Domain of Istan "Intercept the corpse caravan" Event.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Greg.7086 said:Message from support >>>**The Corpse Caravan event is currently being investigated. We ask that you please continue to submit in-game bug reports, from the point where the event is bugged, so that the development team can continue to gather detailed information surrounding the issue.

Furthermore we ask that keep an eye on the forums and future patch notes so that you may know when a fix is initiated for this event**.Well at least this message from support provides some hope. Its really to bad they couldn't post that in the forums... What ever happened to the promise after the mass exodus of employees saying they would be better communicators. Seems like they fell back into their old ways.

Lol i had the same msg 4 weeks ago ............................

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sammokdadd.3602 said:

@Greg.7086 said:Message from support >>>**The Corpse Caravan event is currently being investigated. We ask that you please continue to submit in-game bug reports, from the point where the event is bugged, so that the development team can continue to gather detailed information surrounding the issue.

Furthermore we ask that keep an eye on the forums and future patch notes so that you may know when a fix is initiated for this event**.Well at least this message from support provides some hope. Its really to bad they couldn't post that in the forums... What ever happened to the promise after the mass exodus of employees saying they would be better communicators. Seems like they fell back into their old ways.

Lol i had the same msg 4 weeks ago ............................Well dang it! Hopes = 0 again.

@Dydzio.1320 said:I am 99% sure it won't get fixed on 17th.

Yeah sadly I totally agree with you mate, and to be honest wouldn't advise anyone to get their hopes up so soon.

Likelihood it will be several weeks, eeeeekkk Months ? before a fix is sorted. #Needs significantly more Dev Time to be spent on current game technical issues/bugs/problems/lag rather than devoting 99% of Dev Time on solely design & development of future content and implementing new skins.

• Performance > Cosmetics *

In the meantime, I'm turning my attentions to one of the other bugged events to keep me occupied.

I still have not obtained my vision yet. But I have got two responses from the support team from two different reps. Here is what was said:

I wrote:"The corpse caravan event is being skipped making it impossible to get the achievement which is necessary for completing the legendary trinket vision. The event line seem to break at the same time the Halloween update started at the beginning of October.

Would it be possible for a work around and putting and item on the volatile magic vendor that would give us credit for the event while it is being fixed if the fix is not coming soon?"

1st response:"While we understand the frustration that comes from experiencing an in-game bug, we at Customer Support are unable to fix any in-game issues or make any in-game changes, nor are we able to proceed with your request. With that said, we can confirm that the issue you are currently experiencing with the Corpse Caravan is currently a known issue that is being investigate at this time. At the moment we do not have any ETA on when this issue will be fixed, but we do highly recommend keeping an eye on upcoming patch notes and reaching out on the forums for more information on this issue."

I wrote:Since there was a bad hyperlink (I left that part out because of the no need to pass misinformation around) that was sent to me so I asked about that and I got a different response from the support team.

2nd response:"I have looked into this issue and it appears the Dev Team is aware of the matter and working on a solution as quickly as possible. We do not currently have a time frame for this fix, so please keep an eye on the official Guild Wars 2 forums for any updates."

At least in the 2nd response there is some substance there and not a canned response. Even though we may not get a fix soon at least we know they are working on it to some degree. Trying to stay positive while expecting the worst. Time to put on a tin foil hat and guess that this sudden surge of players completing the event is the dev team working on it? One can only hope.

I finally managed to get it done today, that was pure nightmare experience. No raid boss is as tough to get it done as The God of Cows. RIP to players who still need to get this done, I wish you the best of luck with finding fresh map instance. I camped so hard to get it done that it gave me a little bit detrimental effect on my mental health due to frustration, lol. Your chance might be after patch day - if the patch will drop not during palawadan then patch the game immediately when patch drops and go to istan. If it drops during palawadan then the fresh instance will be bugged, but then if 2nd map instnace spawns outside palawadan hours then it will be unbugged.

Just now got the event successfully.. we were waiting for sunspear uprising on an about to close map and it failed obviously and we landed on fresh map instance when the timer ran out.. we didnt switch it manually... and we got a fresh map instance and we got caravan event and we went all out war on the cow.... and we succeeded.. FYI.. if ure just reading this, look for an LFG in istan... were trying our best to cc the caravan and kill it at the last minute until it reaches great hall.. glhf...

Happy for everyone who found a workable instance. Meanwhile I'll just sit here and pray to RNGesus that I get one soon.During the hours that I typically play, Istan it is fairly empty. So I don't see myself getting it this way unless I get lucky.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I started working on Aurora since I had nothing else to do on vision but the caravan. Well today I will finish Aurora... So I was able to craft a different legendary accessory before this was fixed and I had not worked on any of it previously. So it must be some harder than legendary code they are working with because they still cant craft an update. My eyes are anxiously awaiting the 17th patch notes.

@Excursion.9752 said:Happy for everyone who found a workable instance. Meanwhile I'll just sit here and pray to RNGesus that I get one soon.During the hours that I typically play, Istan it is fairly empty. So I don't see myself getting it this way unless I get lucky.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I started working on Aurora since I had nothing else to do on vision but the caravan. Well today I will finish Aurora... So I was able to craft a different legendary accessory before this was fixed and I had not worked on any of it previously. So it must be some harder than legendary code they are working with because they still cant craft an update. My eyes are anxiously awaiting the 17th patch notes.

Yeah same praying hard it gets fixed couldnt afford more time to camp either due to work too

today, we did 5 successful caravan events and we managed to invite more ppl.. we tried our best not to deplete the progressbar(defeat mordant crescent forces and interceprt corpse caravans progress bar) too soon so it spawns caravans more and buys time for ppl to get the achi ... and try to keep the awakened casualties to a minimum to maintain the progress bar. my observation is... we have a better chance at a fresh working unbugged istan map when we just wait out the timer on the old map... rather than jumping to the mushroom blessing.... you can try it out.. if you do get a successful caravan map, try to kill the caravan as late as possible.. put up lfg and inv more ppl... cc the cow and kill it if either the progress bar is gonna deplete or the cow is about to reach the great hall

note: if you get a caravan event and then the progress bar depleted, then the event will definitely fail... the bug has to do with number of awakened dead on a map that qualifies the next step in sunspear uprising meta to trigger... seems the devs forgot to reset the dead awakened count check once the sunspear uprising meta ended... the count seems to check once an awakened or the caravan dies.. so thats my observation