What if problem Elite Specs got disabled in WvW?

Gerick.2968

Players routinely misunderstand what balance is in PvP. Balance in the meta means access to meta builds and the ability to counter those builds. Players have access to all the current meta unlike other games where a lot of it is so gear/time dependent only certain players have access to certain builds. There are also counters for virtually every build in WvW. The meta in GW2 remains in a near constant state of balance because of its design. Just because a player chooses to ignore the meta and play something else doesn't make the game unbalanced.

What people generally complain about is fairness or equality. Fairness that their class doesn't perform in XYZ scenario as well as others or that some meta isn't equal to others such as condition damage vs power. Different builds and classes aren't meant to perform well in every scenario. I don't take a thief into a zerg fight and call it unbalanced. As for something like condition meta vs power meta, there will always be some top dog build, class, damage, etc. It is inevitable. If they removed condi from the game, players would complain about some other XYZ thing being trash and unfair.

If you are getting your kitten kicked by XYZ, counter it or use it but don't bring a knife to a gun fight and cry balance.

@Gerick.2968 said:So what if Anet just straight up disabled Firebrand, Scourge and Herald in WvW till they found a solution to properly balance the classes. Also would probably have to revert bubbles to stationary. Would be a quick easy solution to make the game mode interesting again.

I main Mirage, always enjoyed playing mesmer sense GW1 days. My main reason for playing the class is more lore related than performance. I play mirage in every mode offered, even in ones where the general pop thinks Chrono is a much better option in. I'm not in top 100 anything, yet i still enjoy myself in PVE, Solo, WvW and PVP. Sometimes I get stomped, sometimes I do the stomping. Anyways, find a build that you enjoy forget those crappy build websites that try to tell you how to play the game. Play around, trow some random spells that you never used before in your hotbar. Shoot, you might even surprise people. Everyone is so used to seeing the same builds run by everyone that when you come out with that weird build you might end up wrecking. Anet is clearly not doing there job, so we either we play what we got or dont play it at all. Hopefully with the next Exp. coming out we get some changes, fingers crossed.

@Straegen.2938 said:Players routinely misunderstand what balance is in PvP. Balance in the meta means access to meta builds and the ability to counter those builds. Players have access to all the current meta unlike other games where a lot of it is so gear/time dependent only certain players have access to certain builds. There are also counters for virtually every build in WvW. The meta in GW2 remains in a near constant state of balance because of its design. Just because a player chooses to ignore the meta and play something else doesn't make the game unbalanced.

What people generally complain about is fairness or equality. Fairness that their class doesn't perform in XYZ scenario as well as others or that some meta isn't equal to others such as condition damage vs power. Different builds and classes aren't meant to perform well in every scenario. I don't take a thief into a zerg fight and call it unbalanced. As for something like condition meta vs power meta, there will always be some top dog build, class, damage, etc. It is inevitable. If they removed condi from the game, players would complain about some other XYZ thing being trash and unfair.

If you are getting your kitten kicked by XYZ, counter it or use it but don't bring a knife to a gun fight and cry balance.

this right here, hits the nail right on the head.

@archmagus.7249 said:

@"Gerick.2968" said:So what if Anet just straight up disabled Firebrand, Scourge and Herald in WvW till they found a solution to properly balance the classes. Also would probably have to revert bubbles to stationary. Would be a quick easy solution to make the game mode interesting again.

Hmmm, you seem to have the wrong elites listed. Anet needs to remove Deadeye, Soulbeast, and Weaver. Also Scrapper needs to go.

What are you talking about scrapper needs to go? We lost our elite toolbelt skill to a lightning field you can turn into a glorified stun grenade. And if you use it to res /stomp more than one player, you get penalized with a longer cooldown.

You miss the message. Everyone have different opinions on what they think is op in the game, and it's always whatever they lose against. Its always a case of "nerf this so I can be gud". I just picked a couple of classes randomly to show this.

@Gerick.2968 said:WvW till they found a solution to properly balance the classes.at first we don't need any proper balance at wvw. Now you can take any build and get fun.second - probably we need boost elite spec more to get motivate some people buy expansion or cut them from our good community. Hope EoD give more power for exp owners vs who not have it

• 3 weeks later...

@Deniara Devious.3948 said:At least give us a special core only week. No elite specs at all.

I can already guess core guardian, thief and necromancer would be popular.

Poor core elementalist and core engineer.

Ele would still run in Zergs. It can still provide a decent amount of damage or healing.

Wouldn’t be quite as common as tempest and weaver are now, but it would run.

@Deniara Devious.3948 said:At least give us a special core only week. No elite specs at all.

Honestly, core ele and core engi are only really seen as bad because a combination of their elite specs and utility on other classes make them redundant (why run 4 kit engi to blast fields when holo and scrapper give you the same utility on a single button, and why run staff ele for water fields when firebrand heals exist etc etc). If you remove elite specs then those specs are suddenly a lot more useful than you'd think.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

At least give us a special core only week. No elite specs at all.

Honestly, core ele and core engi are only really seen as bad because a combination of their elite specs and utility on other classes make them redundant (why run 4 kit engi to blast fields when holo and scrapper give you the same utility on a single button, and why run staff ele for water fields when firebrand heals exist etc etc). If you remove elite specs then those specs are suddenly a lot more useful than you'd think.
Tosses moa and run away laughing

I can fight anything on my core engie except a much better player. The class matters little.

all these mentioned in the OP are only a problem for noobs, which have absolutely no clue how to play anything but pirateship.most people just lack even a basic understanding of the classes, and wonder that they cannot fight them at all.

anet's balancing isn't going anywhere, they only make good stuff (which defines a metagame basically as the upper class) worse, so every trashy sniper class gets better in relation to it... and this is what some salty pepes want, most of the players of the Wvw-format do not want that though.

like what was in the last streams? anet thinking of making herald even worse... after like removing 60% skills that do damage from the specs... it is only a damagedealer for AOE, absolutely no reason to doctor around that. fix the shitty smallscale condirev thingy would be the way to improve something, just fixing condi or smallscale seemingly never will ever happen in this game i guess.