this isnt the pentagon

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:I use a password safe, had it for many years. It keeps an encrypted file for all my passwords. All I need is one password to open it (I can use any password I want, as it is on my local PC, not online). Once the encrypted file is open, I can find all the ridiculous passwords that sites make me use.

There is a Windows and Android program called Password Safe. it lets you sync password databases between devices. It will read from a cloud also

That is what I have, just an older version. Local only. I should look at the new one...

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:I use a password safe, had it for many years. It keeps an encrypted file for all my passwords. All I need is one password to open it (I can use any password I want, as it is on my local PC, not online). Once the encrypted file is open, I can find all the ridiculous passwords that sites make me use.

There is a Windows and Android program called Password Safe. it lets you sync password databases between devices. It will read from a cloud also

That is what I have, just an older version. Local only. I should look at the new one...

Actually the syncing is done by storing the password database in a local Google Drive folder. This program is open source so the Android version has a different author. The password databases are the same.

• 3 weeks later...

@Meabeye.8304 said:How about a simple WARNING -- YOU HAVE USED THIS PASSWORD BEFORE!! Instead of FORCING ME to make up a BS password that I will NEVER remember when I change passwords because all the ones I would USUALLY USE have already been used and it WONT let me reuse them, even though I UNDERSTAND THE RISK!

Warn me, and then let ME ME ME decide if I want to use that password or not. Instead I have to make up something... Then when I get on my laptop a few days/weeks later, I cant remember what it was changed to, so I have to make up ANOTHER NEW BS password....

Stop the insanity. Let ME ME ME decide if I want to re-use it.!.!.!.!

No.

This is not about you. Support has to deal with account compromise issues repeatedly. People unwilling to use simple password security result in support having to waste time dealing with ME ME ME people who think they deserve to do what they want and screw everyone else, rather than dealing with actual in-game issues.

Don't reuse passwords. Stop offloading your lack of discipline onto the shoulders of others.