Dungeons

@choon.6308 said:

Fractals are better than Dungeons in every way I can think of.

Except fun. Dungeons are the pure vanilla GW2 experience and people have a lot of memories with them.

Fractals are not very fun but feel like a chore to get through for rewards. I don't think I ever had fun in cliffside, siren's reef, molten boss, aquatic, urban battleground etc.

Then you are playing with the wrong people.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

@"choon.6308" said:

Except fun. Dungeons are the pure vanilla GW2 experience and people have a lot of memories with them.

Fractals are not very fun but feel like a chore to get through for rewards. I don't think I ever had fun in cliffside, siren's reef, molten boss, aquatic, urban battleground etc.

the people? fun people make every part fun, boring people make every part boring, tedious people make every part tedious. it's more fun to stare at a black screen with the right people than playing a fractal/dungeon/whatever with the wrong people. using people as an argument shows that you have no real one.

i never played gw1. i started playing gw2 just before HoT came out in the short "fully free" period. each and every fractal is entirely disjointed, lacks story and context. it's just a "go to this place, kill these guys, do this extra task and then leave". no reason. no story. no fun. just boring repetition, especially with the tier system. why do people do fractals? rewards probably. or some inside joke from gw1 or discontinued content. nothing there for a new player or even a player that plays for 5 years now which is rather old.

dungeons connect the ties a lot better. solely the fact that they are located on a spot on the map, use that as theme and justificion for their mere existence is more connection than any fractal has. fractals can only be fun by fun mechanics, a thing i haven't seen in them quite enough. dungeons can be fun just by existing on a map. dungeons are vastly superior - or would be if they got any love by the devs.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@"choon.6308" said:

the people? fun people make every part fun, boring people make every part boring, tedious people make every part tedious. it's more fun to stare at a black screen with the right people than playing a fractal/dungeon/whatever with the wrong people. using people as an argument shows that you have no real one.

i never played gw1. i started playing gw2 just before HoT came out in the short "fully free" period. each and every fractal is entirely disjointed, lacks story and context. it's just a "go to this place, kill these guys, do this extra task and then leave". no reason. no story. no fun. just boring repetition, especially with the tier system. why do people do fractals? rewards probably. or some inside joke from gw1 or discontinued content. nothing there for a new player or even a player that plays for 5 years now which is rather old.

dungeons connect the ties a lot better. solely the fact that they are located on a spot on the map, use that as theme and justificion for their mere existence is more connection than any fractal has. fractals can only be fun by fun mechanics, a thing i haven't seen in them quite enough. dungeons can be fun just by existing on a map. dungeons are vastly superior - or would be if they got any love by the devs.

Lol okay, thanks for your life story?

The fact that you tell btw that fractals lacks story just shows how little you know about GW2.

But it's nice that your opinion seems to be above all others and not only consists of the fact that you are someone who is probably floating in nostalgia and can't let go :)

It's not about the people, it's about the gameplay mechanics that focus on business rather than fun. I've actually met pretty fun people in fractals over the years. That didn't help make the experience feel fun though.

Dungeons are abandoned the same way raids, strikes and fractals are abandoned. New fractal was released after how many months now? And it's made to hype up the next expansion, that's it. No active development or new mechanics are in the map.

Too bad you never experienced the dungeon lifestyle and have no memories in them. Maybe you started very late to this game, who knows.

@"WorldofBay.8160" said:why do people do fractals? rewards probablysame and in dungeons. And people actively do it. One small problem to -get place in this party you need also have same good skill, cool dps, properly class for skip, and etc.So up yours skill, learn rotation, look videos, find const pt inside some pve guild, and get fun. No one will say you "ou, welcome, come with us do some gold". People look only same or better for this.

Another way - take inside guild 40lv+ members and new player and go ACp1 30 minutes. .. or more:))

dungeons can be funthey already fun, and for gold whit skilled toxic people and whit new members who create account few weeks ago.

@choon.6308 said:

It's not about the people, it's about the gameplay mechanics that focus on business rather than fun. I've actually met pretty fun people in fractals over the years. That didn't help make the experience feel fun though.

Dungeons are abandoned the same way raids, strikes and fractals are abandoned. New fractal was released after how many months now? And it's made to hype up the next expansion, that's it. No active development or new mechanics are in the map.

Too bad you never experienced the dungeon lifestyle and have no memories in them. Maybe you started very late to this game, who knows.

What does the fact that you can't let go have to do with whether something is fun or not?I played GW2 where dungeons were not dead yet, so I know those 'memories'. But I am someone who likes to look ahead :).

By the way, I am someone who has played and is playing Dungeons for Fun with another Person in a party of two. I love dungeons and I love fractals. But not because of the gamemode itself, but because of the people I play it with and I bet to 99% that you wouldn't have those 'memories' if you played with the wrong people :).

What does the fact that you can't let go have to do with whether something is fun or not?

Let go of what? Dungeons are still in the game and more active than fractals in my server.

I played GW2 where dungeons were not dead yet, so I know those 'memories'. But I am someone who likes to look ahead :).

Look ahead for what? Dungeons hugely outnumber the number of fractals still. When is your next fractal coming up? Any new mechanics other than the current repetitive grind? Yikes.

By the way, I am someone who has played and is playing Dungeons for Fun with another Person in a party of two. I love dungeons and I love fractals.

I find that very hard to believe for the simple fact that you got so easily triggered when people mentioned dungeons are better than fractals and more active. You can't seem to grasp it. I suggest you give it a try. Because so far you sound like that meme "Wait, you guys are having fun?

But not because of the gamemode itself, but because of the people I play it with and I bet to 99% that you wouldn't have those 'memories' if you played with the wrong people :).

Which "wrong people" are you talking about exactly? I play with different pugs everyday and meet tens of new people each day. Define what you mean by "wrong people" and "memories".

@"choon.6308" said:

What does the fact that you can't let go have to do with whether something is fun or not?

Let go of what? Dungeons are still in the game and more active than fractals in my server.

I played GW2 where dungeons were not dead yet, so I know those 'memories'. But I am someone who likes to look ahead :).

Look ahead for what? Dungeons hugely outnumber the number of fractals still. When is your next fractal coming up? Any new mechanics other than the current repetitive grind? Yikes.

By the way, I am someone who has played and is playing Dungeons for Fun with another Person in a party of two. I love dungeons and I love fractals.

I find that very hard to believe for the simple fact that you got so easily triggered when people mentioned dungeons are better than fractals and more active. You can't seem to grasp it. I suggest you give it a try.

But not because of the gamemode itself, but because of the people I play it with and I bet to 99% that you wouldn't have those 'memories' if you played with the wrong people :).

Which "wrong people" are you talking about exactly? I play with different pugs everyday and meet tens of new people each day. Define what you mean by "wrong people" and "memories".

If it's that easy, why get upset and don't just play them?

If it's that easy, why get upset and don't just play them?

I already am and most importantly having fun, something you've obviously been missing.

Also try to answer all the points and explain yourself because when you fail to answer anything or backup any of your claims, you come off as a troll. Read above post and answer the three questions.

I never really considered GW2 dungeons to be what I consider a real MMO Dungeon: a pretty huge indoor place with a convoluted lay-out where mobs are much harder, much denser, with dangerous aggro mechanics due to the often cramped space and with several (rare) Bosses that actual drop LOOT THAT IS WORTHWHILE for the player that dares enter them. I.E. Lower Guk in Everquest. Only a fraction of the Everquest populace would actually set foot in them in those early years, but dayum, did we oogle the stuff those daredevils would bring back from them. Most of us preferred to "camp" some Outdoors rare Boss who would also drop some nifty loot.

But XP(that meant something back then) used to be great in a dungeon (with a group off course), rewards would be great, excitement would be great, competition for camping spots would be (not so) great and the setback when you wiped and had to retrieve your corpse with everything on it also (not so) great.

With that last part I guess I answered any question as to why we do not see such dungeons anymore. :) In any case, GW2 just does not lend itself to such an elite experience, with the flat powercurve and all. Pity, however I often ask myself, could I warm up for such a MMO again if they would release one now? If GW2 wasn't so darn pretty. ;)

TLDR: Fractals and GW2 dungeons in my opinion are pretty much the same thing, a modern iteration of MMO group-play and nothing like a Dungeon experience back in '99.

@"Tyncale.1629" said:I never really considered GW2 dungeons to be what I consider a real MMO Dungeon: a pretty huge indoor place with a convoluted lay-out where mobs are much harder, much denser, with dangerous aggro mechanics due to the often cramped space and with several (rare) Bosses that actual drop LOOT THAT IS WORTHWHILE for the player that dares enter them. I.E. Lower Guk in Everquest. Only a fraction of the Everquest populace would actually set foot in them in those early years, but kitten, did we oogle the stuff those daredevils would bring back from them. Most of us preferred to "camp" some Outdoors rare Boss who would also drop some nifty loot.

But XP(that meant something back then) used to be great in a dungeon (with a group off course), rewards would be great, excitement would be great, competition for camping spots would be (not so) great and the setback when you wiped and had to retrieve your corpse with everything on it also (not so) great.

With that last part I guess I answered any question as to why we do not see such dungeons anymore. :) In any case, GW2 just does not lend itself to such an elite experience, with the flat powercurve and all. Pity, however I often ask myself, could I warm up for such a MMO again if they would release one now? If GW2 wasn't so darn pretty. ;)

The problem with other mmo dungeons is the level cap increase. Imagine playing 3 man, 6 man dungeons and raids for the current expansion, having a great time but they're only available for a year before the next expansion comes out. Those dungeons are now obsolete, mobs are 10 levels lower, give worthless low level loot and no one plays them anymore. That is the real definition of "abandoned content". GW2 dungeons are far from it.

Uff, okay mr. right

• How others would write here. Can you give me statistics on this? Because you are the one who claims that dungeons are played more actively than fractals. And that's why you can probably prove that.

• In what way do dungeons outnumber fractals?Just because there are one or two more of something doesn't automatically mean that something is better or worse. Or is that your mindset?Dungeons are also a thousand times more buggy than fractals, which even solo runners take advantage of to exploit them.

I find that very hard to believe for the simple fact that you got so easily triggered when people mentioned dungeons are better than fractals and more active. You can't seem to grasp it. I suggest you give it a try. Because so far you sound like that meme "Wait, you guys are having fun?

• Who came up with the nostalgia club and said rock hard that dungeons are better just because you are too bad for fractals? Who sounded like an old man who said everything was better in the past?That triggered me in the sense that you are someone who can't just say that this is not my content because I don't find it fun to learn. But someone who makes something bad just because you are bad in this content (and I don't mean that in a negative way. Everybody has things where he is better or worse)

• You might have more fun if you didn't just play with Randoms. In contrast to dungeons, some fractals require a little skill. Which you often can't take for granted with Ranomds.But this is of course just a guess of mine, which seems to have triggered you ;).

Happy :D?

@"choon.6308" said:The problem with other mmo dungeons is the level cap increase. Imagine playing 3 man, 6 man dungeons and raids for the current expansion, having a great time but they're only available for a year before the next expansion comes out. Those dungeons are now obsolete, mobs are 10 levels lower, give worthless low level loot and no one plays them anymore. That is the real definition of "abandoned content". GW2 dungeons are far from it.dungeons a strong valid content o get gold 50-60 g per /h whit pro party (not for evryone)it is valid content for long long time, when you do legendary weaponsit is IDEAL content for new players, who come each week.so it is good and nice content and don't need any changes.

To be honest, for slackers like me, I loved the fact that I could finally enter some of those dungeons after they raised the level cap a few times. No matter that the loot in that dungeon now would be surpassed by loot that you could easily get in the expansions. I loved solo bottom feeding in Guk once I could go there as a level 65, and some loot actually was still nice to get since it had value as twink gear for Alts. I hear you though, I have embraced the level-scaling in GW2 as a good thing and made my peace with the flat powercurve. I also agree that GW2 does the absolute BEST job of keeping most of the zones in the game in the loop through collections, achievements, new recipes and other new content that funnels you through old zones. Not sure why people keep complaining about that, do not know of another MMO that does the job so well.

I hope Anet manages to crank out some more "horizontal" leveling through Masteries in the future, though the useless Masteries in most of the LW episodes are not a good omen. The Mount masteries however are great, they really add to the gameplay, imo.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:The fact that you tell btw that fractals lacks story just shows how little you know about GW2.

so where is this story ingame-acquirable? the connection to the game? aetherblades had their story removed, it's no longer there, now there are aetherblades fractals and they don't restore any missing connection, they just float in thin air. solid ocean is just a bunch of jade scattered around with mobs on it that only exist in that fractal. no explanation. no connection.fractals show something happening and offer some very loose dots to connect but nothing that even remotely justifies their existence in the game's context. and even that doesn't apply to all of them.how are new players supposed to get into that content? i talk about really getting into it, not just playing stuff because rewards. fractals don't offer that. none of them. some do make some sense after you've seen a bunch of lore elsewhere. others never do unless you use external sources.

dungeons simply make sense. they exist, they have a justification, they offer a little bonus lore to their map.

But it's nice that your opinion seems to be above all others and not only consists of the fact that you are someone who is probably floating in nostalgia and can't let go :)

where did i put my opinion above others?how do you get the impression i float in nostalgia? wouldn't a person floating in nostalgia embrace all the LS1 fractals? i hate them. they're leftovers that nobody ever put back into the game. they're just there for being there because obviously making new fractals is too much work as we still haven't gotten 25 fractals. same as we still only have 2 wvw maps. unfilled slots everywhere.

@"Tyncale.1629" said:To be honest, for slackers like me, I loved the fact that I could finally enter some of those dungeons after they raised the level cap a few times. No matter that the loot in that dungeon now would be surpassed by loot that you could easily get in the expansions. I loved solo bottom feeding in Guk once I could go there as a level 65, and some loot actually was still nice to get since it had value as twink gear for Alts. I hear you though, I have embraced the level-scaling in GW2 as a good thing and made my peace with the flat powercurve. I also agree that GW2 does the absolute BEST job of keeping most of the zones in the game in the loop through collections, achievements, new recipes and other new content that funnels you through old zones. Not sure why people keep complaining about that, do not know of another MMO that does the job so well.

I hope Anet manages to crank out some more "horizontal" leveling through Masteries in the future, though the useless Masteries in most of the LW episodes are not a good omen. The Mount masteries however are great, they really add to the gameplay, imo.

The loot is currently not so bad, even today. Especially the reward track is really nice and you can generate quite a bit of gold with it :).

@"Fuchslein.8639" said:Uff, okay mr. right

• How others would write here. Can you give me statistics on this? Because you are the one who claims that dungeons are played more actively than fractals. And that's why you can probably prove that.

The number of lfg calls on a regular basis. If you want statistics, contact Anet.

Just because there are one or two more of something doesn't automatically mean that something is better or worse. Or is that your mindset?

There are 32 total dungeon paths, that's more than the fractals. Not to mention some fractals are copies of each other. No one said anything about "being better". I see you're still very emotional over this.

Who came up with the nostalgia club and said rock hard that dungeons are better just because you are too bad for fractals? Who sounded like an old man who said everything was better in the past?

Nonsense. Like I said, it's not in the past. Dungeons are still here and played more than fractals.

that dungeons are better just because you are too bad for fractals?

And how did you come to this conclusion, your emotions? How am I "bad" for fractals rofl. I'm simply bored of them even with t4 rewards.

That triggered me in the sense that you are someone who can't just say that this is not my content because I don't find it fun to learn. But someone who makes something bad just because you are bad in this content (and I don't mean that in a negative way. Everybody has things where he is better or worse)

Again, how did you come to this conclusion that I'm "bad" at fractals?

You might have more fun if you didn't just play with Randoms. In contrast to dungeons, some fractals require a little skill. Which you often can't take for granted with Ranomds.

I'm having great fun with randoms. You sound like you're in a closed fractal tryhard club. Elitist, toxic and troll everyone who is not in the group.

I must be bad at fractals simply because I like dungeons better? Nice logic there.

Happy :D?

Yeah happy that you exposed yourself, good job.

How do you know I don't play dungeons? Same question!Sorry, but wtf? You accuse me of doing things you made yourself and you think that I played myself? xDYou can't even confirm your statements ...And here I am actually trying to respond to the discussion. I should have just kept ignoring the meaningless things ...

I personally have fun with both. If you don't have fun with fractals and they trigger you to do them badly, I'm sorry. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...