Let's laugh about things that used to be broken

Shroud.2307

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:CMC referred to that overpowered on release thing in the podcast interview a few days ago. He said a spec being too strong on release will result in people trying and messing around with it, which is "good" as the new content will actually be played and for playtime statistics for further balancing. He prefers that over a too weak spec, that nobody plays at release.

So we know what will happen, when the next expac releases...

If that is true, sigh. I would be more okay with this philosophy if they actually targeted the nerfs at the elite specs, but history will repeat itself and we will rinse and repeat through the same BS, and the same overperforming specs will remain such for the majority of the expac. PoF was enough to swear me off of PvP for good. Couldn't even bear finishing the first season after it dropped because of how horrendous balance was. Seeing how specs like core Engi and core Mes get butchered because of Holo and Mirage makes me worry for the future of other classes.

I am excited for new e-specs simply because it is new content, but I was hoping CMC would be the voice of reason to help keep the e-specs more in check. We will see I guess. I'm still a little foolishly optimistic.

They can't even make the Kalla Legend useful in WvW lol. I'm serious their track record on expansions is so bad that there is a good chance one of the main classes you play will not get an e-spec that is usable in wvw or pvp. Usually it falls under who gets stuck with the ranger theme for the class because like Renegade the Dragonhunter just a few of the traits from that e-spec line are usually used. So the traps and longbow have never been really useful unless they are so broken that everyone is using them until they fix or break them to not be so broken. So to me when they finally reveal the new E-specs its like when they call the lottery numbers and are like okay fingers crossed my class doesn't get rangered out.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic