be better not to have a tag, so people are more likely to spread out instead of following the commander. But someone who can give instructions and prompt players on where to go, when to use CC skills etc. is useful.

They tuned that down already but yeah it's difficult but not impossible. Sure if you are a solo guildless player just hoping to see it in lfg and don't find out the guilds that run it once in a while or just throw a lfg up right when it starts you will never get it done. PoF metas have never been close to as rewarding of a players time as HoT so those get skipped and need a more organized approach. At some point we managed to get the achieves and you will too.

I've been in Vabbi pretty regularly recently getting Funerary Incense from the hearts everyday and in the past 2 weeks I've completed it twice and It didn't feel organized. But having someone explain to the map what needs to be done and who to kill first seems to help it be successful. It absolutely baffles me how people don't understand what CC actually is.

I am not sure about others but ever since the lag issue on EU on anything PoF and Lws4 maps I am avoiding those places as much as I can. When they fixed the lag and its actually playable again then I will return to these maps and I would now and then tag onto a meta or something (and maybe continue the Requiem armor questline that I am stuck on forever at the annoying time rift tree with them iboga's). But I agree on the... achievements kinda become obnoxious after 2 weeks of a map being out. Wish I didn't have to rush achievemenent but there is no other way... Its either rush like everyone else or never do them because maps get empty and people aren't really interested to do something even when you are in a guild.