WvW guards and walls models are outdated and boring

Riba.3271

Yep. Keep objectives as it is but make the walls look cooler, add more graphics for different percentages of damaged walls.

Update guards from base skins possibly to something thematic. Make lords bigger, and maybe less humanoid model, so people can click them easier for HP and tell apart from players. My opinion is that the skills can stay the same and simple but things like lord horn should have better tells. Maybe make Ogrewatch have actual Ogre models for guards and Quentin Hyleks, etc. But with simple skills, none of that desert bl evade/block pointless stuff. You can also design towers with the races architecture. Skritt architecture tower, or a dredge one with massive gong above lords room that rings whenever the tower flips (EotM flashbacks, heh).

We know there aren't many, if any, WvW devs, but at least the PvE graphic lads should be able to do this for us.

@"Threather.9354" said:Yep. Keep objectives as it is but make the walls look cooler, add more graphics for different percentages of damaged walls.

Update guards from base skins possibly to something thematic. Make lords bigger, and maybe less humanoid model, so people can click them easier for HP and tell apart from players. My opinion is that the skills can stay the same and simple but things like lord horn should have better tells. Maybe make Ogrewatch have actual Ogre models for guards and Quentin Hyleks, etc. But with simple skills, none of that desert bl evade/block pointless stuff. You can also design towers with the races architecture. Skritt architecture tower, or a dredge one with massive gong above lords room that rings whenever the tower flips (EotM flashbacks, heh).

We know there aren't many, if any, WvW devs, but at least the PvE graphic lads should be able to do this for us.

This has been suggested over and over and over and over and over again, it's not going to happen.

There were even suggestions to make money off of it, as it could be a gem store item for guilds. Claim a structure and you could place "decorations" in them. Walls, gates etc etc that are functional remain in the same places, however they would be skinned over with whatever you pick from a type of wardrobe panel but for structures. This could also be done for siege, as custom guild siege has also been requested for just as long.

Again, these would be sold as gem store unlocks, so it would have been something they would have actually made money from. However, it's been some time ago that WvW was abandoned, so I would not count on it.

I would really love for NPCs to get a make over.

Obviously there are lots of things they could do to improve WvW, but in general I'm content with it how it is. I still have fun with it daily and I'm more bothered by certain zerg comps and roaming builds than I am with objectives, upgrades, or anything to do with the actual game mode. But giving the NPCs a new appearance would be a really nice way of refreshing the feel of maps. Of course I don't think it's a needed change, but it would be one of the easiest ones they could do and would do a great deal to reduce the monotony of what WvW has become. There are so many possibilities for changing them too.