Rune of the Golemancer should be banned or nerfed in WvW

Heibi.4251

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:

@jul.7602 said:The rune is fine, you're being outplayed. The golems have terrible AI, aggro forward and get quickly cleaved out by the enemy.

So why are they being used if they are terrible, ridiculous.

Because too many people don’t think past meta battle and can’t figure out how to work together to beat a comp’d group.

Ok I gotta be nice with this post since I’ve been warned by forum police. The rune is bad and is a meme in wvw. The guild using them is meming! They are easy to just auto attack down in Zerg play and become irrelevant. Also extremely easy to avoid and move away from their obvious CC tell. Anyone who thinks that the golems are what wins the team the fight needs to reevaluate their combat log and see what specifically is killing them.

• Like 1

Something needs to be done about this exploit of a over powered runes .

Reading from the wiki

The Superior Rune of the Golemancer(1): +25 Ferocity.png Ferocity(2): +35 Precision.png Precision(3): +50 Ferocity.png Ferocity(4): +65 Precision.png Precision(5): +100 Ferocity.png Ferocity(6): +125 Ferocity.png Ferocity; summon a golem while in combat. (Cooldown: 60s)

At level 80, every 15 points of ferocity adds 1% to the character's critical damageI don't know how to calculate those ferocity adding to critical damage, but it looks like a lot, and if these stacks or not?

These golems knocks backif you have a mesmer with
Superiority Complex (Dueling) — Your critical hits deal more damage. Critical hit damage against disabled foes, or foes below the health threshold, is further increased. Disabled foes are affected by stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch.

Your critical hits deal more damage. Critical hit damage against disabled foes, or foes below the health threshold, is further increased.Disabled foes are affected by stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch.

Ferocity attribute.png Critical Damage Increase: 15%Ferocity attribute.png Bonus Critical Damage Increase: 10%Radius.png Health Threshold: 50%

this sound like instant death for enemy

and if you have a Spellbreaker withPure Strike (trait)Deal increased critical-hit damage. This bonus is doubled against boonless foes.

Ferocity attribute.png Critical Damage Increase: 7%Ferocity attribute.png Boonless Critical Damage Increase: 14%

this too.

i'm convinced that this is rather a problem with too high stacking dps onto the classes itself. warrior, mesmers, rangers, thieves can do far too high damage in a small amount of time, which is way more problematic since they are all pretty mobile classes

the rune in the end only gives u more critdamage and chance.

shadowstep attacks, invisible engages, quick attacks, fast disengage + engage skills, daze especially as condition is all equally broken as CC is, just only CC got nerfed. and only cc and pure dmg on every class got nerfed, therefore it didn't hurt the big dps much.

also the only difference to rock dog rune is therefore that the dog has bad HP and does not spam cc, the stats it provides are way better tho.

i also did not see, or maybe just not notice - bc i bomb enemies no matter of the pets they bring, a significant increase of golem-pet-zergs. (would barely be spottable tho, we are anyways 24/7 outnumbered here)

I run with a small group usually about 14 people and we are up against map ques all running these runes the golems can go THROUGH walls and cc people. Golem runes need to be nerfed or removed from wvw. It's not been fun not being able to fight fair. All I can do is get on a range toon and snipe which is cowardly and not fun. anet if you can't do anything new for wvw at least fix this and soon please!

@"Heibi.4251" said:As of late there is at least one guild using this Rune in WvW as a primary means of gaming the system. The guild has at least 10-20 players running this rune. The golems are there to soak up damage(considering AOEs hit random players in the area) and they have CC. This rune is vastly overpowered for WvW. 60 second lifespan 50,000 health and a 600 damage per second with CC on a 60 second cooldown. You have a golem with CC that does more damage per second than any player CC out there. Imagine 20 players using constant CC that you don't have to worry about reviving because they'll just respawn automatically because you're in combat. These golems make that guild almost unstoppable. Whole map queues can't kill them. With their golems constantly respawning they have more "players" than a map queue in their zerg. Please take a serious look at either banning its use in WvW or changing it's stats massively. 3-4 minute cooldown, 30 second lifespan, 5000 to10,000 health, and no CC(in WvW). Thank you for your time.

i suggest complete removal of the rune from the game alongside with other 'sleeper' game breaking runes

there are far worse ones.....

-one of the root cause problem in all of this is, it is the ongoing continual repetitive problems of Stacking. Ranging from Professions stacking, rune stacking, sigil stacking, armor stats stacking, mechanic stacking, skills stacking. Its just too much of staking happening all at the same time, which is the source of all the problem-

Example- Thief Profession, Guardian Profession can stack condition damages over conditions damages over condition damages all at the same time

Stealth- Stacking Stealth on top of Stealth=Permanent Stealth, why?

Like the Op states, groups are running the same runes and the runes are stacking on top of each other and creating a massive widespread affect of a Mountain of a Powerful Skill, all at the same time

Superior Rune of the Golemancer- stats---Ferocity stacking on top of each other, why??

Stacking is the core problem.... it is just too much happening, combining stackings all at the same time, why is the need to have so much of it?

-Suggestion- set a limit= (Cap+Lock)

@SweetPotato.7456 said:Something needs to be done about this exploit of a over powered runes .

Reading from the wiki

The Superior Rune of the Golemancer(1): +25 Ferocity.png Ferocity(2): +35 Precision.png Precision(3): +50 Ferocity.png Ferocity(4): +65 Precision.png Precision(5): +100 Ferocity.png Ferocity(6): +125 Ferocity.png Ferocity; summon a golem while in combat. (Cooldown: 60s)

At level 80, every 15 points of ferocity adds 1% to the character's critical damageI don't know how to calculate those ferocity adding to critical damage, but it looks like a lot, and if these stacks or not?

These golems knocks backif you have a mesmer with

Superiority Complex (Dueling) — Your critical hits deal more damage. Critical hit damage against disabled foes, or foes below the health threshold, is further increased. Disabled foes are affected by stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch.

Your critical hits deal more damage. Critical hit damage against disabled foes, or foes below the health threshold, is further increased.Disabled foes are affected by stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch.

Ferocity attribute.png Critical Damage Increase: 15%Ferocity attribute.png Bonus Critical Damage Increase: 10%Radius.png Health Threshold: 50%

this sound like instant death for enemy

and if you have a Spellbreaker withPure Strike (trait)Deal increased critical-hit damage. This bonus is doubled against boonless foes.

Ferocity attribute.png Critical Damage Increase: 7%Ferocity attribute.png Boonless Critical Damage Increase: 14%

this too.

Its +300 ferocity from the rune. This is +20% crit damage. Full Marauder gear along with these runes, with no other increases from traits or boons puts you at 65% crit chance with 212% critical damage. The extra precision amounts +5% crit chance over Marauder gear.

So this +20% more critical damage is really 0.65*0.2=0.13 r 13% more damage. With Fury it becomes 17% more damage.

The critical damage modifiers you are posting stack additively to the critical damage number FYI. This is no way instant death. Sic'em + Attack of Opportunity is more of a problem than this rune set.

Grant it if the golems are able to attack things that a player would not be able to then the Golem A.I. (lol) needs to be adjusted so that it isn't attacking siege on top of the wall or people inside of walls. Otherwise... just sidestep.

On the zerg scale, ask yourself why don't you already see zergs full of rangers and necros with the full petting zoo out.

The golem should just have its HP normalized with other summons/pets. I don't think they do much damage but if it CC's, it shouldn't do both.

Really though, the golem probably isn't ever going to be "the reason" you lost a fight. There are better runes for every class and they are easy to out play by kiting. Though I'll admit, the target cap abuse is pretty rough if you are already outnumbered.

They just a unhealthy meme rune, abuse it while it lasts.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"Heibi.4251" said:As of late there is at least one guild using this Rune in WvW as a primary means of gaming the system. The guild has at least 10-20 players running this rune. The golems are there to soak up damage(considering AOEs hit random players in the area) and they have CC. This rune is vastly overpowered for WvW. 60 second lifespan 50,000 health and a 600 damage per second with CC on a 60 second cooldown. You have a golem with CC that does more damage per second than any player CC out there. Imagine 20 players using constant CC that you don't have to worry about reviving because they'll just respawn automatically because you're in combat. These golems make that guild almost unstoppable. Whole map queues can't kill them. With their golems constantly respawning they have more "players" than a map queue in their zerg. Please take a serious look at either banning its use in WvW or changing it's stats massively. 3-4 minute cooldown, 30 second lifespan, 5000 to10,000 health, and no CC(in WvW). Thank you for your time.

i suggest complete removal of the rune from the game alongside with other 'sleeper' game breaking runes

-one of the root cause problem in all of this is, it is the ongoing continual repetitive problems of
Stacking
. Ranging from Professions stacking, rune stacking, sigil stacking, armor stats stacking, mechanic stacking, skills stacking. Its just too much of staking happening all at the same time, which is the source of all the problem-

Example- Thief Profession, Guardian Profession can stack condition damages over conditions damages over condition damages all at the same time

Like the Op states, groups are running the same runes and the runes are stacking on top of each other and creating a massive widespread affect of a Mountain of a Powerful Skill, all at the same time

Superior Rune of the Golemancer- stats---Ferocity stacking on top of each other, why??

Stacking is the core problem.... it is just too much happening, combining stackings all at the same time, why is the need to have so much of it?

-Suggestion- set a limit= (
Cap+Lock
)

Rune of the Centaur game breaking? Am I missing something?

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

-one of the root cause problem in all of this is, it is the ongoing continual repetitive problems of
Stacking
. Ranging from Professions stacking, rune stacking, sigil stacking, armor stats stacking, mechanic stacking, skills stacking. Its just too much of staking happening all at the same time, which is the source of all the problem-

Cap+Lock
)

Rune of the Centaur game breaking? Am I missing something?Swiftness too OP.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Stacking

Cap+Lock
)

I've got some pack runes and firecracker runes for sale...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Stacking

Cap+Lock
)

I've got some pack runes and firecracker runes for sale...

Swiftness' especially on the Ranger Profession, is very dangerous

@"Yasai.3549" said:

1. It won't work and here's why : they are extremely unreliable, unresponsive, and randomly popped.

During any first engage the golems will all spawn together as soon as the users enter combat, I would not call that random, only after it dies it may become random.

I have never seen a raid use this tactic but I think it would be fun to see, and I take my hat off to whoever came up with the idea, because it does sound interesting.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:This is kind of like saying "I instantly die if a whole guild uses Battle Maul on me at once". In small group fights, the rune isn't a threat since the golem can't heal, unlike players and Ranger pets, and will be dead in a few seconds.

Not that i personally are upset over the golems because of the cc but more of the fact that they cause lag because if you have 63 players which now is what you can bring in to a border and those 63 have the rune, then it is 63 players with 63 golems. That is a issue especially with the lag plauge that is already in WvW. And even if there was only 30 players using it, there is still 30 golems.Also just want to say that you are wrong with your statement, because yes the golem do die but they instantly spawn a new golem as soon as it is dead. There is no cooldown it just instant spawn a new one so the uptime of the golem is 100%

Ok i might have been wrong about the cooldown, but i am still right about what i said. Consider i been playing against servers who do use this in EU, i can tell you they do not die instantly. And if you doubt that you can always watch videos from other more fight oriented guild servers also facing this and see the golems not dying fast enough, and there for they instantly spawn a new after death. 60 sec is way to short with the uptime of the golem and it is causing lag.