Ok, apparently I MUST do WvW for my Legendary.

Lawtider.9024

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

Been playing this game for 2 weeks now, and imagine my surprise when I learned the requirements to infuse a ring when all I enjoy is pvp.

And why would you want to infuse a ring if you only play PvP? Infused rings don't have higher stats, they don't even have visual effects, they're only useful for fract, so for a PvPer they're totally useless.

Can you not jam a third WVW infusion in them? If so that's not what I would call useless... again I am fairly new

It’s useless for sPvP. It doesn’t effect ANY of the sPvP stats. Those are run only by amulets, sigils and runes.

It’s Not useless for the other aspects of the game. That was essentially why the poster you quoted asked it that way.

Right, sPvP. Sorry I mainly play WVW, I am not with the gw language yet. I had the account made forever ago just never got caught in it, with the recent talk of stream release I had came to give it a good try. Is there another way to unlock the third slot for rings outside of PVE?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

What Server are you on?

@Riktar.6813 said:

Been playing this game for 2 weeks now, and imagine my surprise when I learned the requirements to infuse a ring when all I enjoy is pvp.

And why would you want to infuse a ring if you only play PvP? Infused rings don't have higher stats, they don't even have visual effects, they're only useful for fract, so for a PvPer they're totally useless.

Can you not jam a third WVW infusion in them? If so that's not what I would call useless... again I am fairly new

It’s useless for sPvP. It doesn’t effect ANY of the sPvP stats. Those are run only by amulets, sigils and runes.

It’s Not useless for the other aspects of the game. That was essentially why the poster you quoted asked it that way.

Right, sPvP. Sorry I mainly play WVW, I am not with the gw language yet.

Got it. WvW it is very useful in.

@Raizel.1839 said:

WvW=/=PvP

I understand in the gw2 they are not one in the same. That said, it seems to get benefits in WVW you must PVE, that was my original point.

@Riktar.6813 said:

WvW=/=PvP

I understand in the gw2 they are not one in the same. That said, it seems to get benefits in WVW you must PVE, that was my original point.

Yep, sadly there aren't any other option for you to get the infused versions aside from PvE, however you are perfectly fine even without those extra infusions, because the gain they provide is minimal.

@Riktar.6813 said:

@"DoggySpew.4529" said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

Is there another way to unlock the third slot for rings outside of PVE?

I do not believe so. I think to ‘attune’ a ring that is also ‘infused’ gives it the third slot for infusions.

And I believe that the only way to get that is via Fractals. As some of the materials needed For this are account bound.

Here is the wiki link for ‘Attuned‘ rings. It has a link for how to ‘infuse’ them as well, but it sounds like that part is covered for you.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attuned_equipment

if each day do few easiest wvw dayli, and get pots the wvw track progress it is fast. Aslo no participation not dissapear if be out of wvw.So if not look on wvw track and wait, but come do fast few dayli - progress is fine.If plan make lege - make rule include one or two dailes from wvw each day. It is very very help.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potion_of_WvW_Rewards80 potions - one gift.So in chill fast dayli mode per 12-40 days you get FREE gift of battle.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Samug.6512 said:Hurrdurr. Well I never enjoyed doing map completion and it's necessary too, and takes way more effort than capping a camp once every 10 minutes.

exactly. Us poor WVWers are forced to do map completion to get our legendaries and that takes waaaaay longer than what OP is forced to do.

To speak nothing of the HoT/PoF legendaries... those are a chore. Anet wants you to play their whole game to earn your shiny stick, the wvw portion is probably the easiest.

~ Kovu

Assuming you do, for something, consider that whatever server you're on and whatever time zone you play in, there might be a friendly guild you could join that would help facilitate what you need to get through this terrible task. IF you were on FA or a linked server, I could give you a few friendlies to try.

Good luck.

sorry but stop crying about that... tis is still NOTHING compared to what main Wvw players gotta do for our legendaries... after 3 years, i am still not past precusor dawn3 beginning of that one, because this pve jumping puzzle stuff absolutely gets me seasick. and our problem wouldn't be solveable by making materials sell-able via the trading post :P

i have like 50+ gifts of battle i don't need, several ascended boxes i cannot use yet (bc no stat changing inscriptions) etc

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:sorry but stop crying about that... tis is still NOTHING compared to what main Wvw players gotta do for our legendaries... after 3 years, i am still not past precusor dawn3 beginning of that one, because this pve jumping puzzle stuff absolutely gets me seasick. and our problem wouldn't be solveable by making materials sell-able via the trading post :P

Yeah, thats a lot of JPs for Dawn. But as I see, most of them are GW2 vanilla content. So they sometimes appear in the dailies. I‘m not sure about the Southsun JP.So, if you‘re still on to it, see if some of them are on dailies. Visit their location on prime time and you will often find a mesmer to port you to JPs end. And if you‘re nice, spend him some silver or gold. :)

about the infusion thingy... yeah i think u don't need the pve infusions. getting the +9 sounds minmaxing on the one hand, but the Wvw ones have all special effects and are greatly cheaper. i don't own any over +5 infusion anyways, so upgrading them would cost crazy amounts of time.

i literally exclusively log in to play Wvw, cannot motivate myself usually to PvE. i have not even done the Icethingy Episode before this one that released on 17.11. thaha. but well, we got another lockdown here in austria anyways, therefore might do it now at some point.

i'm aware that the JP often have players that help jumping invalids like me to make that, this still requires camping there for some time till u get lucky to really find one. had my rev parked for over a week in the hidden garden JP lol.

realistically, it's easier to just buy any of the legendary swords for the 2k-3k gold. i can make that by just selling mats like coins, clovers... if our server wouldn't been ruined by the emigrations and unlinking (2 times this years...) it'd be really chill to farm reward tracks for rare mats that other ppl apparently need. the stuff us Wvw player gets drowned in is either not rare or not sellable.

If I could I would give you my gifts of battle and the badges, one has so many :/

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

It's only 5-8 hours of your life, you'll make it, I believe in you.

This is such a typical pvp'er response and not at all helpful. Like the OP, I too, have issues with being forced to "play" a part of the game, that I personally don't agree with. I need the Gift of Battle to craft my PvE weapon. In order to get that I am FORCED to WvW. This has taken me a week, NOT 5-8hrs! I play daily. Every map I go to, no matter what time of day/night, is either dead or has no commander or general structure. Roaming and capping camps are all fine and dandy to say, but getting PK'd by a large group is just no fun. Why does it take 20 people to kill 1?

Can we have WvW-only ways to get legendaries then, too?You know, without grinding materials, which is a PvE content.And without Gift of Exploration, which is PvE content.And without buying 100 Runestones, which only are available in Frostgorge Sound, a PvE map.And without doing the PvE collections or PvP masteries to forge precursors.

Surely, even you WvW-haters will realize how little WvW you have to do in comparison to the PvE that WvW-players need to do for a legendary.Also, you can limit your WvW time to the PvE dailies inside WvW and eventually get your Gifts of battle. There is no requirement to fight other players.

Or, if you hate WvW too much to even do that, simply don't get the legendary. Noone forces you to get one.