Earthquakes in game?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Really? I've always had 'camera shake' on, and environment sounds up, and I've yet to encounter an 'earthquake'.

I have, on the other hand, encountered the 'shaking' in Jumping Puzzles, and the big 'quake' at Megadestroyer each time.

I know, right? Some friends and I have been asking around in-game. Of the people who gave us real answers, some claim to have experienced them as early as during the Halloween festival, others haven't experienced any at all - even with extended gameplay. Here's a link to a video clip of one of them - you can see how subtle and brief they are even with effects turned on.

Can only imagine they intended for players to experience them out in the world before the Bangar dialogue (which is how I found out about them and why the dialogue was so confusing for me). Unclear if they only 'unlock' for an account after meeting certain criteria or if they're just out there for anyone to find or how frequently they occur.

It is a mystery.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Apparently these have been in the game for a while and people are only just now starting to notice them because so many of us have camera shake turned off or certain sound sliders set low due to noise pollution in the game. Whoops.

Might have been an improvement to have Taimi buzz the Commander on their communicator whenever a quake hit, just to make sure the seismic activity was noticed, even if it was just a quick 'did anyone else feel that?'

Yeah, if you need to have camera shake and sound on then I'm highly unlikely to notice them. I think turning camera shake off was one of the first things I did after getting the game, and I often play with the sound off. Even when I'm able to have it on there's usually other noise in real life, and because I have it off so much a lot of unfamiliar sounds in the game too so I probably wouldn't think anything of it.

It's a shame, I like finding these little additions and links between episodes, but this one sounds like it would be highly impractical for me to go looking for. I don't really fancy playing with camera shake on, and can't play with the sound on all the time, but trying to find an earthquake seems impractical. :(