Remaster of Personal Story with Icebrood Team

@Swagger.1459 said:

That's correct. Hugely expensive and time consuming. And so much so, that development in other areas of the game would suffer as a result.

What we need is new content and the devs to fix up stuff that's vital to the game, not pour tons of money and time into something that already works well.

Hugely expensive is relative - I made this statement a a relief valve in case someone in a position to know the actual numbers was reading. Assertiveness is best, but I am typically on the submissive side of the fence even when talking about good ideas.

Season 5 is extremely high quality - about that of a good theatrical release in my considered opinion. The personal story is no where near that level - and I'm making no criticism here, just pointing out clear fact. I'm interested specifically in this content because it serves two important purposes - it introduces new players to the game and it provides literal direction for their efforts. This type of content guide is critical - vital - where there is such an enormous amount of content available.

I can't reasonably advise new players to skip the personal story, and I can't comfortably explain its content is so out of date as to be unrecognizable from the current seasonal content. Mainly I can cross my fingers and hope they stick to the game. I stuck despite having initial doubts - I learned to really love many aspects of it while tagging along with the boyfriend. Without that impetus I probably wouldn't be here to trouble the wide world of the forums.

I'm not going to pretend I'm able to advise development, but if the focus is to get as many players as possible to play the game, as it should be if time (production hours available) and money (revenue, budgets, payroll) are limited, then putting the best foot forward during the new player experience should definitely be a focus. Initial content should be as refined as possible and should reflect what a person can expect if they continue to play the game. This doesn't mean there should be no focus on new content for the existing player base, but that cannot be the only focus for a multi-generational franchise, which Guild Wars absolutely is - hi five all involved in that illustrious feat of determination, skill, and grace :)

@Antigravity.4083 said:

That's correct. Hugely expensive and time consuming. And so much so, that development in other areas of the game would suffer as a result.

What we need is new content and the devs to fix up stuff that's vital to the game, not pour tons of money and time into something that already works well.

Hugely expensive is relative - I made this statement a a relief valve in case someone in a position to know the actual numbers was reading. Assertiveness is best, but I am typically on the submissive side of the fence even when talking about good ideas.

Season 5 is extremely high quality - about that of a good theatrical release in my considered opinion. The personal story is no where near that level - and I'm making no criticism here, just pointing out clear fact. I'm interested specifically in this content because it serves two important purposes - it introduces new players to the game and it provides literal direction for their efforts. This type of content guide is critical - vital - where there is such an enormous amount of content available.

I can't reasonably advise new players to skip the personal story, and I can't comfortably explain its content is so out of date as to be unrecognizable from the current seasonal content. Mainly I can cross my fingers and hope they stick to the game. I stuck despite having initial doubts - I learned to really love many aspects of it while tagging along with the boyfriend. Without that impetus I probably wouldn't be here to trouble the wide world of the forums.

I'm not going to pretend I'm able to advise development, but if the focus is to get as many players as possible to play the game, as it should be if time (production hours available) and money (revenue, budgets, payroll) are limited, then putting the best foot forward during the new player experience should definitely be a concern. Initial content should be as refined as possible and should reflect what a person can expect if they continue to play the game. This doesn't mean there should be no focus on new content for the existing player base, but that cannot be the only focus for a multi-generational franchise, which Guild Wars absolutely is - hi five all involved in that illustrious feat of determination skill and grace :)

I’m sure if Anet had a massive amount of extra resources they would love to do something like that. Unfortunately,...

@Swagger.1459 said:

I’m sure if Anet had a massive amount of extra resources they would love to do something like that. Unfortunately,...

Yea... I was being careful to pitch it trying to keep that in mind.. also I was trying to be as endearing and entertaining as possible! A legacy habit of mine that still works most of the time! lol

Anyways, in an alternate dimension I would recruit Alexis from $chitt's Creek to whine about this until it happened, but alas I have only myself. Fingers crossed lol

@Antigravity.4083 said:

@"Zok.4956" said:P.S. I do not believe that there is one "Icebrood Team" and that all episodes of season 5 (including the Prolog episode 0) are made by exactly the same team.

That's the team I meant... This was before I played any of season 5.. I'm playing it now and it's
excellent
He meant that the Icebrood Saga episodes are
not
being done by one team (there are several LS teams working on episodes in sequence). There's no "Icebrood Team". There are several Living Story teams however.

@Antigravity.4083 said:

@"Zok.4956" said:P.S. I do not believe that there is one "Icebrood Team" and that all episodes of season 5 (including the Prolog episode 0) are made by exactly the same team.

That's the team I meant... This was before I played any of season 5.. I'm playing it now and it's
excellent

excellent? the "pact commander" is just a gimp now. , doing the dirty of work of anyone, who cant be bothered to do so themselves.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

excellent
He meant that the Icebrood Saga episodes are
not
being done by one team (there are several LS teams working on episodes in sequence). There's no "Icebrood Team". There are several Living Story teams however.

Then you can take my statement to indicate all teams working on Living Story content.

Personally I hope they will not remaster the old content from core game. The story was nice and your actions be it in events or story still had a meaning. They had an effect on the world around you and your character. Something we don't really see anymore. It is also the only zone where lag did not infiltrate yet. Truth be told, Icebrood Saga was the worst content I have experienced in game out of all of the Living Worlds that came out so far. If they are going to do something, they should fix bugs from old content (be it poi's giving issues, events stalling, mobs/npc's running out of instance area during story, dungeon bugs, you name it). Optionally they should go back on content they had scrapped (Domain of Kourna meta comes to mind) and change the Istan meta back to "can be done several times a day" because since the 1x a day change, everytime I go there nobody will ever play it as everyone has done it at some prime time I couldn't be around. It kinda goes against their philosophy of play what you want when you want, how often as you want.

@"Vancho.8750" said:They can add a story step after Zhaitan falls, which involves fighting it on the ground, and adding a strike mission ala visions of the past.

The first time i did the zaithan fight, i thought to myself "that's it?". Would've made more sense if Zaithan is about to die, but it surely isn't just going to fall down and keel over, so it jumps at the airship and hits/rams it so it goes down. Then you move to finish it on the ground.

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Personally I hope they will not remaster the old content from core game. The story was nice and your actions be it in events or story still had a meaning. They had an effect on the world around you and your character.

What effect did any of it have? The commander always ended up as the perfect hero no matter what you did. When i say perfect, i mean that no matter what you did in the beginning, all that is meaningless and even if it's mentioned, the commander will still be a mindless fool who follows blindly, which is hilarious as the point of the "commander" rank was that they are the second in command. But the commander commanded nothing and nobody. While i never wanted to join any of the orders (if i actually had a choice), not to mention the pact, the fact that the commander seems to be just a random errand boy (whose "errands" involve killing things) is pretty dumb. Help the orders and the pact? Sure, but i don't want to be affiliated with them. The story guild isn't any better. There hasn't ever been even the illusion of choice in the story.

I know, i know. "Think of the savings!"