New customisation features - an harmless idea.

Silvia.9130

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been literally craving for new character customisation options.It's been some years since the last time we got some new faces and hairstyles (especially if we speak about other races that aren't humans, with all their new faces and hairstyles from PoF - let's close the bracket here.)

Anyhow, I guess that the reason of this is that it's not very convenient to work on (?).My idea would be to sell new customisation features as some kind of account upgrades that can only be bought with money, not gems. That way, those of us who are really wanting more face and hair options (maybe even something new, like piercings) could willingly pay for it without impacting the development of the other aspects of the game.I don't know, maybe I'm just desperate to this extent lolWell, I just hope this idea could be taken into account if enough people would agree. It would bring no harm to players who aren't interested in this and hopefully some earnings to support the game! ❤️

@Silvia.9130 said:So, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been literally craving for new character customisation options.It's been some years since the last time we got some new faces and hairstyles (especially if we speak about other races that aren't humans, with all their new faces and hairstyles from PoF - let's close the bracket here.)

Anyhow, I guess that the reason of this is that it's not very convenient to work on (?).My idea would be to sell new customisation features as some kind of account upgrades that can only be bought with money, not gems. That way, those of us who are really wanting more face and hair options (maybe even something new, like piercings) could willingly pay for it without impacting the development of the other aspects of the game.I don't know, maybe I'm just desperate to this extent lolWell, I just hope this idea could be taken into account if enough people would agree. It would bring no harm to players who aren't interested in this and hopefully some earnings to support the game! ❤️

Id be all in for this!

The good thing about gw2 is that other than the expansions anything else can be bought with ingame currency ( golds to gems ).... alot of players including me really appreciate this but now imagine locking something behind the real money paywall... thats a no no for meBUT ngl new faces and char customizations could be awesome. Im willing to spend gems for it.

@Arcaniaxs.4519 said:The good thing about gw2 is that other than the expansions anything else can be bought with ingame currency ( golds to gems ).... alot of players including me really appreciate this but now imagine locking something behind the real money paywall... thats a no no for meBUT ngl new faces and char customizations could be awesome. Im willing to spend gems for it.

So, better nothing than spend some money from time to time to support the work of the Devs?

Considering Anet would have to change their systems to accommodate this suggestion, it would actually be more work than just adding new choices the normal way. They would have to separate "paid for" gems from "traded for" gems. They would have to filter the makeover/hair kits to either not show the "paid for" options or perhaps gray them out/flag them.

Or add an entirely new system, something like shiny Celestial Gems that can only be acquired for real money, then start offering things only for Celestial Gems.

Doesn't sound so good to me.

Just add more choices, please. I'm afraid we may have to wait for the expansion, though.