Let's laugh about things that used to be broken

Shroud.2307

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Widmo.3186 said:Basically all PoF specs used to be, still are, or became after certain patch - broken. ANet has no idea how to balance it, and I dont even want to imagine whats gonna happen after next expansion

Maybe Mesmer gets an elite spec that stacks 3 seconds of Invulnerability every time they dodge and refills Endurance when Invulnerability ends.

Or maybe Warrior gets a trait that increases their attack speed and movement speed by 100% every time they crit.

Seem like things ANet might do.

CMC referred to that overpowered on release thing in the podcast interview a few days ago. He said a spec being too strong on release will result in people trying and messing around with it, which is "good" as the new content will actually be played and for playtime statistics for further balancing. He prefers that over a too weak spec, that nobody plays at release.

So we know what will happen, when the next expac releases...

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Widmo.3186 said:Basically all PoF specs used to be, still are, or became after certain patch - broken. ANet has no idea how to balance it, and I dont even want to imagine whats gonna happen after next expansion

Maybe Mesmer gets an elite spec that stacks 3 seconds of Invulnerability every time they dodge and refills Endurance when Invulnerability ends.

Or maybe Warrior gets a trait that increases their attack speed and movement speed by 100% every time they crit.

Or maybe Necro gets more fat aoe skills to blanket the screen.

@Justine.6351 said:

And nerf Rev hammer more \o/

And nerf Rev hammer more \o/

Its ok I don't play that anymore. B)

Tripping on stairs and breaking my neck, resulting in instant death.

Asura summoning golems to open gates in mere seconds.

Summoning ice bow as ele and decimate a zerg.

Taking 20k dmg from meteorshower with 3.5k armor.

Taking 17 dmg from meteorshower in dmg reduction meta.

Also, i miss blasting waterfields as primary healing source and flaming ppl who threw a lightfield into it.

@"KrHome.1920" said:CMC referred to that overpowered on release thing in the podcast interview a few days ago. He said a spec being too strong on release will result in people trying and messing around with it, which is "good" as the new content will actually be played and for playtime statistics for further balancing. He prefers that over a too weak spec, that nobody plays at release.

I think most people knew that was gonna happen. ANET not even bothering to pretend new specs will not be overpowered. LOL that's a new low point.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:CMC referred to that overpowered on release thing in the podcast interview a few days ago. He said a spec being too strong on release will result in people trying and messing around with it, which is "good" as the new content will actually be played and for playtime statistics for further balancing. He prefers that over a too weak spec, that nobody plays at release.

I think most people knew that was gonna happen. ANET not even bothering to pretend new specs will not be overpowered. LOL that's a new low point.

Well, maybe it's the new transparency stuff they been talking about... Not like they've been subtle with the previous power creep marketing

If that is true, sigh. I would be more okay with this philosophy if they actually targeted the nerfs at the elite specs, but history will repeat itself and we will rinse and repeat through the same BS, and the same overperforming specs will remain such for the majority of the expac. PoF was enough to swear me off of PvP for good. Couldn't even bear finishing the first season after it dropped because of how horrendous balance was. Seeing how specs like core Engi and core Mes get butchered because of Holo and Mirage makes me worry for the future of other classes.

I am excited for new e-specs simply because it is new content, but I was hoping CMC would be the voice of reason to help keep the e-specs more in check. We will see I guess. I'm still a little foolishly optimistic.

The original Revenant.2 second CD on CoR, each of the 3 damage areas could hit 5 targets so it hit 15 people, Cruel Repurcussuon doing 50% more damage if one of those 15 were blocked.

Results = Some unlucky soul ate a 30k+ attack and just ceased to exist.

Precision Strike tracked stealth.600 range Unrelenting Assault that hit 7 times, and when it was reduced to 5 hits the confusion bug happened where it made confusion tick 6 times as if you hit 6 skills every time you used it.No CD, 20 energy Phase Traversal.50 endurance regen Riposting Shadows.No lost dagger charges on Shiro heal attacks missing.Reviving someone made them/you get Infuse Light.SotM could almost 1 shot someone on the perfect setup.Equilibrium existed.Ventari healing for 14k with Natural Harmony. Stacking 30 seconds of resistance with out of combat Fast Swap Mallyx Pain Absorption spam.

Good times.