Calm in the Storm

lakka.8642

@Fueki.4753 said:If Calm in the Storm isn't simply bugged and continuing really requires waiting one week, this is by far the worst living world release they have done yet.

You know at first I thought it was new content every week but what if it's just we get 5 weeks of having to do crystal bloom related stuff to get tiered rewards and nothing else. Then I will be disappointed if that's it and we don't get new drm or unlock the next batch of masteries etc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kharmin.7683 said:Putting things on a timer? Isn't this what sunk LS1?

It kinda was.The other three quarters were that the content expired after the chapter was done, there were less things to do and the timers were longer(assuming story will progress when enough resources have been gathered by the community). So we'll see how this will progress...

@Vavume.8065 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

The biggest issue seems to me that the instances do not appear to scale which means group based story content.

I solo'ed one and then I did the rest in groups, the bosses seemed to take longer in groups so I think the bosses scale at least, could be wrong though.

Sure as heck didn't for me (assuming that "solo" also means "private"). It took me forever to take the first one down on my own in private mode.

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

The biggest issue seems to me that the instances do not appear to scale which means group based story content.

I solo'ed one and then I did the rest in groups, the bosses seemed to take longer in groups so I think the bosses scale at least, could be wrong though.

Sure as heck didn't for me (assuming that "solo" also means "private"). It took me forever to take the first one down on my own in private mode.

Like I said I could be wrong, I only solo'ed one boss, have no intention of doing it again.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:If Calm in the Storm isn't simply bugged and continuing really requires waiting one week, this is by far the worst living world release they have done yet.

Agreed. If this isn't a glitch... I'm kind of blown away by how poorly thought out and badly designed this is.

Hardly. It's designed to be more paced out. Smaller chunks at a time, but more frequent new stuff, like in Season 1. It's a different design, but not an inherently worse or bad one.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Though to answer your actual question: no, it isn't. What sunk LS1 was 1) the temporary nature of the content (which is supposedly untrue for this - based on old comments earlier in the year, players coming in late will not have to wait, just like any normal release period), and 2) that the developers were in constant crunch mode, causing unnecessary stress and a steady lowering quality of content.I hope that's right. It would be bad for players coming in late to not be able to access rewards for content.From what I see in-game, it seems that the "temporary timer" part is only 0AP achievements that reward Bonus Box of Goods. The actual unique rewards are available from the permanent vendor too.

This is why there's two currencies - one, which is in the wallet, is permanent. The other, which clutters the inventory, is temporary - and cheaper for the same items of the permanent currency, as you need 1/10th the currency for the same items.

@Tehnerdynerdlo.5846 said:Wait so which one is it we have to wait for? the Token bar to fill, the timer to hit 0 or both? because this seems like some serious kitten padding out

The bar seems to be for the locked achievement which gives extra rewards for the community. The timer seems to be for story/content additions.

That's my educated guess, at least.

@Galmac.4680 said:But what is with the other three locations that Taimi has shown us (near flame citadell e.g.)??

@"Jilora.9524" said:You know at first I thought it was new content every week but what if it's just we get 5 weeks of having to do crystal bloom related stuff to get tiered rewards and nothing else. Then I will be disappointed if that's it and we don't get new drm or unlock the next batch of masteries etc.

See that_shaman's reddit post. GW2Forums tend to delete entire posts that mention the certain three-lettered d word that is often associated with that_shaman.

There is more content to come. The trailer showed some of it in the "Future Chapters Feature" - which seems to have indeed been a type for "Future Chapter Features".

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:

Aside from the recently nerfed health bars - I found that the fights were MUCH easier if you managed to complete all three pre-events. When I did the Metrica one solo, it was a pain in the everliving butt, because I was idle while dialogue played out and didn't have time for even one of the three morale boosting events, but for the second and third ones I completed all three and had a much, much easier time.

I also made good use of charr waystations for the second and third fights. Those remote charges helped a lot in reducing their health.

@Randulf.7614 said:Everything seems set up to expand over the next few months - like how we have the masteries list already there, but can't unlock at this time. They did say stuff will update over time. I'm guessing they are desp trying to stretch all this out as long as possible

I enjoyed the dialogue sequences a lot, but the content was rather dull - mostly due to the bosses health pools being massively too high

Have to agree, I've finally caught up on the story but I found some of this content a bit dull as well.I was a little disappointed with all the new stuff being party based.. that said it wasn't an awful experience and considering it was party based it was actually done quite well, specially when you compare it to the old dungeon story modes which are a real pain to experience casually when everyone just wants to rush and skip everything..

I would prefer to have my story content solo personally just so I can play at my own speed, it felt a little to pressuring to rush along with other people around.. no time to explore or anything and I don't like that when i'm playing something new for the first time.

As for the bosses.. yeah, far too beefy in the HP department and the fights just dragged on a bit too long, even regular enemies had a bit too much hp imoI don't mind the improved damage they do though, that made for more enjoyable fights but the high HP they have just makes it drag on too long.

@Randulf.7614 said:Everything seems set up to expand over the next few months - like how we have the masteries list already there, but can't unlock at this time. They did say stuff will update over time. I'm guessing they are desp trying to stretch all this out as long as possible

I enjoyed the dialogue sequences a lot, but the content was rather dull - mostly due to the bosses health pools being massively too high

Hi, I dont know if you've found it by now, but you can buy the new mastery track (Dragon Slayer) via the merchant in the Eye of the North.It's two crystal bloom support marks to unlock it :)

@Vraanween.1576 said:

Hi, I dont know if you've found it by now, but you can buy the new mastery track (Dragon Slayer) via the merchant in the Eye of the North.It's two crystal bloom support marks to unlock it :)

Only the first two lines are unlockable. The rest aren't until later. That was I meant to infer

@"Amanda Whitemoon.6173" said:im more trying to find out what tokens they ask for to contribute. are they the crystal bloom support marks? than why doesnt it say "earn support marks and purchase rewards"

"Tokens" are the generic name for the type of currency we gain. Crystal bloom support marks are a "token" that shows participation. Its sad players have to be the ones to explain what's going on instead of the game being self-evident.

@Hannelore.8153 said:They're basically just combining story and event concepts to make it more like LS1. I don't see why everyone's disappointed, when events like the Boss Rush have been hailed as crowning achievements of the game and the devs are just continuing that trend.

Its disappointment stemming from (what I assume) is from expectation. I think people expected epic real world areas being affected like what HOT first did in certain areas but we got wonky instances instead. It feels a bit removed and not as...epic. I still think what we got is overall good but needs to be fine tuned. We can't even group up in LFG as 5 ppl we have to do it manually...

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

@"Amanda Whitemoon.6173" said:im more trying to find out what tokens they ask for to contribute. are they the crystal bloom support marks? than why doesnt it say "earn support marks and purchase rewards"

"Tokens" are the generic name for the type of currency we gain. Crystal bloom support marks are a "token" that shows participation. Its sad players have to be the ones to explain what's going on instead of the game being self-evident.

But thats also the point, you dont need any token, you need a very specific token, if the text would say earn " support marks" as this is the Crystal Bloom Support mark, i suspect the next one to be the Ebon Vanguard Support Mark.

also from what i understand from ingame chats what people are a bit frustrated about is not the missions themselves, but the lack of communication.

all with questions like:what do i do now?, do i have to wait?

if this quest had an extra red text orso under it that said "the mission will continue with further releases within the coming weeks"then it would give alot less questioins about what to do next

and: "buying items with Crystal Bloom Support Tokens will give extra rewards the higher the tier gets" if it said that under the tierlist

@Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:

@Amanda Whitemoon.6173 said:im more trying to find out what tokens they ask for to contribute. are they the crystal bloom support marks? than why doesnt it say "earn support marks and purchase rewards"

But thats also the point, you dont need any token, you need a very specific token, if the text would say earn " support marks" as this is the Crystal Bloom Support mark, i suspect the next one to be the Ebon Vanguard Support Mark.

also from what i understand from ingame chats what people are a bit frustrated about is not the missions themselves, but the lack of communication.

all with questions like:what do i do now?, do i have to wait?

if this quest had an extra red text orso under it that said "the mission will continue with further releases within the coming weeks"then it would give alot less questioins about what to do next

and: "buying items with Crystal Bloom Support Tokens will give extra rewards the higher the tier gets" if it said that under the tierlist

I do agree. Frame your game service around clear communication. Marketing for this game has a lot to be desired. They could have released the same amount of content but if they frame everything right concierge-level there would be no frustration. I was pretty offended they had this global timed event without anyone knowing then had the audacity to have a timer on it when nothing was scheduled to come after. They might as well have left it so we could eventually earn them.