Dungeon armor and weapons should have the option to select different stats

The lack of stat selectable weapons is not the reason that people don’t do dungeons like they used to.

The other issue is that the dungeon would only have core Tyra stat combinations which rules out many builds. Anet appears to prefer those other stats to remain contained in whatever content they originated in so it’s unlikely they’d change that.

What they could do is make every stat combination currently available in any of the dungeons available in all of them.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The lack of stat selectable weapons is not the reason that people don’t do dungeons like they used to.

The other issue is that the dungeon would only have core Tyra stat combinations which rules out many builds. Anet appears to prefer those other stats to remain contained in whatever content they originated in so it’s unlikely they’d change that.

What they could do is make every stat combination currently available in any of the dungeons available in all of them.

I really don't see why they won't add new dungeons to the expansions to acquire the expansion stats. I do like your last Idea though. As someone whos played a lot, i don't see the point in spending an absurd amount of time to get the new stats and I don't see why a new player would either. I think allowing dungeon armor to have selectable stats as exotic rarity would be an easy fix and it doesn't mean Anet has to rework dungeons since they have said many times they won't rework them.

@Guncluts.3751 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The lack of stat selectable weapons is not the reason that people don’t do dungeons like they used to.

I really don't see why they won't add new dungeons to the expansions to acquire the expansion stats. I do like your last Idea though. As someone whos played a lot, i don't see the point in spending an absurd amount of time to get the new stats and I don't see why a new player would either. I think allowing dungeon armor to have selectable stats as exotic rarity would be an easy fix and it doesn't mean Anet has to rework dungeons since they have said many times they won't rework them.

New dungeons would last as long as LS episodes. Players would grind out the skins and then not do them again.

My last idea was specifically that only the stats that are currently available through dungeons should be available across all dungeons. An example being that berserker stats would be made available in AC. And this not as stat selectable but as an option to choose directly from the vendor.

Other stats should remain with the content that they originated from. The majority of those stats don’t really take all that much time to acquire.

• 2 weeks later...

like @Ayrilana.1396 said, people did not do dungeons for the armors and weapons ... not to mention how actually tedious long it takesPvP and WvW reward tracks are actually so much faster to get the weapons, you can easily get 3 weapons and an armor in 6-8hours

people farmed dungeons back in the days for the gold you get for completing a dungeon, when Anet nerfed the gold reward everyone left, only going back there if the daily is on, or if they are working on a legendary weapon

not to mention there are certain uncraftable inscriptions and insignia that can only be salvaged from dungeon weapon and armors, those cannot be salvaged from a stat selectable equipment

@Guncluts.3751 said:I really don't see why they won't add new dungeons to the expansions to acquire the expansion stats.

Raids are basically the new dungeons for the expansiosn, you can buy stats selectable ascended gears with the Magnetite Shards

Same as strikes, the cut to the chase style dungeon where you go in and beat up the boss

I don't really see the issue here. Exotic is outdated. You can find the same set with different tokens. With the 8 dungeons achievement you can farm the tokens you want pretty easily if you need a gift or runes, or weapons/armors.
Even for newbies, they better have to gear one character with craft or BLTC, then farm fractals, strikes, pvp ... to gear their characters with ascended; but not dungeons.

• 3 months later...

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:I don't really see the issue here. Exotic is outdated. You can find the same set with different tokens. With the 8 dungeons achievement you can farm the tokens you want pretty easily if you need a gift or runes, or weapons/armors.

Even for newbies, they better have to gear one character with craft or BLTC, then farm fractals, strikes, pvp ... to gear their characters with ascended; but not dungeons.

What do you mean „they better have to gear one character“...? If a new player wants to play/try out different classes in the „endgame“, then he/she should have the option to do so. What worth is it if I need dozens of hours gearing one character/class up if I end up liking another class more?I am a veteran GW2 player and I am astonished by how you guys underestimate the time/gold that is needed to craft all the different ascended gear for different game modes.

If you have a good dungeon team, e.g. one in which you are the only newbie, grinding dungeons gives you a full exotic armor set in a day or two. No pvp reward track, nor wvw reward track is this fast.

@crepuscular.9047 said:like @Ayrilana.1396 said, people did not do dungeons for the armors and weapons ... not to mention how actually tedious long it takesPvP and WvW reward tracks are actually so much faster to get the weapons, you can easily get 3 weapons and an armor in 6-8hours

people farmed dungeons back in the days for the gold you get for completing a dungeon, when Anet nerfed the gold reward everyone left, only going back there if the daily is on, or if they are working on a legendary weapon

not to mention there are certain uncraftable inscriptions and insignia that can only be salvaged from dungeon weapon and armors, those cannot be salvaged from a stat selectable equipment

@Guncluts.3751 said:I really don't see why they won't add new dungeons to the expansions to acquire the expansion stats.

Raids are basically the new dungeons for the expansiosn, you can buy stats selectable ascended gears with the Magnetite Shards

Same as strikes, the cut to the chase style dungeon where you go in and beat up the boss

The idea is to also make hot and pof stats selectable for dungeon exotics. That should pose no technical problem. New players would have an easy access to stats needed for different end game modes like raids and wvw. Not only new players, but also veterans who preferred to stay in one game mode for many years (like me) because they didnt want to spend all their gold on sets and sets of different ascended pieces not knowing where that leads to.If I can easily obtain all types of exotic armor stats I am more willing to try out all the different classes and roles tied to these stats. And if I come to the conclusion that one particular class shall be my main I can still grind ascended gear for that class. There is no downside to this.

Also the fact that people did „not leave dungeons because of the lack of stat selection“ is no counterargument and actually misses the point.Stat selection could give players a NEW reason to come back to dungeons, both veterans and of course newbies. Yes, they could increase the gold reward back to where it was, but stat selection alone would already bring me back (and yes, I started playing the game in 2012 and was there when we grinded dungeons for our legendaries).

for veterans people won't do dungeon more if stats are selectable imo. not so many people are stuck to exotic gear.for beginer if they don't have xpac the'll be stuck to core stats and not that many great stats in core but all are in BLTP for dirt cheap :) if they have xpac why not but it will take them a similar amount of time (even faster if they farm a it) to get gear throughs strikes missions and its ascended. if really they are ascended alergic they can also get exotic runic armor for just doing a couple of strikes...In the end i'd say it would be interesting to have something more useful through dongeon but unfortunally selectable stats isn't it.

because it wouldn't bring anything to make veterans go back to dungeons and does't bring much to new players regardless :)although if you mean add craftable skins (similar to dungeon rings) that are costing a lot of token, like 1 or 2k tokens, and can be sold at TP it would give people the opportunity to go back and make few coins for doing so and it whether you are a veteran or new player

I think the best thing they could do for dungeons would be to add a hard mode option.Bulk up the token reward for hard modes and add a new ascended weapon set and trio of armour sets for each dungeon with an Elite status.

Anet would never do this though, they don't really want people going back to old content much when they're so focused on making new content all the time.It's counterproductive.

@Fangoth.4503 said:because it wouldn't bring anything to make veterans go back to dungeons and does't bring much to new players regardless :)That's not really an argument against doing it, though.

I mean, it would help some players at least a little, and you don't seem to have any actual reason why it should not be implemented.

Unless you think doing it would cause some bad consequences, but i don't see you saying anything like that.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:because it wouldn't bring anything to make veterans go back to dungeons and does't bring much to new players regardless :)That's not really an argument against doing it, though.

I mean, it
would
help some players at least a little, and you don't seem to have any actual reason why it should
not
be implemented.

Unless you think doing it would cause some bad consequences, but i don't see you saying anything like that.

Argument against it: time removed developping other content to implement content that will help barely no one.Most interesting core stats is berserk and its easily obtainable by doing CoF. Most other stats are less that a gold piece and so can be bought by doing a daily or one dj path which is much faster that doing 2-4 path to get the piece through tokens.Could have been interesting for pof/hot stats but its already there for dead cheap in VB or EotN :)if you don't add extra value to it it is just developping content that is already obtainable for cheaper through any other ways. Personally I rather have dev developing useful or at least fancy content rather than that.

@Fangoth.4503 said:Argument against it: time removed developping other content to implement content that will help barely no one.Expected that one. In this case it doesn't really work. Changing a piece of armor to be stat-selectable is not hard for them, they have done this before (and sometimes on a much more massive scale). It's not asking for a dungeon rework (although that one would be nice too). It's one of the things a developer could do in their off time - possibly less work than some of the home instance kittens.

I don't think ANet want people to run dungeons more, rather the opposite.They don't want to work on them anymore and if more people started to run them again, they'd be drowning in complaints due to all the bugs and issues. They'd also have to update them to the new builds and all, or it'd be too much of a faceroll to get those more 'exclusive'(?) stats.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:Argument against it: time removed developping other content to implement content that will help barely no one.Expected that one. In this case it doesn't really work. Changing a piece of armor to be stat-selectable is not hard for them, they have done this before (and sometimes on a much more massive scale). It's not asking for a dungeon rework (although that one would be nice too). It's one of the things a developer could do in their off time - possibly less work than some of the home instance kittens.

maybe its gonna be fast but cannot really say on that as i'm not dev, but it will break wing 3 which will take month to fix

@Fangoth.4503 said:

maybe its gonna be fast but cannot really say on that as i'm not dev, but it will break wing 3 which will take month to fixI won't say it will definitely not break wing 3 (why 3, btw?), because we all know how spaghetti the gw2 code is, but it would be no more likely to break it as adding literally anything else to the game. And i don't hear anyone using that argument against adding new things to the game.