Please add option to remove players visually to enjoy Living story

Hadi.6025

Meaning be able to remove all players so you can enjoy the dialog and not have 60000 people stand over top of Braham or Rytlock with their mounts and 6000 infusions. It's frustrating when you can't even understand whats going on cause everyone is logged in trying to see the new content but its too many people on screen to see or hear anything cause someone is casting skills or sitting on top of their mount. I literally could not hear anything cause someones player is shouting all their skills or see who was talking cause its 50 players sitting on top of some guy with their mounts taking up half the screen.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:

Character Model Limit — Controls the total number of character models that may be displayed. Nameplates still appear for all characters.

Thats not enough , neither is the player chatter button. They just need to add an option to remove all the players completely. The mounts are too big.

I wish all the story would just have happened in an instance, as I had to deal with an infused (and maybe drunk?) Charr who constantly ran up and down, and in circles, and up and down, doing auto-attacks while I tried to focus on the conversation between Aurene and Co. And the people who talked about the story in Rata Sum - in a place with newbies - including obvious story spoilers are also not the nicest characters (imagine being a fairly new player who has to go to Rata Sum at this stage).

How about having good constructed story instances? LS3 Had them, Pof, LS 4 also. And now the story is put in the open world. That doesnt work for obvious reasons. All about reducing costs and development time. Add to that the cluster of flashy mount skins, armors, weapons, infusions and the explosion of special effects of the zerg of players on top of the story telling, and its only stress and dizzyness left. Flash, zerg, grind, repeat is the only thing i can call it. Look at what LS3 brought in content (6 unique maps, story instances, fractails and raids, followed by the Pof expac 3 months later. The difference in quality and quantity is noticable. If they communicated that development is hindered by Covic lockdowns, working from home etc, i would understand, its a team effort afterall. And would find delays totally acceptable. But thats the problem, communication is in lockdown. And thats makes me unsure of the games future.

Immersion level -632 when 40+ other characters including aliens, legendary backpacks and walking infusions are covering literally everything, so you don't see who's talking.Of course I want to hide everyone's characters during the story in Open World. I don't like unnecessary instances (a'ka go through another loading screen just to hear quick conversation).

@particlepinata.9865 said:How about having good constructed story instances? LS3 Had them, Pof, LS 4 also. And now the story is put in the open world. That doesnt work for obvious reasons. All about reducing costs and development time. Add to that the cluster of flashy mount skins, armors, weapons, infusions and the explosion of special effects of the zerg of players on top of the story telling, and its only stress and dizzyness left. Flash, zerg, grind, repeat is the only thing i can call it. Look at what LS3 brought in content (6 unique maps, story instances, fractails and raids, followed by the Pof expac 3 months later. The difference in quality and quantity is noticable. If they communicated that development is hindered by Covic lockdowns, working from home etc, i would understand, its a team effort afterall. And would find delays totally acceptable. But thats the problem, communication is in lockdown. And thats makes me unsure of the games future.

If you watch Guild Chats, you will hear the Devs talk about the difficulties of working from home.

@Hadi.6025 said:Meaning be able to remove all players so you can enjoy the dialog and not have 60000 people stand over top of Braham or Rytlock with their mounts and 6000 infusions. I

Ikr, such immersion... it's like Braham just become a street performer.

@Hadi.6025 said:

They just need to add an option to remove all the players completely.

They need to instance it IMO.

i mean the complaint is valid...but it's also pretty ridiculous. You want to remove the MMO from MMORPG.

I get it though...the cosmetics in this game are just beyond silly to the point of just becoming screen noise and its just a huge fireworks display in your face when surrounded by players. If that is really your issue you should turn on standard models. Really it's Anets fault for letting the noise parade that is fashion wars get this insane...but ehh...there's really not much anyone can do about that at this point.

@Hadi.6025 said:Meaning be able to remove all players so you can enjoy the dialog and not have 60000 people stand over top of Braham or Rytlock with their mounts and 6000 infusions. It's frustrating when you can't even understand whats going on cause everyone is logged in trying to see the new content but its too many people on screen to see or hear anything cause someone is casting skills or sitting on top of their mount. I literally could not hear anything cause someones player is shouting all their skills or see who was talking cause its 50 players sitting on top of some guy with their mounts taking up half the screen.

^^^