Alpine border too glowy

lodjur.1284

With postprocessing on high and at night. The entire northern part of the borderland glows very brightly blue, it's offensive to the eyes.

It changed after some wintersday patch, I assume something changed with how snow looks, but it's terrible and hard to even see skills because it's so glowy.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:u can turn down your screen brightness ingame or at your device. this isn't a real problem that needs to be looked at.

It's not even a brightness problem.

It didn't use to be like this

Turning postprocessing to low fixes it.

Just revert whatever was changed to it.

It makes it way harder to see a lot of effects (notably ghastly and firebrand tome 3 skill 4)

Finally someone mentioning this. I was wondering for years nobody except me notices this. It's ugly as f.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:u can turn down your screen brightness ingame or at your device. this isn't a real problem that needs to be looked at.What a nonsensical comment. People sitting here at a calibrated display for maximum ergonomy and color accuracy should destroy their calibration because one single map uses an ugly glow shader at night. And what at daytime and when I travel to another map? Should I constantly change my brightness values?

if i really look at all the shiny glowing armor stuff, you probably just zoomed in too far at your character. i never did any crazy calibration or even adapt my screen. if it is too bright, using the button combination to "brightness -1" 95% fixes the issue. that this is necessary on some parts of the maps is however far from new.

so if it works on a potatoe laptop for me, what is your excuse? i might reconsider to buy a gaming PC if u tell me now that i have to summon three demons at midnight under the red moon to turn my brightness of screen -1, i however severly doubt that it is that dramatic.

and there's a lot of other and far more disturbing stuff for gameplay. i didn't even notice this overbrightness issue specifically lately. however, on low res it might hurt less, since everything's a bit more blurry anyways to have better performance. i care not that much about "oh noes, it looks ugly (and too bright)" like you did phrase it. if it veils effect field that would be bad, i personally didn't notice it, that'd be rather a argumentation line for a fixing.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:if i really look at all the shiny glowing armor stuff, you probably just zoomed in too far at your character. i never did any crazy calibration or even adapt my screen. if it is too bright, using the button combination to "brightness -1" 95% fixes the issue. that this is necessary on some parts of the maps is however far from new.

so if it works on a potatoe laptop for me, what is your excuse? i might reconsider to buy a gaming PC if u tell me now that i have to summon three demons at midnight under the red moon to turn my brightness of screen -1, i however severly doubt that it is that dramatic.

and there's a lot of other and far more disturbing stuff for gameplay. i didn't even notice this overbrightness issue specifically lately. however, on low res it might hurt less, since everything's a bit more blurry anyways to have better performance. i care not that much about "oh noes, it looks ugly (and too bright)" like you did phrase it. if it veils effect field that would be bad, i personally didn't notice it, that'd be rather a argumentation line for a fixing.

Something not being the biggest issue with the game isn't a reason not to fix it either. Especially when this one has an easy fix, just reverting to how it was prior to wintersday patch couple years ago.

Also it's not necessarily a brightness problem it's more of an issue with aggressive post processing.

And yes it definitively makes it much harder to see many important skill effects and isn't at all an issue with post processing on low, but a big one with it on high. But swapping settings everytime you swap map is kinda annoying