nerf Litany of Wrath

Eugchriss.2046

Why the hell does it have 6s duration? like if you do the math, you only need to maintain ~2k dps to reach the high end of average healing skills which is 6000. Not hard on a class based on aoe. If traited, it's effective cooldown is only 18s for skill wich is only surpassed by infuse light.Anet should reduce it to 3s.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:Why the hell does it have 6s duration? like if you do the math, you only need to maintain ~2k dps to reach the high end of average healing skills which is 6000. Not hard on a class based on aoe. If traited, it's effective cooldown is only 18s for skill wich is only surpassed by infuse light.Anet should reduce it to 3s.

In PvP it's 30s untraited, 24s traited.

And it's already the worst guardian heal, Shelter, FB Mantra, DH Trap are all superior. Even signet would be better untraited, although I guess traits do make LoW better.

The reason? Because if you're not in a position to burst into someone's face, then you're basically playing without a healing skill. It's incredibly easy for an enemy to see that come up and leap away or pop stealth or throw up a block, and deny you all healing.

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Tbh I'm surprised you didnt mention https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blood_Reckoning as well.

warriors are already in such a bad spot in terms of sustain if you dont run tactic ... when ever i see a dps warrior im so happy they still exist.. do you really want to delete warriors? while this healing skill can be really good.. its not a bad thing for an underpeforming class to have a very good skill that make it still playable..

and no i dont play berzeker .. but if you complain about a skill like this .. herald healing skill is even stronger.. however herald in its self is far from being op or deserving a nerf

@noiwk.2760 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Tbh I'm surprised you didnt mention
as well.

warriors are already in such a bad spot in terms of sustain if you dont run tactic ... when ever i see a dps warrior im so happy they still exist.. do you really want to delete warriors? while this healing skill can be really good.. its not a bad thing for an underpeforming class to have a very good skill that make it still playable..

and no i dont play berzeker .. but if you complain about a skill like this .. herald healing skill is even stronger.. however herald in its self is far from being op or deserving a nerf

I suppose thats one for the r/Whooosh books. I was just pointing out that they picked on one classes skill without looking at all classes skills that do the same thing, if one is changed the other should be changed as well. I wasnt actually suggesting that either should be changed, at no point did I even say it.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@Exedore.6320 said:The bigger problem is Monk's focus which is too stacked and inflates the base healing value of Litany of Wrath.

Sure...let's gut the last trait where healing actually SCALES. Do you want this trait to receive Mantra of Solace treatment? The base heal has been already nerfed. Enough.

Didn't they tell you? You're only allowed to run Mantra of Solace with Pure of Heart.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Exedore.6320 said:The bigger problem is Monk's focus which is too stacked and inflates the base healing value of Litany of Wrath.

Sure...let's gut the last trait where healing actually SCALES. Do you want this trait to receive Mantra of Solace treatment? The base heal has been already nerfed. Enough.

Didn't they tell you? You're only allowed to run Mantra of Solace with Pure of Heart.

Yeah....if only PoH's scaling wasn't butchered as well. Honour is a useless traitline now.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Tbh I'm surprised you didnt mention
as well.

I suppose thats one for the r/Whooosh books. I was just pointing out that they picked on one classes skill without looking at all classes skills that do the same thing, if one is changed the other should be changed as well. I wasnt actually suggesting that either should be changed, at no point did I even say it.

i dont really see any of the two as a problem.. i think the balance got bigger issue than a healing skill..so i dont say either should be nerfed ! but generally i disagree with the idea that if 1 is nerfed the other should aswell. !because these are entirely different classes with different kits ! and guardian can not be compared to wariror at the moment. !we already saw what happens when Anet make too general changes right? in the 33% damage reduce update ...all cc = 0 damage basically killed warrior because it was general change for all classes and not for each class individualand nerfing all might application on all classes and all sustain..basically warrior sustain was might makes right and now this is all wrong.. because of general changes nerfing both the might aplication and the regen on the trait its selfand nerfing healing signet along with other signets around the game..changes shouldnt be general for all classes but rather looked into the class its self with that said.. i doubt this is the skill that make issues with guard.

@"Eugchriss.2046" said:Why the hell does it have 6s duration? like if you do the math, you only need to maintain ~2k dps to reach the high end of average healing skills which is 6000. Not hard on a class based on aoe. If traited, it's effective cooldown is only 18s for skill wich is only surpassed by infuse light.Anet should reduce it to 3s.

This is funny. The signet heal is bad, really bad. Shelter is mostly useless since most of classes have access to unblockables, and oftenly they can mix unblockable+ interrupt. Purification is garbage tier and Mantra of Solace was nerfed so bad that you need a whole traitline and 1000 healing power just to make that poor thing to heal "normally", which at the end did deleted the Firebrand from the meta, because does no damage, provides limited support and is not tanky at all. An now you want to nerf a heal which demands to inflict damage (and this game has tons of ways to avoid damage) in order to provide a decent heal.

Listen: the reason you think that Litany heals so much is due two reasons: the base HP of Guardians is low, and you're not doing your job avoiding the damage. Just that.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

That is the problem. Why should a heal require two trait lines to work?

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Eugchriss.2046 said:Why the hell does it have 6s duration? like if you do the math, you only need to maintain ~2k dps to reach the high end of average healing skills which is 6000. Not hard on a class based on aoe. If traited, it's effective cooldown is only 18s for skill wich is only surpassed by infuse light.Anet should reduce it to 3s.

In PvP it's 30s untraited, 24s traited.

And it's already the worst guardian heal, Shelter, FB Mantra, DH Trap are all superior. Even signet would be better untraited, although I guess traits do make LoW better.

The reason? Because if you're not in a position to burst into someone's face, then you're basically playing without a healing skill. It's incredibly easy for an enemy to see that come up and leap away or pop stealth or throw up a block, and deny you all healing.

I strongly disagree, but I have been out of the sPvP for a while. When core guardian dps was meta (not the trash, troll symbol spam), LoW was the strongest heal. All the builds that use LoW were nerfed to obsolescence. The heal is good if you can deal damage and have good access to stability. Neither is available in sPvP.