Switching to Zen 3?

@Junkpile.7439 said:Sure you probably can get big boost in empty map, but when fps is low even big boost doesn't really help that much. New gpu probably doesn't help at all. My 5700xt clocks won't go over 600mhz when i play gw2. Game just doesn't use gpu at all.

Oh I know a new GPU won't really help things all that much, but I need a new system and have other games where a new GPU will be an advantage, especially as I game at 1440p.

@StanUK.3214 said:Well. That was a cluster-kitten of a GPU launch by AMD. I swear, I've never been in a position to be ready to hand over money for a new PC to find that the CPU and GPUs that I want are nowhere to be seen...

Patience is a virtue. I read somewhere you can still get a hold of prebuilt PCs with their GPUs.And it's not like AMD is any worse than Nvidia.

i have the chip and graphic card sitting here waiting for a few more parts to arrive advantage of working in a small privately owned computer store i was able to order the parts in sadly we were only able to get three CPU's and three cards and all of them sold on the first day and no we did not raise the prices too ethical.

@dusanyu.4057 said:i have the chip and graphic card sitting here waiting for a few more parts to arrive advantage of working in a small privately owned computer store i was able to order the parts in sadly we were only able to get three CPU's and three cards and all of them sold on the first day and no we did not raise the prices too ethical.

This is very good to hear. I have a local supplier for PC parts that I've gone to for years, but they're really taking advantage of demand and have jacked their prices up - won't be using them again, but it's reassuring to hear you guys are being fair to your customers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@"Blimm.5028" said:Running a 5800X now, and it was a pretty massive improvement over my old i7 6700.

Damm, cant wate to get this 5900x running then! only missing the MB and RAM which is coming in 2 days!!

And I am upgrading from a 4770k so it gotta be night and day for me lol

EDIT:Just found this, was uploaded few hours ago and is in spanish(I think) - Everything on high/max and 4k and he got almost constant 100+ in wvw, No giant zerg though, sadly- but theres some 20~ player moments and it dont seem to tank the dps hard. Hes still pushing 3-4 times the fps I do now xD And I am on 1080p with lowest in all settings

Instead of just disappearing after getting my new system, I would just quickly share some of the results. So others dont have to come in here and wonder.

First I would compare old to new system speccs and then difference in fps in different zones.

Old systemMB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII RANGER (socket 1150)CPU: I7 4770k OC'ed a little bit was 4.1 or 4.2RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 16GB 1600mhz 8-8-8-24(XMP) DDR3SSD: multiple, main was samsung 850 evo, had game and windows on this one.GFX: EVGA 980Ti Hybrid Gaming (Still using this in new system as non of the new ones are in stock.)Monitor: 1080p 144hz Benq XL2411T TN 1ms

New systemMB: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFICPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900xRAM: 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz CL14 DDR4SSD: NVMe M.2 Samsung 970 PlusGFX, same as before.Monitor: 1440p 144hz 27" LG UltraGear Nano IPS 1ms

I am still running d3d9 - havn't tried d12pxy yet.Settings is the same except on new system im running medium on amount of players shown and high quality players shown, lowest on both on old system. and ofc the resolution difference.

Old SystemTyria: Anywhere from 10 to 40PvE zones with solo stuff or very few people in range 40 - 100 Very unstable, usually as soon as I engage fighting it would go down to 40ishWvW No blob in sight: 40 - 100WvW Blob in sight: 15 - 40WvW Blob fight 10-15Metas 10-15

New SystemTyria: So far I have not been below 100fps++PvE zones with solo stuff or very few people in range: around 250 when fighting and all the way up to 400 when just going aroundWvW No blob in sight: around 160 - 200WvW Blob in sight: 120ishWvW Blob fight: 80 - 120Meta: 120ish sometimes higher and sometimes lower. It really depend more on the zone here.

I am sad that I didnt check all this with 0.1 FPS LOW cause I can tell for sure my old system had stutter problems, moments were it could drop to 0-1FPS and give these very short total freezes/Stutter - This is completely gone with my new system. It is so smooth, I did not expect it to be this huge a bump in performance. 100% worth. As you can see though, system was not really focused on gw2, but still though it was worth to check the difference.

If you're willing to wait (a common trend in this economic climate and supply chain issues) there's supposedly a Ryzen 5600 non-X coming in 2021 for $80 less. It should come around the same time as the code name "Cezanne" mobile chips such as Ryzen 5 5600H ; as far as I know they're "binning" the chips for power leakage such that the leakier ones are 35-45W "H" chips and the lower power ones are the 15W "U" chips. The ones with defective GPU portions could very well be made into desktop chips.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/future-hardware-releases/https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600-non-X-rumored-to-launch-early-2021-for-220.497883.0.htmlhttps://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600U-Processor-Benchmarks-and-Specs.510992.0.html

Because a refined 7nm 6 core chip is able to be harvested from both notebook parts (APUs) and server or workstation chiplets (Threadripper , EPYC Milan) that don't make the cut, if budget is tight I would hold on to your money if in your situation until the new year.There's multiple ways that a 6 core chip can be derived unlike 8+ cores: a defective APU GPU section and one or two bad cores with power leakage, a defective 8 core CCX with a bad core or two (from a chiplet or a mobile part) that has working GPU section (presumably for something like a 5600G to mirror the Ryzen 5 4600G).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...