Let's laugh about things that used to be broken

Shroud.2307

Who remembers Full Counter on PoF release when it would do like, 7k?

Or Reaper's Deathly Chill that caused Chill to deal damage, and more damage to targets below 50% health?

Or Diamond Skin that used to allow Ele's to be immune to Conditions above 90% health.

What other things do you remember that were hilariously busted?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engi's slick shoes used to be broken OP as well

Mesmer (as a whole), it used to be stupidly strong but now it's just...

Cantrips on elementalist used to be very strong, now they are just outclassed (even when traited).

Druid's avatar.

Soulbeast's 4s unblockable effect on Unstoppable Union.

Dragonhunter daze on Piercing light.

Guardian's Glacial heart.

Daredevil's unhindered combatant.

... etc.

that one 5 man mes team abusing distortion share and taking on zergs (was an honor to run into head first and be kilt by em)the mes fall trait one shotting people (death from above)CoR doing 15k on a 4 sec cd (monkey go boom)deadeye doing 50k DJs (no one roams so no one complains)soulbeast doing all manner of one shots (still a thing?)before people knew about burn guard (before purity of purpose)HoT reaper corrupt bombs (long live the boonball now tho)ele lava font (you know it was deserved)ele elite gs rush into wall one shot (never seen but the most hilarious thing when people would walk into it)just after stab nerf (herp derp we gud at killing own gaem)before crit damage nerf (10k life blast on uplevels lel)necro plague form (never forgive)the first time dhuumfire came onto the scene (the panic lol)necro life blast heal gm trait that lasted a month (never forgive)water field blast unlimited targets (combo field relevancy rip)red guard and organized guilds vs blobs (back when coordination mattered)pre fb nerfs (shattered aegis R I P, f3 50s cd loller)chrono boonshare (can't nerf our pve overlords)rev ventari 13k burst heal 3 sec cd (no aoe no gud cuz bad at le stacks)

For a short time mesmer's chaos armor was blinding when hit and the mesmer had a trait that applied confusion on blind... It used to be epic, thiefs were killing themselves so fast... I loved this trait, not for the WvW combo thought, it had synergy with the glamor trait that made glamor blind on use.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:necro plague form (never forgive)necro life blast heal gm trait that lasted a month (never forgive)

I wouldn't say that those were "OP".Spectral armor and Spectral walk when struck LF gen without ICD while in and out of shroud, thought... That was worth a good laugh!

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:necro plague form (never forgive)necro life blast heal gm trait that lasted a month (never forgive)

I wouldn't say that those were "OP".
Spectral armor
and
Spectral walk
when struck LF gen without ICD while in and out of shroud, thought... That was worth a good laugh!

no i'm just salty they're gone

Deadeye at pof release. 4 second stealth on dodge, mark stacked multipliers over time, then a 50k death's judgement, that instant killed me in a full reaper shroud bypassing the life force and the health pool at once (the hit that kicks you out of shroud does not have 50% reduced damage).

In general fighting deadeyes after pof release was like "if he lands one hit, it's over". Of course the deadeye had 20k hp due to valkyre gear, was immune to reveal and so was almost impossible to kill.

The second place goes to pof release condi mirage and its endless clone and evasion spam. That was a prime example about community incompetence. Everyone at pof release said mirage sucks and is the worst pof spec because you don't move anymore at dodging. It took weeks before people figured out how many broken synergies mirage cloak has.

There was a lot of cheese in this game. But these 2 were the worst, because the builds carried players on another level. For example trailblazer condi reaper was 100% broken at melee range. Getting close to it was a death sentence (30 bleeds, 7 cover conditions, applied in less than 2 seconds), but like for any other overpowered build except deadeye and condi mirage there was at least one counter to it (ranged burst in this case).

At the moment there are still overpowered things, but most (not all) of these are bunkers that can be disengaged from, which is at least better than inevitably getting killed.

Almost every new spec after PoF release was busted and needed some serious work lol. Power creep was real. Post PoF I would add

• literally immortal Gyro Scrapper after the rework
  • Soulbeast spamming five-digit dmg numbers
  • S/D Condi Daredevil was as busted as toxic
  • P/D Condi Teef after Shadow Arts rework
  • maybe Fire Weaver
  • and Firebrand for Aegis spam until recently.

@Clownmug.8357 said:Rev's old sword #5 (Grasping Shadows) had a bug to pull your target rather than the thing you hit on activation. It worked from infinite range so you could do funny stuff like hitting an ambient creature then pulling unaware players off of walls.

Ugh, I remember falling victim to that and sitting at my keyboard in disbelief, jaw hanging open ?