Why does GW2 not have a method to save story instance progress

There does seem to be some kind of checkpoint saving in some instances, or at least there were in LWS4. I got disconnected more than half way through the siege on Gendara, when you fight the Beastmarshal. I remember a lot of the complaints about people getting kicked from instances and having to start over. This part of the story was pretty long and I thought I would have to start over. It turned out there was some kind of auto-save feature and I resumed the story from the Beastmarshal fight after entering the instance again. Maybe I just got lucky, dunno.

@"Trise.2865" said:It's called "finish the instance".

I'm sure people would love to finish the story instances but unfortunately said instances tend to disconnect during un-skippable cutscenes or right after boss fights. While sitting through the same scenes of forgettable characters talking about forgettable things is no doubt enjoyable for some players, I would wager that most are not keen on the repeated exposure.

Nine out of ten pact commanders recommend feeding Braham and Kasmeer to junundu wurms.

@ewenness.6482 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:It's called "finish the instance".

I'm sure people would love to finish the story instances but unfortunately said instances tend to disconnect during un-skippable cutscenes or right after boss fights. While sitting through the same scenes of forgettable characters talking about forgettable things is no doubt enjoyable for some players, I would wager that most are not keen on the repeated exposure.

Nine out of ten pact commanders recommend feeding Braham and Kasmeer to junundu wurms.

The solution to this for most people is just to spam a skill like your 1 key throughout the cut scene. It doesn't happen to most people, but those that do have that problem have reported this will fix it.

@Vayne.8563 said:

The solution to this for most people is just to spam a skill like your 1 key throughout the cut scene. It doesn't happen to most people, but those that do have that problem have reported this will fix it.

For me personally the only solution was to get someone to stay in the instance as a wisp while I played through it. They didn't assist me in any way but their mere presence prevented disconnections for whatever reason. This does unfortunately mean that if I wish to play any story instance, I need to find a poor sod to slav squat in it.

@Vayne.8563 said:

This work-around helped me get through the entire PoF story and Season 4.

It also provides a bit of catharsis, as I walk up to the NPC in that chapter that I like the least and pretend to stab him/her over and over. Very satisfying.

Some instances do save progress, others don't. Guess it depends on who scripted them.

Why don't all instances work the same? I don't know, maybe because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, maybe because sometimes the devs think of it and sometimes they don't, maybe it's because they sometimes have the time to implement these things and sometimes they don't.

Doing the boss fights in story makes me want to quit the game several times. Every time its a piss off. We are not really fighting the boss just fighting the mechanics. And repeating mechanics. It is a painful grind. Do something about it before losing more gamers. Lower the difficulty or remove layers of mechanics pls!

@medivh.4725 said:Doing the boss fights in story makes me want to quit the game several times. Every time its a kitten off. We are not really fighting the boss just fighting the mechanics. And repeating mechanics. It is a painful grind. Do something about it before losing more gamers. Lower the difficulty or remove layers of mechanics pls!

The mechanics is the bosses skills tho so how are you not fighting the boss?

@Linken.6345 said:

@medivh.4725 said:Doing the boss fights in story makes me want to quit the game several times. Every time its a kitten off. We are not really fighting the boss just fighting the mechanics. And repeating mechanics. It is a painful grind. Do something about it before losing more gamers. Lower the difficulty or remove layers of mechanics pls!

The mechanics is the bosses skills tho so how are you not fighting the boss?

Autoatacking the boss=fighting the bossHaving to dodge or to position yourself outside of red AoEs of doom=fighting the mechanics