pve legendary armor question

weaponwh.9810

Following the explanation of Rodrick, the general recommendation given is to pick a different armor weight for Envoy collection 1 than 2.

The reason here being, it is valuable to have a full ascended set for a different weight than the first legendary armor will be (given this one can be traded around if desired). This is double useful for players who are not yet swimming in ascended gear.

On that note, it is of VITAL importance to be careful when selecting the ascended set from the 2nd Envoy collection. This one is your "free" precursor set. Also very important: do NOT reforge this ascended set in the mystic forge via ascended stat changing because this will remove it's precursor functionality (reforging items destroys the old item and creates a new one, thus changing a precursor into a regular ascended item).

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Following the explanation of Rodrick, the general recommendation given is to pick a different armor weight for Envoy collection 1 than 2.

The reason here being, it is valuable to have a full ascended set for a different weight than the first legendary armor will be (given this one can be traded around if desired). This is double useful for players who are not yet swimming in ascended gear.

On that note, it is of VITAL importance to be careful when selecting the ascended set from the 2nd Envoy collection. This one is your "free" precursor set. Also very important: do NOT reforge this ascended set in the mystic forge via ascended stat changing because this will remove it's precursor functionality (reforging items destroys the old item and creates a new one, thus changing a precursor into a regular ascended item).

ok thanks so the 1st envoy, i can choose any weight class, but the 2nd envoy i need to choose the weight class same as my legendary weight class? as for the 2nd set, i still can choose any stat, as long i dont use mystic forge?

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Following the explanation of Rodrick, the general recommendation given is to pick a different armor weight for Envoy collection 1 than 2.

On that note, it is of VITAL importance to
be careful when selecting the ascended set from the 2nd Envoy collection
. This one is your "free" precursor set. Also very important:
do NOT reforge this ascended set
in the mystic forge via ascended stat changing because this will remove it's precursor functionality (reforging items destroys the old item and creates a new one, thus changing a precursor into a regular ascended item).

ok thanks so the 1st envoy, i can choose any weight class, but the 2nd envoy i need to choose the weight class same as my legendary weight class? as for the 2nd set, i still can choose any stat, as long i dont use mystic forge?

Yes and Yes

@weaponwh.9810 said:

On that note, it is of VITAL importance to
be careful when selecting the ascended set from the 2nd Envoy collection
. This one is your "free" precursor set. Also very important:
do NOT reforge this ascended set
in the mystic forge via ascended stat changing because this will remove it's precursor functionality (reforging items destroys the old item and creates a new one, thus changing a precursor into a regular ascended item).

yes and no. when unlocking 2nd precursor armor you also unlock receips to craft any weight.

so you can choose heavy and craft the light one to make legy armor ( its 150LI more costy though). l

you can pick any stats on legy precursor and modify stats un mystic forge but you loose the precursor bit making it a common ascended armor so i don't recommand swaping stats with mystic forge :#