Stat change on unique ascended.

Is that possible?

Like, I have Veilrender, but I could only choose 3, 3 stat combinations. I couldn't get something like 4 stat trailblazer on it, even though it already existed in the game at that point. Can I change the stat on it with the mystic forge recipe and the orichalcum imbued inscription like the rest or is this not possible?

Same question for spinal blades ascended and others.Doable or will it somehow mess them up? Because they initially didn't have all the stat combinations to choose from.

Veilrender only has 3 stats to chose from. Similar to all the other class specific weapons. I am unsure if you can Mystic Forge state change it, or if it behaves similar to Caladbolg in that it does not allow to be put in the MF.

If you are referring to the ascended back piece when asking about the Spinal Blades, that is a 100% no. Ascended stat change works ONLY for weapons and armor vie the MF. The only way to change stats on a back item is to infuse it, and that only works 1nce (and is rather pricey) or use a Blood Ruby BackPack .

All of this can be found in the wiki on this subject:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Veilrender only has 3 stats to chose from. Similar to all the other class specific weapons. I am unsure if you can Mystic Forge state change it, or if it behaves similar to Caladbolg in that it does not allow to be put in the MF.

If you are referring to the ascended back piece when asking about the Spinal Blades, that is a 100% no. Ascended stat change works ONLY for weapons and armor vie the MF. The only way to change stats on a back item is to infuse it, and that only works 1nce (and is rather pricey) or use a Blood Ruby BackPack .

All of this can be found in the wiki on this subject:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

See, that's why i asked on the forums as well. In game, people assured me i can change both.And the wiki is not helpful at all, doesn't explain anything really.Now i don't know what to think.

It's kind of umm, dumb not to be able to change stats...I know they're "only" ascended and not legendary and i'm not asking to change stats on the fly, but i should be able to craft me some inscriptions and change the stats on all of it (except trinkets, those drop like flies anywhere and are easy to obtain).

I spent the better part of the year crafting that spinal blade backpack, and at that time i was using a power build so i chose berserker stats on it.Now i'm condi build and i'm stuck with power with no way to change it to something else except infusing it?How does that make sense?Do i really need to craft another backpack just to pick different stats?And then another backpack if i want a third build?It's easy enough for trinkets but shouldn't the rest of the difficult to obtain stuff have the ability to change stats? Not for free mind you, but still..

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Veilrender only has 3 stats to chose from. Similar to all the other class specific weapons. I am unsure if you can Mystic Forge state change it, or if it behaves similar to Caladbolg in that it does not allow to be put in the MF.

All of this can be found in the wiki on this subject:

See, that's why i asked on the forums as well. In game, people assured me i can change both.And the wiki is not helpful at all, doesn't explain anything really.Now i don't know what to think.

It's kind of umm, dumb not to be able to change stats...I know they're "only" ascended and not legendary and i'm not asking to change stats on the fly, but i should be able to craft me some inscriptions and change the stats on all of it (except trinkets, those drop like flies anywhere and are easy to obtain).

I spent the better part of the year crafting that spinal blade backpack, and at that time i was using a power build so i chose berserker stats on it.Now i'm condi build and i'm stuck with power with no way to change it to something else except infusing it?How does that make sense?Do i really need to craft another backpack just to pick different stats?And then another backpack if i want a third build?It's easy enough for trinkets but shouldn't the rest of the difficult to obtain stuff have the ability to change stats? Not for free mind you, but still..

Just buy another backpack from any living world s3,4 or icebrood that got it at the merchant.

You might want to go back power someday and can have that in your second equipment slot on same character

@Linken.6345 said:

Just buy another backpack from any living world s3,4 or icebrood that got it at the merchant.

You might want to go back power someday and can have that in your second equipment slot on same character

Well, the problem with that is that they're not exactly cheap, and i'm mostly a WvW player lol.But i suppose i can look into it.

Where do you recommend the most, like, the easies way to obtain the backpack and trinkets?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

again, that is answered in the wiki:

1. Ascended weapons and armor

Ascended weapons and armor items can be exchanged for another of the same type with different stats by using an Exotic insignia (armor) or inscription (weapon) with the desired stats in one of the Mystic Forge recipes presented below.

further down:

1. trinkets and back item

Ascended trinkets and back items cannot have their stats changed, but certain stat-selectable items can be "reset" by infusing (or attuning) them, allowing their stats to be chosen again.

It then gives specifics on which back items and trinkets fall under which rule. Rings and back items can be infused, rings can be attuned. Once that is done though, the items can NOT be infuse or attuned again. Thus it's a 1 or 2 time thing. Accessories can not be changed at all.

That is with exception to the Blood and Mist items, which are mentioned even further down.

The wiki even mentions the Caladbolg and how that weapon behaves. The only thing which the wiki does not explicitly answer is if class ascended collection weapons can be placed in the MF. Which I would assume means they can, but am not sure. Everything else was answered in the wiki.

In case you decide to follow Linken's advice, again try using a google search to find the respective wikis. In this case:For trinkets: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinketFor back items: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_back_item

It now comes down to you figuring out which Season 3 or 4 material you can gather the easiest, or have the most stored of. It is also possible to exchange Ice Shards from the current Living World Saga 5 into Season 4 materials. Thing to note, there are no easy to get back items from Season 4, so your best bet is to acquire trinkets from season 4 maps and work on getting a back item from a Season 3 map. The "easiest" to get is likely the Back item from the winterberry forst if you have enough characters to run through.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Veilrender only has 3 stats to chose from. Similar to all the other class specific weapons. I am unsure if you can Mystic Forge state change it, or if it behaves similar to Caladbolg in that it does not allow to be put in the MF.

Ascended
    weapons and armor
    items can be exchanged for another of the same type with different stats by using an Exotic insignia (armor) or inscription (weapon) with the desired stats in one of the Mystic Forge recipes presented below.

further down:

Ascended
    trinkets and back items cannot have their stats changed
    , but certain stat-selectable items can be
    "reset" by infusing (or attuning) them
    , allowing their stats to be chosen again.

It then gives specifics on which back items and trinkets fall under which rule. Rings and back items can be infused, rings can be attuned. Once that is done though, the items can NOT be infuse or attuned again. Thus it's a 1 or 2 time thing. Accessories can not be changed at all.

That is with exception to the Blood and Mist items, which are mentioned even further down.

The wiki even mentions the Caladbolg and how that weapon behaves. The only thing which the wiki does not explicitly answer is if class ascended collection weapons can be placed in the MF. Which I would assume means they can, but am not sure. Everything else was answered in the wiki.

In case you decide to follow Linken's advice, again try using a google search to find the respective wikis. In this case:For trinkets:
For back items:

It now comes down to you figuring out which Season 3 or 4 material you can gather the easiest, or have the most stored of. It is also possible to exchange Ice Shards from the current Living World Saga 5 into Season 4 materials. Thing to note, there are no easy to get back items from Season 4, so your best bet is to acquire trinkets from season 4 maps and work on getting a back item from a Season 3 map. The "easiest" to get is likely the Back item from the winterberry forst if you have enough characters to run through.

Thank you! Must have missed that! :astonished:

And thanks for the links, i'll research what i can get and what's best.Maybe i'll go for the WvW backpack while i'm at it who knows.That one only requires time.

Personal recommendation:The winterberry forest is not daily capped, unlike all the other Season 3 and 4 materials. It is character capped and will yield around 42-45 winterberries per character per day (or around 1.2-1.5k unbound magic if consumed and the gathering gain). A run takes around 5 minutes, which if starting from scratch adds up to around 12-13 characters one has to rush through in 1 day for the back item (if we assume 0 Winterberries and Unbound Magic). I have done so myself, it is very taxing.

Just set a goal to work towards over a 2-3 day time period. If you can get someone to open a full home instance to gather on the next 1-2 days, even better.

Also thing to note, the Ice Shards from Bjora March can be used to acquire an amulet and accessory. Gathering all the daily chests, if you have Saga mastery rank for it, will yield around 350 Shards (so 1 item per day). Running the strike missions, even if only the easy 3, will increase the Ice Shard yield by another 150.

Overall it is very possible to gather a complete ascended trinket (and back item) set within a couple of days without taking more than maybe 20 minutes per day gathering.

Good Luck.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Personal recommendation:The winterberry forest is not daily capped, unlike all the other Season 3 and 4 materials. It is character capped and will yield around 42-45 winterberries per character per day (or around 1.2-1.5k unbound magic if consumed and the gathering gain). A run takes around 5 minutes, which if starting from scratch adds up to around 12-13 characters one has to rush through in 1 day for the back item (if we assume 0 Winterberries and Unbound Magic). I have done so myself, it is very taxing.

Just set a goal to work towards over a 2-3 day time period. If you can get someone to open a full home instance to gather on the next 1-2 days, even better.

Also thing to note, the Ice Shards from Bjora March can be used to acquire an amulet and accessory. Gathering all the daily chests, if you have Saga mastery rank for it, will yield around 350 Shards (so 1 item per day). Running the strike missions, even if only the easy 3, will increase the Ice Shard yield by another 150.

Overall it is very possible to gather a complete ascended trinket (and back item) set within a couple of days without taking more than maybe 20 minutes per day gathering.

Good Luck.

Well, i have 5 character, that seems extremely doable! That's season 2 right? I'd have to buy it, i don't have it, but i have the gems.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Personal recommendation:The winterberry forest is not daily capped, unlike all the other Season 3 and 4 materials. It is character capped and will yield around 42-45 winterberries per character per day (or around 1.2-1.5k unbound magic if consumed and the gathering gain). A run takes around 5 minutes, which if starting from scratch adds up to around 12-13 characters one has to rush through in 1 day for the back item (if we assume 0 Winterberries and Unbound Magic). I have done so myself, it is very taxing.

Good Luck.

Well, i have 5 character, that seems extremely doable! That's season 2 right? I'd have to buy it, i don't have it, but i have the gems.

Season 3 a crack in the ice.

@Linken.6345 said:

Good Luck.

Season 3 a crack in the ice.

Thanks! I'll check it out!

@JekthAvid.1408 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Is that possible?

My understanding was that you could stat change most unique ascended equipment, but it would lose it's skin (i.e. turn into one of the craftable skins)...I could be wrong cuz I've crafted most of my ascended gear, but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

Well the wiki clearly says no backpacks so...And about skins, it's easy to change them nowdays so even if you lose the skin, there's transmutation charges.In WvW they drop in almost every reward track.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that the specialization collection weapons can go through the mystic forge for stat change. I made the Soulbeast’s Fang of Mokele and Firebrand’s Expurgation into Berserker stats using the Mystic Forge.

It turns the weapon into the generic Crimson Antique skin though. If they want the old skins back (they can look pretty cool), they’ll need to spend a transmutation charge.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Veilrender only has 3 stats to chose from. Similar to all the other class specific weapons. I am unsure if you can Mystic Forge state change it, or if it behaves similar to Caladbolg in that it does not allow to be put in the MF.

Ascended
    weapons and armor
    items can be exchanged for another of the same type with different stats by using an Exotic insignia (armor) or inscription (weapon) with the desired stats in one of the Mystic Forge recipes presented below.

further down:

Ascended
    trinkets and back items cannot have their stats changed
    , but certain stat-selectable items can be
    "reset" by infusing (or attuning) them
    , allowing their stats to be chosen again.

In case you decide to follow Linken's advice, again try using a google search to find the respective wikis. In this case:For trinkets:
For back items: