Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

^ This. Unplayable since yesterday. When there's only a few players around it was still manageable with 300-700 ms ping. But totally unplayable at all during world boss where there's a large group of people. Reached the map early but then could not even tag the boss. Ping shot up to 1k-4k ms. Was totally fine the days before yesterday and everything went downhill abruptly since yesterday.

I don't have any error codes but the game is unplayable on a few maps and I'm completly sure it's not my computer or ISP's fault, I've done a lot of speed tests and tried others online games my speed is extremely good and super fast, and the lag only occur on a few maps for example I tried doing missions in Desert Highlands and the map is extremely laggy however when I going to other maps in Tyria like Gendarran Fields , Mount Maelstrom, Dry Top etc ... I have no problem, zero lag.

I think the problem is elsewhere, for example they never shutdown the servers for a few hours to do some maintenance, when a patch is coming it download in the background while you playing and ask you to restart the game to apply the patch but that's all, I would like some true weekly maintenance where you can't play for a few hours to reset some maps and fix some issues, currently few maps on Path of Fire are unplayable I have 5 - 7 sec of delays... the rest work fine.

@Lydhe.4507 said:I think the problem is elsewhere, for example they never shutdown the servers for a few hours to do some maintenance, when a patch is coming it download in the background while you playing and ask you to restart the game to apply the patch but that's all, I would like some true weekly maintenance where you can't play for a few hours to reset some maps and fix some issues, currently few maps on Path of Fire are unplayable I have 5 - 7 sec of delays... the rest work fine.

They do it by rotating servers. Actually shutting down is due to old systems / to save money.

@Lydhe.4507 said:I don't have any error codes but the game is unplayable on a few maps and I'm completly sure it's not my computer or ISP's fault, I've done a lot of speed tests and tried others online games my speed is extremely good and super fast, and the lag only occur on a few maps for example I tried doing missions in Desert Highlands and the map is extremely laggy however when I going to other maps in Tyria like Gendarran Fields , Mount Maelstrom, Dry Top etc ... I have no problem, zero lag.

I think the problem is elsewhere, for example they never shutdown the servers for a few hours to do some maintenance, when a patch is coming it download in the background while you playing and ask you to restart the game to apply the patch but that's all, I would like some true weekly maintenance where you can't play for a few hours to reset some maps and fix some issues, currently few maps on Path of Fire are unplayable I have 5 - 7 sec of delays... the rest work fine.

I am having the exact thing for a few days right now - for some maps it is being quite okay, but for some it is simply unplayable :/

Last couple days have probably been the craziest ones I have ever experienced in this game - not only the fact I am working on unlocking skyscale (which alone is bonkers enough to do), so the lags in LS4 zones is like another obstacle to breakthrough, but also the mentioned 7:11 disconnects have been pretty much random in any map I enter. One day it can be totally fine and one day it is totally atrocious. Today I have seen for the very first time something I called "Dc-combo" - a series of disconnects like 3 or more times in a row. I tried to check whether it is my internet, but (as always with these problems) my net is running as intended. I feel like I am gonna end up with either a serious mental breakdown due to the crappy performance of the game, or a tremendous burnout combined with the willingness to unlock the damm mount. Whichever scenario happens I probably won't enter this game for a good 6 months :D

I have the same problem since the last Gw2 update, initially thought it was a service provider problem but after checking (winMTR, speedtest, port blocking on the router) everything is fine other games (mmo, online) are working fine this morning doing the Drizzlewood map , I had terrible skilllags (30-2mins), I went back to the pvp lobby the game seemed to be working well but when I joined the pvp match the skill lags came back the whole match I was standing still when my team was losing ..

best regards V

Having the same issues since the last patch. Set ports and have done all the resets to router as well. Made sure updates were all installed and the like. Nothing. Same problems in PVP and story missions. Annoying would be an understatement. And they plan on people buying the next expansion? Not if they cant finish the content they currently have.

Dear ArenaNet, please give us some good news about the connectivity issue on most of us. Thank you

Seriously, unplayable for the past days... It is so frustrating 'fun and challenging' seeing every mobs are flying around hitting you, and died defenselessly for unknown justifications. I am tired of this :/

Been having severed lags in POF maps since last month. Lags also occurring in story instance. Making it impossible for me to fight the series bosses in the story instance "Hallowed Ground" in Desert Highlands. Even when I did got to the end of the last boss fight, was immediately kicked out from the instance after killing final boss. I tried to complete the story several time, at this moment I just had to give up. These spiked of lags occurred in all Path of Fire maps, most prominent in Desert Highlands, Elon Riverland and The Desolation.

When I ran Hero Points Train in HOT & POF maps, almost all my squad members said they're experiencing the same severed lag issue in POF maps.

Anet please do something about this issue.

It appears this was reported in August, they acknowledged it with a post and then updated that post in October. I'm also having this same problem though, doing story or world quests in PoF areas gives me random ping spikes over 1000ms, when I run speed tests on my end I'm getting 17ms ping and 570mb down, so, it's definitely an issue on the server end OR how my end is communicating with their servers.

Here's the link to their forum post from August, it doesn't really help much but it may be worth bookmarking so you can refer back to it, whenever it gets updated again I guess.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111982/an-update-on-game-performance-issues#latest

• 2 weeks later...