Can you rename warrior to bard?

felix.2386

@"felix.2386" said:any new player looking for a class similar to bard? play warrior, the support bard of guild wars 2Do you ready for this? 7 year ago it was meta heal for dungeons.

raid, it's banner buffernow if this banner buffer do less dps than "depend from squad" - banner buffer get insta kick. Aslo soma part mechanic put on warrior. To hot for "banner buffer" now.

pvp, it's shout healeron pvp any class can take any role

wvw it's supporton wvw any class can take any role

This isn't anything new, back in the early days of GW2 Warrior was the only class with both a permanent source of Regeneration and on-demand allied heals, by taking Banner of Tactics (which had skills back then, including an AoE heal), and Shouts.This made Warrior healing extremely powerful in an era where the game didn't have true healers, and they were the meta class to bring for a healer.

No other class could come to the fight with a full heal kit, even Guardians lacked most of the heals they have now.

Just the banner regeneration alone was OP on the old damage levels, 400+ HPs/sec was considered rediculously high. It was possible to facetank most encounters on just that alone, except maybe Lupi which needed actual footwork.

Warrior is now weaker at healing than they would've been in the current game without the nerfs.

@Astralporing.1957 said:If your idea of a bard is someone shouting loudly while waving a banner around, i definitely don't want to hear you singing.

Yeah but... every table top and computer game that has bards... basically does a version of that...

Just like they all have an obsession with giving navy seals (rangers) bows and bears...

And seem to want to give monks kung-fu powers. I wonder how many Dominican monks have fought Jet Li... O.o At least Guild Wars 1 got this one right (and having lived in Asia - I can tell you a Buddhist monk is a lot more like the Dominican guy than he or she is like Jet Li... so... yeah... score 2 for ArenaNet again).

Don't blame the player because game devs got their concept-wires crossed, thanks to table-top game authors having no clue and none of these folks doing basic research...

Just once I'd like to see a game with a 'Bard' NPC in some cool trailer, everyone gets all hyped up... and the guy who shows up in the new content... is a William Shakespeare knockoff voiced by Patrick Steward. ;)

• and his buddy is a fantasy version of Rambo, who doesn't even know which end of the bow points away from himself because he just uses daggers, mutters about the war, and hides in swamps, and their other buddy is a religious guy who hangs out in the library and teaches kids history - that they refer to as the local monk.

It'd blow gamers minds...

@Kichwas.7152 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:If your idea of a bard is someone shouting loudly while waving a banner around, i definitely don't want to hear you singing.

Yeah but... every table top and computer game that has bards... basically does a version of that...

Just like they all have an obsession with giving navy seals (rangers) bows and bears...

And seem to want to give monks kung-fu powers. I wonder how many Dominican monks have fought Jet Li... O.o At least Guild Wars 1 got this one right (and having lived in Asia - I can tell you a Buddhist monk is a lot more like the Dominican guy than he or she is like Jet Li... so... yeah... score 2 for ArenaNet again).

Don't blame the player because game devs got their concept-wires crossed, thanks to table-top game authors having no clue and none of these folks doing basic research...

Just once I'd like to see a game with a 'Bard' NPC in some cool trailer, everyone gets all hyped up... and the guy who shows up in the new content... is a William Shakespeare knockoff voiced by Patrick Steward. ;)
  • and his buddy is a fantasy version of Rambo, who doesn't even know which end of the bow points away from himself because he just uses daggers, mutters about the war, and hides in swamps, and their other buddy is a religious guy who hangs out in the library and teaches kids history - that they refer to as the local monk.

There is no Buddhism, Dominicans, Asia, kung Fu, etc in GW.

There is at least one Jet Li though, halfway decent stealth thief in SPvP. A little on the predictable side though.

@Ashen.2907 said:

Yeah. though I would suggest looking at the inspirations of Cantha again.

But they did have monks - monks are a CORE part of Guild Wars. And when they did them - they did them right. They were religious figures - healers. NOT kung-fu experts that gamers for some weird reason have linked to 'monk'... Guild Wars 1 got this concept right where so many games get it so wrong because they copy-paste from table-top devs who had no clue of the world 10 miles from where they lived...

@Kichwas.7152 said:

Yeah. though I would suggest looking at the inspirations of Cantha again.

But they did have monks - monks are a CORE part of Guild Wars. And when they did them - they did them right. They were religious figures - healers. NOT kung-fu experts that gamers for some weird reason have linked to 'monk'... Guild Wars 1 got this concept right where so many games get it so wrong because they copy-paste from table-top devs who had no clue of the world 10 miles from where they lived...

It doesn't matter where the inspiration came from. What matters is that they did their own thing with it. Middle Earth was inspired by Northern Europe, but was not set in Europe and did its own things, many of which never occurred in Europe.

The GW1 monk was the only profession capable of Tai Chi, which may not be the most practical combat martial art, but it is a martial art.