CC needs a purge

Ario.8964

CTRL + Z the majority of every PvP patch since Feb 25th and CC would be far less prevalent.

When you have damage, the game becomes actually doing damage. When you don't have damage, it just encourages spamming disruptive skills and locking people down so that you can essentially live forever so long as you aren't way outnumbered.The increased CD on Stunbreaks also didn't do any favors there.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:I'd say that it's less about CC needing a purge than CC counters needing work (We don't need more CC counter, we need better quality of CC counter).

I believe that having tools to interrupt other players is an healthy thing, however I don't think that long cast time CC with long lasting effect are an healthy thing. Stability need to stop being a "CC aegis", it need to reduce CC effects by 100% over a set duration without removing the "interrupt" part of the differents CCs.

ANet's devs really need to understand that being CC locked just isn't "fun".

Use your judgement to tell when they're done/used most CC, akind to how you think about when it's time to clear the peak of conditions.

Those who only rely on so much of it are bound to be countered by Stability users like Conditions gets countered by Resistance.

This is why GW2 will never be a skill-based game: everything comes down to just playing extremely passively while whittling away a target until they can't defend themselves. It's just a numbers game of cooldowns. Skillful aggression has no place in GW2. Waiting for an opponent to make a move should not be the consistent key to victory. It just turns everything into frustrating, autopilot stalemates; and that dynamic is extremely suppressive for player creativity.I can simplify any game out there the same way you do to discredit their existence.

90% of the time taking initiative and I win my fights so I could careless.

You'll never be able to flick kill a guy botting at you in GW2. The success of aggression in GW2 is almost entirely predicated on build comp and cooldowns. Movement, aim, or some other general skill that any player can master and manipulate will not save you.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:I'd say that it's less about CC needing a purge than CC counters needing work (We don't need more CC counter, we need better quality of CC counter).

I believe that having tools to interrupt other players is an healthy thing, however I don't think that long cast time CC with long lasting effect are an healthy thing. Stability need to stop being a "CC aegis", it need to reduce CC effects by 100% over a set duration without removing the "interrupt" part of the differents CCs.

ANet's devs really need to understand that being CC locked just isn't "fun".

Use your judgement to tell when they're done/used most CC, akind to how you think about when it's time to clear the peak of conditions.

Those who only rely on so much of it are bound to be countered by Stability users like Conditions gets countered by Resistance.

This is why GW2 will never be a skill-based game: everything comes down to just playing extremely passively while whittling away a target until they can't defend themselves. It's just a numbers game of cooldowns. Skillful aggression has no place in GW2. Waiting for an opponent to make a move should not be the consistent key to victory. It just turns everything into frustrating, autopilot stalemates; and that dynamic is extremely suppressive for player creativity.I can simplify any game out there the same way you do to discredit their existence.

90% of the time taking initiative and I win my fights so I could careless.

You'll never be able to flick kill a guy botting at you in GW2. The success of aggression in GW2 is almost entirely predicated on build comp and cooldowns. Movement, aim, or some other general skill that any player can master and manipulate will not save you.

Quake, game that mostly reside on pure skill still has the most narrowed gameplay of all, even less complex that GW2, get the right guns, dominate the map, you win. The aiming and moving part while more mechanical is still in the players judgement to perform.

The ability to calculate actions is where true skill rests at along the good set of actions that are uniformly available. (Evade, Stow, LoS.) There can be /bad/ skills but those bad skills can also be surprisingly useful in scenario's that most can't imagine because of their linear sight on everything else.

A bot in any game would be improbable to flick anyway. Obviously it rests on the intend of the build, that doesn't mean anything yet again. I could give you a solution to every problem and you will narrow down to some answer that have no purpose but to question why are you even posting anything.

Someone being beaten doesn't exclusively scream bad player, that's where matchups and balance lies. You're forgetting how by proven nature for a while that this community is quick and fast to jump on anything that takes the least effort, even if it means losing something that could actually turn an entire fight in their favor because that something is unlikely to be needed, surprisingly that's when you see "memes" become slowly relevant again just for the niche of stomping this one build who people thought never needed the feature that could save them.

There's only a few cases where you had immortal meta builds that were overtuned by their unchanged design (Tetherbreaker is the one I can easily recall). Holo is still riding that with so many oversights, still not as bad as it used to be.

For me to tell people to not stunbreak right away when they get CC spammed is not for you tell me "GW2 is this, therefor that." no, most were to criticize the change to CC damage and forget to imagine how it would be like to CC spam WITH damage. Telling me people wouldn't have to CC spam isn't true either, they would have anyway while we'd have all utility generally nerfed therefor be worst.

If anything, CC spam is only worst damage and we still get complains from people getting CC locked. There's so much to do and yet we are trying to narrow this game into nothing? Again, why are you even posting anything.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@Gwaihir.1745 said:.25 second immunity to all cc from a soft cc, .5s immunity from a hard cc.

Global rule that way anet doesnt have to spend their interns time micromanaging every cc skill.

This would absolutely destroy warrior even more. A thief tapping someone with Headshot before a warrior uses Bulls Charge would be handing them free stab. Either this concept is useless and does nothing because the effect is too short, or it's too strong and CCing someone is as wasted as if they had stab. It's already too easy to ruin CC chains by overriding longer CC with shorter or weaker after it lands, this would make it useless before it even lands.

Ok. Make it immunity per character hit. Remove alot of the lower tier cc. Development is iterative.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:an ex-Ele main who's been on a year-long search of a new class to call home.

everyone who leaves their main chooses engi

Why? Because it's meta? I was under the impression people avoided it because they didn't like their kits.Either way, it was the closest thing to Ele.

Ele has their attunement swaps, engi has their kit swaps, but I'd probably have more success if I didn't handicap myself by playing core.

@Ario.8964 said:Title says it all. The nerfs on classes can wait until we fix the atrocious amount of cc in this game. I don't mind playing against OP things nearly as much as I mind not being able to play my game at certain times due to constantly being under the effects of some form of cc. Easiest things to start with:

• Static aura needs either a longer icd or the stun needs to be removed entirely and replaced with something else (I'd also be in favor of changing static shield on engi to no longer stun in return for 1 sec extra block time. CC a target on block or when they hit you is interesting and cool in theoy, but with the amount of hits and Aoe in the game currently it just creates way too much control)
  • Any traits that provide additional effects on cc need to go (immob on daze, chill on fear, dmg or any damaging conditions on cc, immob when striking a cced target, etc.)
  • Remove or redesign sigils/runes that improve cc durations
  • All cc access in the game needs to be looked at, not every weapon needs a cc and not every build should/needs to be able to cc chain an enemy (just a principle to remember)
  • Some classes could use a reduction in stunbreak ability given reductions in cc presence but that can also be adjusted as needed

Okay this my takes on those things:Static aura on itself is okay but a problem lies deeper its not just cc. You can in theory counter this with stabi it just so you can't dodge it .

A ) Static auraWhat makes it so OP is you share your aura through a weapons skill then transmute it so you have for everyone 3 condi clears then you 5+5s overload = shared aura then you transmute again then you can instantly swap attunement and can do it again in fire. While between the weapon use and the overload are some sec between 5 and 10 there is no real CD after the overload where you can use it again and even 10s are relative short when you thing about it that usually those skills have a CD of 20-25s. I have shown before how nuts this is mathematical and with real life data . This is in comparison to a PvE DPS build 100k dps on the golem.

To be true I would rather an overwork of the whole transmute stuff in the fire trait but the most compromised idea I have so far would be removing aura share from weapon skills so that you have to use the overload or one of the elites ( for static shock there is no elite)

B) Too much CCI absolutely agree on this if you play against good players with good build you get felt every 0.3 a cc in your face and its also not necessary hard cc every condi build has tons of soft cc which come with it . But this isn't new but what changed it that they removed the heal FB from the meta by nerving stabi, boon duration, and the mender amulet(?) . Basically they removed stabi for all from the meta only those builds which have stabi on their own have it now also even before this they removed the stabi which tempest gave on fire overload before this all.

As a solution would be1) unerf the stabi2.) boon duration should be in general at least 2s on everything with small expectation if not something serious is wrong with your concept from a system designer point of view.Exceptions:I think resistance has a max of 2s anyway, makes senseThe other one big exception is properly quickness from FB in Pvp/WVW (this is only because we want less dmg in pvp and less strain on the server in WvW)

C) My after thoughtsIf they all would do this I personally would also give the shared stabi back to the Tempest and maybe even increase it to 2 or 3 stacks . To be true otherwise the build would fall out of favour again . On Healbreaker the duration should be also end up increased to hold the balance between those builds.

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Kuma.1503 said:an ex-Ele main who's been on a year-long search of a new class to call home.

everyone who leaves their main chooses engi

Why? Because it's meta? I was under the impression people avoided it because they didn't like their kits.Either way, it was the closest thing to Ele.

Ele has their attunement swaps, engi has their kit swaps, but I'd probably have more success if I didn't handicap myself by playing core.

nah i was just kidding lol. for the people that did choose engi like me tho, its the most diverse prof with the best skills. just look at personal battering rams animation. it doesn't get any better then that.