Did i just lose my legendary precursor???

@"Linken.6345" said:You always destroy and get a new item in the mystic forge.

Well i didn't know that... :disappointed:I just knew how to do the recipe from years ago.

Also, if the game somehow warned me and presented a message with "are you sure" or outright told me "warning, this item is a legendary precursor, it will be lost if you use this recipe" i wouldn't have done it. But the tooltip when you hover over the item s kinda misleading, i didn't understand what that actually meant.

All it said was "this item will be treated as Pahua's breeches for the purposes of the conversion". I thought that just means that the game recognized Trailblatzer stats that i had on it, nothing more.

Anyway, i sent a ticket to support, hopefully they can reverse this.

This gets mentioned in almost every single thread about precursors.

It's specifically mention on the webssite https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

Warning: Using an ascended precursor weapon or armor with this recipe will yield a basic ascended weapon or armor and will no longer be usable to craft their respective legendary.

Which I linked to you in your thread here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1370696#Comment_1370696 with the explicit recommendation to carefully read that page, even if this was about trinkets and how stat changing in general works (and it does mention that the item gets destroyed as well at the very beginning).

Contact customer support, they might be able to help, but do yourself a favor and stop glossing over wikis and do try to read things marked as WARNING in a wiki.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:This gets mentioned in almost every single thread about precursors.

It's specifically mention on the webssite https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

Warning
: Using an ascended precursor weapon or armor with this recipe will yield a basic ascended weapon or armor and will no longer be usable to craft their respective legendary.

Which I linked to you in your thread here:
with the explicit recommendation to carefully read that page, even if this was about trinkets and how stat changing in general works (and it does mention that the item gets destroyed as well at the very beginning).

Contact customer support, they might be able to help, but do yourself a favor and stop glossing over wikis and do try to read things marked as WARNING in a wiki.

Yesy, in the future i'll make sure i read everything.I did contact support and they responded almost immediately and were very helpful! :heart:

I'll really make sure to get some mileage out of my dual monitors now and play GW2 on one with a wiki open on the second.I'll be sure not to make the same mistake again.

@Infusion.7149 said:Don't do it again. I made the same mistake one time and never forget now.

It's the same problem with any precursor whether it is for legendary weapon or armor.

Oh this is definitely engrained in my brain now, i'll never do anything like that again!

Don't worry, it happens. Usually customer support helps out. Make sure to be as clear as possible, and have the item on hand or easily accessible (for them easy to find) because they will likely have to remove the old item, or have you remove it, before reimbursing you with the lost one.

Good Luck

@Cyninja.2954 said:Don't worry, it happens. Usually customer support helps out. Make sure to be as clear as possible, and have the item on hand or easily accessible (for them easy to find) because they will likely have to remove the old item, or have you remove it, before reimbursing you with the lost one.

Good Luck

They already did. :smile:I discarded the pants that got transformed, destroyed them, and they sent me the precursor ones in the mail that i had to retrieve with the character that had them in the first place. :heart:

I got the precursor back. Like i said, the support was awesome, replied almost instantly to the ticket and were very helpful!They did say that they are making an exception in my case, and it's a one time thing, so i'll definitely be extra careful with my items from now on.But that won't happen again since i'll never do anything like that ever lol. This is my lesson.