Who's idea was it to make Warrior bubbles move?

hunkamania.7561

Personally... I wish it was an elite skill that could be used in PvE and PvP. Really tired of using Banner and really hate using Rampage (I honestly use it just to get a 100% stomp, since its more reliable than banner, due to blind, CC or friendly teleport).

Also, I do hope we dont get anymore boon hate specs in the future, yes its great for PvP and WvW but not so great in PvE where boons are few and rare... unless they seriously buff NPC's boon spam (Which Id love to see! Give them Aegis, give them Might, Fury, Quickness and make the players want to use these specs to counter them.)

going back on point, when WoD first came out, the skill was ok, you could use it, Drop it down and dagger 2 through it to cause daze when the attack connects, the field allowed you to CC with every leap, or gain swiftness if you blasted it... Then the change happened, now no longer able to use your own field. the March 05, 2019 was the worst thing that they did to it.

Personally I dont see the point of using this skill (not talking WvW here). Low damage, cant attack, strips 10 boons per person over 5 seconds. Do note that these boons will be reapplied as soon as the effect ends. If you use this skill in PvE you're a fool, since you just made a 99% DPS drop by using the skill, use it in PvP and you become useless to your team for 5s... Honestly revert the channel and make it a cast and drop skill again, This will allow warriors to use this skill in all game modes to create a real shield for allies when someone tries to cheese them on point with projectiles, or protect a party in a dungeon/strike from projectile attacks/remove boons on the boss.

I'd far prefer it to be reverted so it was no longer channeled. I find it very rare to be able to channel the whole duration against a semi-competent group. Just dropping it and being able to start a hammer rotation in your own bubble was pretty nice.

In blob fights, particularly when the tide is turning against you, you're pretty lucky to get 2 pulses out of it. All the while, you're basically a sitting duck with a "hit me" marker on your head.

That is me being pretty selfish though, and honestly, the way it is now is more open to counterplay and a bit fairer.

@Smoosh.2718 said:Personally... I wish it was an elite skill that could be used in PvE and PvP. Really tired of using Banner and really hate using Rampage (I honestly use it just to get a 100% stomp, since its more reliable than banner, due to blind, CC or friendly teleport).

Also, I do hope we dont get anymore boon hate specs in the future, yes its great for PvP and WvW but not so great in PvE where boons are few and rare... unless they seriously buff NPC's boon spam (Which Id love to see! Give them Aegis, give them Might, Fury, Quickness and make the players want to use these specs to counter them.)

going back on point, when WoD first came out, the skill was ok, you could use it, Drop it down and dagger 2 through it to cause daze when the attack connects, the field allowed you to CC with every leap, or gain swiftness if you blasted it... Then the change happened, now no longer able to use your own field. the March 05, 2019 was the worst thing that they did to it.

Personally I dont see the point of using this skill (not talking WvW here). Low damage, cant attack, strips 10 boons per person over 5 seconds. Do note that these boons will be reapplied as soon as the effect ends. If you use this skill in PvE you're a fool, since you just made a 99% DPS drop by using the skill, use it in PvP and you become useless to your team for 5s... Honestly revert the channel and make it a cast and drop skill again, This will allow warriors to use this skill in all game modes to create a real shield for allies when someone tries to cheese them on point with projectiles, or protect a party in a dungeon/strike from projectile attacks/remove boons on the boss.

^This. Let us use our own field.

@hunkamania.7561 said:This is legit the worst change i've ever seen in this game.... Bubble wouldn't even be as bad if it was like it was before when it stayed in one spot. Now everyone runs a ton of bubbles and yolo into the enemy zerg. can we please revert this bad change? Thank you

exactly, the change was a fail,it was so for it to be interruptable, but giving a lesser counter play, removed an bigger counter play, which is walk around it or even waitted out.and people will just rush bubble in to enemy and rendering war to bubble bots.and it is unfun for both side

@felix.2386 said:

@"hunkamania.7561" said:....and people will just rush bubble in to enemy and rendering war to bubble bots.and it is unfun for both side

Also this.It's pretty miserable that a "successful" bubble consists of the player walking around doing nothing for a few seconds while your team mates see big shiny numbers. While there's work in coordinating with your team, it's not a satisfying skill (compared to battle standard with a clutch rez back in the day, shroud for necro, invuln for guard etc).

Yep, when they implemented this change I actually stopped using bubble. Before that I had some great moments in WvW. And now? Since Feb patch? I do not go WvW anymore - it's extremely boring now as a Warrior.

I just can't believe they're still ignoring Warrior. CmC you MAIN our class (your words). HELP.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Yep, when they implemented this change I actually stopped using bubble. Before that I had some great moments in WvW. And now? Since Feb patch? I do not go WvW anymore - it's extremely boring now as a Warrior.

I just can't believe they're still ignoring Warrior. CmC you MAIN our class (your words). HELP.

He said in a Q&A that he's been playing ele i do believe, if the skill was target dropped, or dropped in place it would be far better. Allowing the warrior to finally use their own field, like the engi can with hammer.

So much that I would honestly like to see reworked:Rifle - Total rework from scratch (every skill does the same thing, promotes a very bad playstyle)Hammer - Some of the attacks are jarring to use, give the weapon some utility rather than just stun stun stun, Hammer 4 could be changed to an evade and attack as an example, so you don't have to rely on other weapons to keep you alive.Mace - Mace 3 feels pathetic when compaired to dagger 3, Mace 2 drops if anything non projectile touches it, keep the block up until the user wants to use the strike (Just like the rangers block - this can apply to sword 5 as well) Mace Burst skill, give this skill a leap, trying to land a 130 skill in 2020 is terrible when facing AOE spunking condi monkies.Warhorn - Changes good, but the buff should be over time not 2 attacks, give this warhorn superspeed and swiftness... Heck, you could even give it AOE quickness for the players around for say 2s, make it an option for damage players rather than just only healbot.Traits - many traits just do not flow well, why would you pick body blow? why would you pick power to vitality? Why would you pick any 300s trait? Why would you pick Soldier's Comfort? (seriously reduce the CD on Marching orders and this might be viable 15s is stupid for 3 might and 970 healing) So many to list, so many that will get ignored.

Yet, Flash bang, Explosive enterance, Lightning Rod, Terror are things in this game, that do stupidly high damage for passive traits. (Terror I've seen do 15k damage from chain fear, that is not including other damage sources.)

Warrior as a class is beyond predictable, you know where they will go, how they will get there and when. If you were on a ledge you knew you were safe and could poke them down from heights. Almost every single class in the game, bar the ranger, engineer can teleport giving them a huge advantage of escape/predictability. (that being said, engineer also can abuse the stealth and grenade barage, one shotting anyone it connects with.) The warriors own kit has made the class suffer being too easy to predict, if you see a hammer, just blind them, or dodge the very slow attacks. When will this change? I'd like to say in a balance patch, but i feel like we'll all have to settle with EoD's elite spec.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:I’m probably in the minority here, but I actually like that the bubble being mobile, considering the fluidity of Zerg vs Zerg.

But it makes the bubble useless in every other bit of content.If the bubble was made to appear at target location: In PvE the bubble can be used as a CC bubble, Pop it down and use dagger 2 and dagger F1 for 2 daze attacks, for PvP you can use it as a anti range pressure and daze leap bubble on point, WvW you could use the bubble at a target location and then contribute to the fight, rather than being a huge case of 'yes master, banner here master.'

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:I’m probably in the minority here, but I actually like that the bubble being mobile, considering the fluidity of Zerg vs Zerg.

But it makes the bubble useless in every other bit of content.If the bubble was made to appear at target location: In PvE the bubble can be used as a CC bubble, Pop it down and use dagger 2 and dagger F1 for 2 daze attacks, for PvP you can use it as a anti range pressure and daze leap bubble on point, WvW you could use the bubble at a target location and then contribute to the fight, rather than being a huge case of 'yes master, banner here master.'

The bubble would still be a lesser to the other elites that warrior has access to for PvE. I’m pretty sure the bubble was made for competitive play not PvE.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

The bubble would still be a lesser to the other elites that warrior has access to for PvE. I’m pretty sure the bubble was made for competitive play not PvE.

If say you are in a competant group, where banner is not needed, bubble could be used to aid with projectile protection (Boneskinner) while keeping up your damage after dropping the bubble on the ground, using Rampage is a damage loss, Signet of rage is the most boring elite skill i have ever seen and banner is AOE res bot that only gets used if people mess up. Yes idealy you should be using Zerker and possible headbutt due to the damage and burst capacity. At least with a droppable bubble it would be a little bit viable for PvE PvP and WvW. Currently bubble is a WvW only thing with the rest of the skills being a graveyard thing.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Yep, when they implemented this change I actually stopped using bubble. Before that I had some great moments in WvW. And now? Since Feb patch? I do not go WvW anymore - it's extremely boring now as a Warrior.

LOL CmC is ele main back in the competitive pvp days, war is just his sub class like every other decent player.

@felix.2386 said:

LOL CmC is ele main back in the competitive pvp days, war is just his sub class like every other decent player.

Yeah but, right now, he mains warrior. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Smoosh.2718 said:

If say you are in a competant group, where banner is not needed, bubble could be used to aid with projectile protection (Boneskinner) while keeping up your damage after dropping the bubble on the ground, using Rampage is a damage loss, Signet of rage is the most boring elite skill i have ever seen and banner is AOE res bot that only gets used if people mess up. Yes idealy you should be using Zerker and possible headbutt due to the damage and burst capacity. At least with a droppable bubble it would be a little bit viable for PvE PvP and WvW. Currently bubble is a WvW only thing with the rest of the skills being a graveyard thing.

I think you countered you’re own point here with this and was what I was referring to anyways. Even if bubble is dropable, you’d still not want to use it in favor of the signet, boring or not. Further, the whole design around Spellbreaker is to destroy boons. I maybe wrong here because I barely do any PvE anymore but last I saw there isn’t a whole lotta mobs and bosses that use boons.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I think you countered you’re own point here with this and was what I was referring to anyways. Even if bubble is dropable, you’d still not want to use it in favor of the signet, boring or not. Further, the whole design around Spellbreaker is to destroy boons. I maybe wrong here because I barely do any PvE anymore but last I saw there isn’t a whole lotta mobs and bosses that use boons.

If you can drop WoD as a stationary AoE, or have it be an AoE that follows you like a a Scrapper Gyro, then you can use the field for finishers, namely leap finishers for dazes or blasts for swiftness, so no I would not take Signet of WoD if that happened.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If you can drop WoD as a stationary AoE, or have it be an AoE that follows you like a a Scrapper Gyro, then you can use the field for finishers, namely leap finishers for dazes or blasts for swiftness, so no I would not take Signet of WoD if that happened.

And you’d take Spellbreaker over Berserker or Core for PvE?

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

And you’d take Spellbreaker over Berserker or Core for PvE?

Depends on the content. T3 core F1's are overkill on most mobs, and MBT plus MMR is great sustain still in PvE. FotM should always be Power Zerker though.

OWPVE? Dropping a non channeled WoD and getting multiple dazes from leaps in the field would break bars hard. That and the extra critical strikes while I attack normally would generate mass might stacks for self sustain better than SoR ever could.