Sunqua Peak!!!! ?????

Gaienne.6319

@Gaienne.6319 said:Who in the H? came up with that mess?????? I know I'm not a great player, but D, there was absolutely no reason to put in that much kitten and make it that hard. It's a fractal, not a raid...you need more than 5 players for that kind of commotion.

You definitely don't need more than 5 players for this. However, I would agree that the final boss is significantly more demanding than most other fractal bosses.

There are many T3 players who have difficulties beating the T1 version of this fractal.

It is disproportionally harder than any other fractal.Also, Arenanet has yet to fix the bugs which diminish the population on that fractal as well.

My best advice is to just skip it, when it's daily.

@Fueki.4753 said:There are many T3 players who have difficulties beating the T1 version of this fractal.

It is disproportionally harder than any other fractal.Also, Arenanet has yet to fix the bugs which diminish the population on that fractal as well.

There are also many T3 players that struggle with swamp wisps, understanding basic game mechanics or reading chat. Most T3 players dont know how the combat system works and a lot of them are running random trash builds.The fractal is a lot easier than SO or sirens reef and also a lot easier than casual content in other mmos. 99% of the problems would go away if people would just start to use decent pve builds instead of whatever they are using. I tried pugging it a couple of times after these comments and its laughable easy in t1-2. T3 adds only a little bit during water phase but damage is still extremely low. Sometimes i had 80%+ boss dps because for some reason nobody was attacking the boss.Of course you will fail in t3 if all dps players do 1-2k and the fight lasts for 10+ min. Maybe anet should just delete traits at this point so this complaints dont come up. Other mmos had to do it exactly because of this reason. You just cant balance for snowflake builds.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:There are many T3 players who have difficulties beating the T1 version of this fractal.

It
is
disproportionally harder than any other fractal.Also, Arenanet has yet to fix the bugs which diminish the population on that fractal as well.

There are also many T3 players that struggle with swamp wisps, understanding basic game mechanics or reading chat. Most T3 players dont know how the combat system works and a lot of them are running random trash builds.The fractal is a lot easier than SO or sirens reef and also a lot easier than casual content in other mmos. 99% of the problems would go away if people would just start to use decent pve builds instead of whatever they are using. I tried pugging it a couple of times after these comments and its laughable easy in t1-2. T3 adds only a little bit during water phase but damage is still extremely low. Sometimes i had 80%+ boss dps because for some reason nobody was attacking the boss.Of course you will fail in t3 if all dps players do 1-2k and the fight lasts for 10+ min. Maybe anet should just delete traits at this point so this complaints dont come up. Other mmos had to do it exactly because of this reason. You just cant balance for snowflake builds.

I had many groups that completed Siren's Reef or Twilight Oasis without many problems on T3,yet these very same groups failed and Sunqua Peak on T1.When a T1 fractal is harder than some of the harder T3 fractals, then that's a problem.And the boss bugging out regularly doesn't help the fractal either.

I had many groups that completed Siren's Reef or Twilight Oasis without many problems on T3,yet these very same groups failed and Sunqua Peak on T1.When a T1 fractal is harder than some of the harder T3 fractals, then that's a problem.And the boss bugging out regularly doesn't help the fractal either.

37 days later and its still not fixed. That's unfortunate. Also, locking the new abyssal fractal skins and the true story behind a CM (the only fractal to do that) is just as bad.

@Fueki.4753 said:

It
is
disproportionally harder than any other fractal.Also, Arenanet has yet to fix the bugs which diminish the population on that fractal as well.

I had many groups that completed Siren's Reef or Twilight Oasis without many problems on T3,yet these very same groups failed and Sunqua Peak on T1.

But how? What do they find difficult in t1?I did a couple of days ago and the mecas don't really do damages if failed. You have a lot more mecas to handle on Ark for example.

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:But how? What do they find difficult in t1?I did a couple of days ago and the mecas don't really do damages if failed. You have a lot more mecas to handle on Ark for example.Last time I did it, each of her spammable AoE did unreasonably high damage to my party members for the amount of AoE she is farting out.

Maybe they nerfed in since I last did it (due to boycotting it until the bugs are fixed, as well as general Fractal Burnout), but those winds in her first phase should not take half the HP of anyone in T1, if she can spam 30+ of them per minute.And people tend to get sucked into the water pillar during the last phase, which has a stupidly low chance to get out, if you end up inside.

The encounter has cheap written all over it.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:But how? What do they find difficult in t1?I did a couple of days ago and the mecas don't really do damages if failed. You have a lot more mecas to handle on Ark for example.Last time I did it, each of her spammable AoE did unreasonably high damage to my party members for the amount of AoE she is farting out.

Maybe they nerfed in since I last did it (due to boycotting it until the bugs are fixed, as well as general Fractal Burnout), but those winds in her first phase should not take half the HP of anyone in T1, if she can spam 30+ of them per minute.And people tend to get sucked into the water pillar during the last phase, which has a stupidly low chance to get out, if you end up inside.

Yea you know what you can do side step the winds and walk backwards to not get sucked into water it such a hard concept to grasp mate.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yea you know what you can do side step the winds and walk backwards to not get sucked into water it such a hard concept to grasp mate.

And then you have broken hitboxes in the winds that make them twice as wide as their visuals are.Let's see you side step a broken hitbox you can't see, especially if there are so many of them at once.

And for many people, the water sucking starts too early.They happily wail away in melee and almost instantly are trapped.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yea you know there are noobs in T1 who have a hard time with positioning and dodging aoes? The amount of aoes in Sunqua is so high, that many players get overwhelmed and stop dodging even the most obvious fields. With just 1 healer you can carry most groups through T3 and even T4 if the instabilities aren't too bad. Doesn't matter if it's Swamp, Underwater or Arkk. You can even outheal the pirate ghosts. You can't outheal Sunqua T1.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

Yea you know there are noobs in T1 who have a hard time with positioning and dodging aoes? The amount of aoes in Sunqua is so high, that many players get overwhelmed and stop dodging even the most obvious fields. With just 1 healer you can carry most groups through T3 and even T4 if the instabilities aren't too bad. Doesn't matter if it's Swamp, Underwater or Arkk. You can even outheal the pirate ghosts. You can't outheal Sunqua T1.

Yes and there is big aoes you can walk out of 95% of the time.Learn the patterns.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes and there is big aoes you can walk out of 95% of the time.Learn the patterns.

I have learned the patterns and I have no problems staying alive in Sunqua. That is until the mechanics start that can't be soloed easily because I'm the last person standing with my glass cannon ele. The jumping part and the water beams are really difficult to complete when the rest of the group is dead.

In other fractals I would just switch to my healer gear and make everyone stay alive, whether they want to or not. Sunqua doesn't give me this option even in T1.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

I have learned the patterns and I have no problems staying alive in Sunqua. That is until the mechanics start that can't be soloed easily because I'm the last person standing with my glass cannon ele. The jumping part and the water beams are really difficult to complete when the rest of the group is dead.

In other fractals I would just switch to my healer gear and make everyone stay alive, whether they want to or not. Sunqua doesn't give me this option even in T1.

You can dodge the jump part big aoe if you do it at the right time to get more time to do the jumping spots.Are we talking the water in the middle part?

Just stay at edge out of the lines on floor and you can tank t1 dark beams in water attunment as ele.

It's definitely the hardest to carry, as there are plenty of times when people have to split up and take a lot of damage if they don't know what they're supposed to do.

The solution is for people to learn how to play instead of tuning anything down tho, as I'm quite sure one person being able to carry a whole crew through t4s, who also ignore all mechanics doesn't do good for the overall skill level of the players.

These days people are also expecting a healer to be able to carry them through anything, and I could definitely see the anger and frustration during the week when SP launched when suddenly the normal method stopped working. The normal method being "pile meat on the thing and wait for it to die"

Same thing happens when there's instabilities that most people don't know how to deal with, like pugging t4 swampland with outflanked + toxic sickness + boon overload for example.

The 'trick' to Siren's Reef is add control. Stop ignoring the adds on the final boss and don't put your 'black icon' fields on the other players and it's doable.

The 'trick' to Sunqua Peak is to stop attacking when she has reflection up. And um... basically that's it.

the bug in Sunqua is that if you wipe during the reflection phase the fractal is glitched and needs to be started over. Since she does no direct damage of her own in this phase... it's super easy to not wipe: just stop attacking and move to avoid the ground effects that are telegraphed with a lot of lead up time.

I was personally repelled by the destruction of the system kp. Group of its own level can no longer be found and every time, like a lottery.

The fractal itself is not easy, but very passionate and interesting. I can't imagine what problems there can be experienced at the level t1-3.

Shattered Observatory should be and must be end-fractal in every tier, because it is final conclusion of why fractals even happens and why Dessa tries to fix so called Instabilities.Sunqua Peak's end boss reminds me more of Twilight Oasis, with all this AOE mess all around ( i can only imagine what it will be to play TO on level 100 ). But problem is Twilight Oasis is in lower tier, and Sunqua Peak should be aswell in lower tier rather than level 100.I honestly think it was designed to be in lower tier, and it was just a last moment decision to put it in level 100.

@Aeon.4583 said:Shattered Observatory should be and must be end-fractal in every tier, because it is final conclusion of why fractals even happens and why Dessa tries to fix so called Instabilities.Sunqua Peak's end boss reminds me more of Twilight Oasis, with all this AOE mess all around ( i can only imagine what it will be to play TO on level 100 ). But problem is Twilight Oasis is in lower tier, and Sunqua Peak should be aswell in lower tier rather than level 100.I honestly think it was designed to be in lower tier, and it was just a last moment decision to put it in level 100.

Since it have a Cm it was designed to be in higher level it could have been 98 tho, since anet is inconsistent there is no reason for them not to break what they done before and not make it max tier.They did it twice before with nightmare and shattered.