[NA] Small group of nerds born in the 80's looking for new friends! [FATE] -[PVE & SOCIAL]

Squeeks.1842

Background

From Ashes They Emerge [FATE] is a family friendly casual/social guild that is part of the Sunny Skies Social and Gaming community. Why the name Sunny Skies? We want our community to reflect a bright future with no drama and conflict. Our main member base is adults late 20- early 50s who grew up in the 80's and appreciate pop culture references from that time. Our main game focus is GW2 but we dabble in others as well. We currently have 5-10 active members who play GW2 and are looking for push that number to around 10-15.

Community Highlights

• Guild members: Diverse group, average age of members is late 20s - 40s, most are parents with school-aged kids, most are from the East Coast with a few from the West Coast. We would prefer to stick with folks from the USA and on eastern/central time for now!
  • Expansive Discord server for getting to know your guild mates through conversation throughout the day outside of game.
  • Game modes focus: PvE: Guild Misisons, fractals, Meta events, dungeons, strike missions. WvW: Server: Jade Quarry (for WvW only)
  • Currently running mostly guild missions, weekly fractal night, weekly dungeon night and strike missions and meta events when folks are interested. Some PVP
  • New for June 2021 - come run living world s2 achievements with us! - That's right, with the re-release of lws2 we are hosting events to help you achievement hunt through this exciting content.
  • Guild Hall: Gilded Hollow level 55 and rising.
  • Rep requirement: Repping preferred so that you can keep up with the guild daily message and guild chat.
  • Experience: We have a mix of newer and experienced players as well as veteran players looking to experience something new in game. 

Who we're looking for (1-3 are not negotiable)

1. First and foremost nothing else matters if you're not respectful, friendly, social and behaviorally mature. We don't tolerate bullying, insensitivity, or prejudice against anyone's background, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, creed, etc. Being diverse and inclusive is part of what makes our community engagement rich and satisfying to be a part of.
  2. Folks interested in building a community based on the above principles and who enjoy socializing with folks of similar interests.
  3. Folks who live in the USA, preferably Eastern and Central time as most of our events are between 2:30 and 9:30 Eastern time. Mountain and Pacific time zones will be considered on a case by case basis.
  4. Bonus if you are interested in helping run events!

Get in touch with us!

BEST WAY On Discord: Squeeks#7996, Peaches#8535

In Game: Peacheznlace.3580 or Squeeks.1842

We only occasionally check this forum so please reach out on discord if you are looking for more information about our community!

Edited by Squeeks.1842
Updated info!

• 3 weeks later...

While the title is deceptive, I am actually a 90's nerd born in the realm between the '89 and '91 and let me tell you it makes a difference. =)

This ragtag group of misfit toys have made me feel more than welcome and comfortable. They are inviting to all and do not force events upon anyone. They have helped me accomplish legendary tasks for Astralaria even though I didn't ask for the assistance. They waited for me to log on to finish fractal runs because I needed them even though I was running late for the event.

This is the guild you want to be social with and then play some game with.

You could consider it FATE! HAHA I had to throw in that cheesy one liner.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you! Yes, you looking at this forum post wondering if you actually fit in. Don't look away because now you are weirded out because you are having a conversation with a forum post from the past. Good you stayed. Let me tell you why you should stay longer. There is only one reason at thats because it is Fate.

This guild is full of loving and wacky people that love to have a good time. We enjoy guild missions together and participate in fractals and strikes as a guild. Can I tell you a secret we beat Boneskinner when it was most of the groups first time even doing a strike and one person healing that had never healed before. We go along for the long haul to have fun and teach as we go.

If that did impress you then maybe you should come hangout with us and see for yourself. We are doing the Halloween Ascent to Madness tonight as a guild run and we would be more than happy to have you tag along.

Also, if you want to know if this is true and you don't believe me then let me tell you. I am only a member of this guild with no authority to the powers at be, and I am saying all of this to just tell you this guild is worth the chance.

Talk to you soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@triplesixcult.7185 said:Hey, @Squeeks.1842 !Your guild seems like a match for me. <3 I play everyday!Discord: triplesixcult#0907GW2: triplesixcult.7185

I’m having some issues with connecting to you on Discord! My apologies!

Glad we got that figured out and you could join us!Also a big welcome to our newest member, Puppy!We still have room for more, come check us out!

Hello, Guild Wars 2 forums and those looking for a new community to join because you just haven't found a perfect group of nerds to join to have fun. Did you stop by because you thought Squeeks forum picture looked cute? Well, good because now you get another story about this guild.

Do you like running fractals and guild missions? We do, too, but we enjoy doing it as a guild. We enjoy have fun and talk to each other and do no force anything upon anybody. I mean, do you have a Supreme Commander in your current guild? We have a Supreme Commander that can make one person Boneskinner. Okay, maybe he can't, but I mean it's a fun little inside joke we have now.

I'm telling you if you took the time to read this then you might as well send a message and join the fun!

Talk to you soon!

Pinky

@Bolvine.2164 said:Hi there! I recently returned, and I am looking for a good home. I am an older gamer, but I am on nightly 8:30 ish EST. Hopefully, this sounds like a good fit! I can send a message later when I am online. Thanks!

Hello Bolvine, one of our officers, Peaches, has reached out to you in-game. Looking forward to gaming with you in the future!

Come one, come all! To the craziest group this side of the Shiverpeaks! If you got this far down the post, that means you are interested and should send us a message.

I look forward to gaming with you soon.

Pinky

• 3 weeks later...

Salute and saluastions.

Im rather intrested in your guild. Ive spoken Peacheznlace.3580 but was via in game mail and as such limited in the body of email as to what can be said.Ive been playing GW2s from release off an on. Im a rather laid back person who enjoys helping folks out when Im able. Most of my characters are set up for support roles because thats the play style I enjoy the most (if GW2 worked with the holy trinity Id be the healer most often), but not much chance to fully enjoy them as a solo player (at this time).

Just looking for a sence of community in a laid back enviorment with folks whom I can enjoy running with.

Thank you for your time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...