Imagine having an MMO 8 years old

Rukia.4802

@Raknar.4735 said:

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:You seem to be taking some real hard offense to these points I'm bringing up and I'm not sure its possible to actually have a constructive discussion with you on this if that is the case. I'm fine with having disagreements, but you seem to be almost literally putting words into my mouth and also seem to be completely misunderstanding or misconstruing things I've posted. I apologize if my point of view offends you, but its a bit unnecessary to have this kind of reaction to it where it seems as if you're assuming I'm being completely vitriolic in regards to the game because I share a different point of view.

This from someone that got so offended by me saying that GW2 outlived most of its competition in my original comment that he had to misconstrue my whole argument by putting words into my mouth. Anet really has permanent residency in your head.

I agree we can‘t have a constructive discussion. There‘s no point arguing when you fault Anet for things you personally believe are bad (when the same things literally happen in the same other games you play, yet for some reason it‘s fine there), but don‘t really matter for the game at all. Only a small fraction of the playerbase cares about the game director not being announced. I‘m not even sure if you can call them part of the playerbase, as they‘re not even playing anymore, just being doomers because they can‘t let go. Just face that you aren‘t the target audience, it‘s not that hard. Changing the whole game around to match your personal vision is not something Anet will do. They‘re here to earn money by creating a product that appeals to many, not a singular person. The game is still doing fine and has a future, even if you don‘t want to realize that.

Edit: It‘s actually so funny to see you try to attribute different content to „casual“ play. Your horizontal progression = makes the game more casual argument is still so wrong. What would you call someone like Asmongold? He doesn‘t really play competitively, doesn‘t really speed through content etc., yet he‘s one of the people I‘d actually call „hardcore“, as he created his whole life and career around WoW.Sorry, but I don‘t think consider min/maxxers or people speeding through content „hardcore“. Everyone can follow a guide. The people creating the guide? Those might be the actual hardcore people, the ones doing the number crunching.Most self-proclaimed „hardcore“ players aren‘t hardcore at all. They‘re easy to spot, too.

Alright, well if you can't seem to cease from being vitriolic and have a constructive conversation because you took some apparent extreme offense at me simply, and calmly, pointing out something you said that I felt wasn't entirely accurate. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you continue to enjoy GW2.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:You seem to be taking some real hard offense to these points I'm bringing up and I'm not sure its possible to actually have a constructive discussion with you on this if that is the case. I'm fine with having disagreements, but you seem to be almost literally putting words into my mouth and also seem to be completely misunderstanding or misconstruing things I've posted. I apologize if my point of view offends you, but its a bit unnecessary to have this kind of reaction to it where it seems as if you're assuming I'm being completely vitriolic in regards to the game because I share a different point of view.

This from someone that got so offended by me saying that GW2 outlived most of its competition in my original comment that he had to misconstrue my whole argument by putting words into my mouth. Anet really has permanent residency in your head.

I agree we can‘t have a constructive discussion. There‘s no point arguing when you fault Anet for things you personally believe are bad (when the same things literally happen in the same other games you play, yet for some reason it‘s fine there), but don‘t really matter for the game at all. Only a small fraction of the playerbase cares about the game director not being announced. I‘m not even sure if you can call them part of the playerbase, as they‘re not even playing anymore, just being doomers because they can‘t let go. Just face that you aren‘t the target audience, it‘s not that hard. Changing the whole game around to match your personal vision is not something Anet will do. They‘re here to earn money by creating a product that appeals to many, not a singular person. The game is still doing fine and has a future, even if you don‘t want to realize that.

Edit: It‘s actually so funny to see you try to attribute different content to „casual“ play. Your horizontal progression = makes the game more casual argument is still so wrong. What would you call someone like Asmongold? He doesn‘t really play competitively, doesn‘t really speed through content etc., yet he‘s one of the people I‘d actually call „hardcore“, as he created his whole life and career around WoW.Sorry, but I don‘t think consider min/maxxers or people speeding through content „hardcore“. Everyone can follow a guide. The people creating the guide? Those might be the actual hardcore people, the ones doing the number crunching.Most self-proclaimed „hardcore“ players aren‘t hardcore at all. They‘re easy to spot, too.

Alright, well if you can't seem to cease from being vitriolic and have a constructive conversation because you took some apparent extreme offense at me simply, and calmly, pointing out something you said that I felt wasn't entirely accurate. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/night and that you continue to enjoy GW2.

Call me vitriolic all you want, as unconstructive as that may be, doesn‘t change that GW2 outlived most of its competitors in the 8 years it has been alive ¯\(ツ)/¯Don‘t worry about me, I‘ll enjoy todays update as well as future updates and the expansion next year.Have a nice day.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:uh... gw2 is obviously a pve game. the very damage system is 100% made for grinding down millions of hp, not balanced pvp game play. all the updates and focus is pve. its the most obvious thing in the world.

This guy gets it ... because frankly, it's not too difficult to make a PVP game because good PVP games are all about player ability and not differences in weapons/skills. If PVP was the primary focus here, it WOULD be good because the dissatisfying element for PVP in this game is EXACTLY the differences in weapons/skills.

wait... what. are you agreeing with me on something? its a christmas miracle folks!

@Raknar.4735 said:

Call me vitriolic all you want, as unconstructive as that may be, doesn‘t change that GW2 outlived most of its competitors in the 8 years it has been alive ¯\
(ツ)
/¯Don‘t worry about me, I‘ll enjoy todays update as well as future updates and the expansion next year.Have a nice day.

stating gw2 has outlived "most of its competitors" isn't really correct. i mean, sure, it outlived games like blade and soul or archeage.. but i would not call them real competitors because they weren't even meant to run for a long time. games like those have a lower budget and try to make as much money as possible on release and then are left to die while the studio/publisher rinse and repeat the same formula. out of all its "real" competitors, (WoW, FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar, Runescape? BDO) gw2 really only outlived wildstar which died because of blatant mismanagement and corrupted higher ups. So while yes, gw2 outlived some games, it only really outlived one of its direct competitors as of today.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

Call me vitriolic all you want, as unconstructive as that may be, doesn‘t change that GW2 outlived most of its competitors in the 8 years it has been alive ¯\
(ツ)
/¯Don‘t worry about me, I‘ll enjoy todays update as well as future updates and the expansion next year.Have a nice day.

stating gw2 has outlived "most of its competitors" isn't really correct. i mean, sure, it outlived games like blade and soul or archeage.. but i would not call them real competitors because they weren't even meant to run for a long time. games like those have a lower budget and try to make as much money as possible on release and then are left to die while the studio/publisher rinse and repeat the same formula. out of all its "real" competitors, (WoW, FFXIV, ESO, Wildstar, Runescape? BDO) gw2 really only outlived wildstar which died because of blatant mismanagement and corrupted higher ups. So while yes, gw2 outlived some games, it only really outlived one of its direct competitors as of today.

BnS and AA are still running, so they don't really fit into your description. I also wouldn't call those two low budget games, especially since one even got a whole Anime to promote the game. But if you got a list with the different budget sizes, feel free to share, I'd be interested to see the games compared to each other.

Every MMORPG is a direct competitor, even if you personally don't see it like that. Games like Bless and FireFall still count.

A racer in formula 1 is still a competitor, even if he DNF. Or would you call those ones not "real" competitors?

@Obtena.7952 said:

This game as never focused on PvP.

They focused on it pretty hard when they did the $250.000 tournament.

That's not a development focus ... and that is what is being discussed.

I am aware of what is being discussed... and my point stands.

No it doesn't because we are talking about game development focus ... and your point is about marketing focus.

No, it is not just about development focus, it is also about focus in general.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No it doesn't because we are talking about game development focus ... and your point is about marketing focus.

That doesn't make sense. The comment you were referring to is about how the game is developed. Nothing else.

If you had read the quote I quoted that referred to FOCUS on PvP then maybe it would have made sense to you....

I did read ... I also read the rest of the thread. It's clear that the poster you were replying to was talking about game development and not marketing.

It was clear he was talking about focus...

Yup ... Game development focus on PVE vs. PVP, not marketing. I suggest the next time you don't just chop a single sentence from people's posts to make irrelevant statements.

I suggest you report my post then since you seem to have such an issue with it.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense. The comment you were referring to is about how the game is developed. Nothing else.

If you had read the quote I quoted that referred to FOCUS on PvP then maybe it would have made sense to you....

I did read ... I also read the rest of the thread. It's clear that the poster you were replying to was talking about game development and not marketing.

It was clear he was talking about focus...

Yup ... Game development focus on PVE vs. PVP, not marketing. I suggest the next time you don't just chop a single sentence from people's posts to make irrelevant statements.

I suggest you report my post then since you seem to have such an issue with it.

I don't think that's necessary ... just some correction was in order to make sure there is no misunderstanding or confusion.

You have not corrected me.