Guild Wars2 crash my computer

Like in topic gw2 iscrashing my computer. Each time i log in to game and choose nay character computer is crashing. After i checked event logs logs i see:

• 64203100x8000000000000025401ApplicationDESKTOP-OUM1C9J
  • Catalog Database3840,D,12Catalog Database:0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat)9080 (0x2378)1568.20.0

@"Undertaker.4368" said:After i checked event logs logs i see:

You pasted everything with angle brackets, which is why the code isn't showing correctly in your post.

Also, the code does not contain any information about the crash. To get proper details, follow these steps (if a dump file was created in your GW2 installation folder!):

1. Download the ISO that matches your Windows version (e.g., the 1904 version if you are using 1909, not 2004):https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/sdk-archive/

2. Open (don't install) the ISO (right-click --> Open with Windows Explorer) and look for:X64 Debuggers And Tools-x64_en-us.msi (x64 if you are running a 64-bit Windows, otherwise select the x86 .msi file)

3. Double-click the MSI installer in order to install the Debugging Tool.

4. Once the Tool has been installed, open it, configure the Font size (which is too small by default), then selectFile --> Open Crash Dump

5. Now select the GW2 dump file (located in the game's directory) and open it, you might find information inside about what conflict caused the game to crash.

If there is no GW2 dump file (which is likely), Windows has definitely generated dump files when your system crashed. To read them, follow the steps 1-4, but open the Windows dump file(s) instead, which can be located in any of the following folders:

• C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\
  • C:\Windows\minidump\ (if you have selected minidumps instead of full sized Windows dump files)
  • C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP (if you did not change the max size of the system dump file)

Upon opening the file, there should be an analyze link within it. Click on it and it will give you the details about the process/driver that caused the crash.

@Ashantara.8731 said:i did what you saidAs i see there is aIP_ON_HEAP: 0000026676c5a1c0The fault address in not in any loaded module, please check your build's rebaselog at \bin\build_logs\timebuild\ntrebase.log for module which maycontain the address if it were loaded.

FAILURE_SYMBOL_NAME: Gw2-64.exe!Unknown

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: BREAKPOINT_80000003_Gw2-64.exe!Unknown

Yesterday something happened to my login too.

Everything is ok until I get to the part where i click 'play ' to start the game to go into character election screen. It hanged. The selection screen never appeared. When I open my task manager, it shows GW2 is loading and I can't even click on it to force close the game. Then my task manager hanged too >.< I have to power off my computer to reboot every thing . After a hard reboot, the same thing happened again. Sigh.

Luckily when I did it the third time, every thing was ok then. Otherwise I would have to send in a support ticket too. This has never happened before :/ And no, I did not do or install anything on my computer and my network is 10 gb fibre connect. If this is caused by their server inefficiency, i cannot imagine what will happened when they add a third expansion and more players into those server(s).

@"Mil.3562" said:Everything is ok until I get to the part where i click 'play ' to start the game to go into character election screen. It hanged.

Try to repair your game client:

...and don't forget to rid your system of junk files:

1. Clean up your system with Windows (check everything)
  2. Use CCleaner to clean junk files and also clean your registry.

Also, make sure all your drivers are up-to-date (motherboard, GPU, ...).

@Undertaker.4368 said:It was overheat. :) Took me a while to finded but it was just hot :)

Uh oh. That is not good for the hardware.

Have you installed more fans and configured fan speed properly to ensure the system doesn't overheat again? in every newer BIOS you should be able to configure CPU and case fan speeds, and your GPU fan speed should be configurable via its manufacturer's software.

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:Do you have any add ons like arcdps? If you use something like that it has to be updated with each and every release of the game or else it crashes.

It doesn't hurt to read at least the last post before posting yourself. :3

@Undertaker.4368 said:@Ashantara.8731 yes i did. Problem was with not standard cpu and now all is ok :) thank you for help <3

Glad everything works fine now. :) Perhaps you can mark this thread as solved by adding a [solved] tag to its title so that people know it's been resolved. ;)