Stop calling 1000g weapon sets content

Jilora.9524

Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones. 50 orich ingots 10 ecto per lodestone.I legit bought the mark and pact black lion entire sets for less then 1000g and you get 14 tickets back like 560g back and you then think hey complete the new set for 20 AP and 12 AGs is somehow worthy of our gold.I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skip because you think making these new weapons expensive instead of shaft hilt 4g inscription 5 ectos or something reasonable adds to your game. Well it doesn't

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jilora.9524 said:Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones.

If only the weapon set(s) looked any good, I would at least feel motivated to get the achievement. But the way they look (plus the things you already mentioned) only makes it an expensive chore and nothing else. :-/

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones.

If only the weapon set(s) looked any good, I would at least feel motivated to get the achievement. But the way they look (plus the things you already mentioned) only makes it an expensive chore and nothing else. :-/

I agree they don't look good right now, other than the sword which is decent, however as I previously said, if they are upgraded in future they may look much better.

@Jilora.9524 said:Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones. 50 orich ingots 10 ecto per lodestone.I legit bought the mark and pact black lion entire sets for less then 1000g and you get 14 tickets back like 560g back and you then think hey complete the new set for 20 AP and 12 AGs is somehow worthy of our gold.I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skip because you think making these new weapons expensive instead of shaft hilt 4g inscription 5 ectos or something reasonable adds to your game. Well it doesn't

well what would you use your gold for? goes up and up and no other good way to spend it :cry:

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones. 50 orich ingots 10 ecto per lodestone.I legit bought the mark and pact black lion entire sets for less then 1000g and you get 14 tickets back like 560g back and you then think hey complete the new set for 20 AP and 12 AGs is somehow worthy of our gold.I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skip because you think making these new weapons expensive instead of shaft hilt 4g inscription 5 ectos or something reasonable adds to your game. Well it doesn't

well what would you use your gold for? goes up and up and no other good way to spend it :cry:

Yeah, and I usually do them until the stormcaller w/e one's were 1000g then I did the math right on this one but in my head was like you need 3 ingots and just was like 1000g again but it's not it's like 350g. I still think 10-12g per weapon or under 200g a set is fair but 350g or 1000g like stormcaller is just a pointless money sink. And I'm good at making gold so I imagine it's worse for others or newer players. I just think they need to tone down the gold sink on these but well see

This is what we call an optional material sink. Material sinks like these are necessary for the game.

@Swagger.1459 said:

This is what we call an
optional
material sink. Material sinks like these are necessary for the game.It would be far more optional if there wasn't a mastery point locked behind it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

This is what we call an
optional
material sink. Material sinks like these are necessary for the game.It would be far more optional if there wasn't a mastery point locked behind it.

disclaimer: you don't need mastery point behind weapon collection to max masteriesatm i have only the tengu and i think one in whisper in the dark and still i have 349 with 9 spare mastery point, 1point for party guardian, 7 more are coming through dragon mission and more as there will be some more story chapter/episode/whatever most likely new success too which will cover the 17 point i need to max the mastery

@Swagger.1459 said:

This is what we call an
optional
material sink. Material sinks like these are necessary for the game.

And the higher you price it more opt out which then asks why and on top most include a MP. These type of sinks bring nothing extra imo. Legendarys and certain things sure. Lets throw a new weapon set together and add massive time gates and material/gold sink. My point is if I who has little issue making gold is skipping these things then the price is just unrealistic for the value of the skins again imo.Everything is optional Swagger so that's an easy defense just no need to price out many players for no good reason

@Jilora.9524 said:Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones. 50 orich ingots 10 ecto per lodestone.yes it not cheap and not for everyone as many other things.I legit bought the mark and pact black lion entire sets for less then 1000g and you get 14 tickets back like 560g back and you then think hey complete the new set for 20 AP and 12 AGs is somehow worthy of our gold.I put 10 g for each and forget about it. After few years I will get it. Want asap ? pay more.

I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skipit ok. It not needed do all if you don;t want.

Btu remember what 1000g weapon sets is content. Otherwise you should rethink you wait form mmo game at all??

@Astralporing.1957 said:

This is what we call an
optional

Well, there will be lots of options for mastery points. Nobody has to get that one. And the weapons are optional as well... Self imposed issue here.

@Jilora.9524 said:

This is what we call an
optional

And the higher you price it more opt out which then asks why and on top most include a MP. These type of sinks bring nothing extra imo. Legendarys and certain things sure. Lets throw a new weapon set together and add massive time gates and material/gold sink. My point is if I who has little issue making gold is skipping these things then the price is just unrealistic for the value of the skins again imo.Everything is optional Swagger so that's an easy defense just no need to price out many players for no good reason

Well you don’t need the weapons. The mp is a just a bonus. There will be plenty of other mps available. Don’t stress out over mp and optional sinks.

What ways would make obtaining the weapons more reasonable for you?

@Swagger.1459 said:

This is what we call an
optional

Well you don’t need the weapons. The mp is a just a bonus. There will be plenty of other mps available. Don’t stress out over mp and optional sinks.

What ways would make obtaining the weapons more reasonable for you?

Closer in price to what the old exotic weapon sets. Like Mordant or the Bjora ones with etrite off the top of my head. 8 10 12g type exotics. Still expensive since we salvage of mf them but not this trend of insane mats needed like stormcaller or these w the timegate aren't so bad but still 20g each for exotics again. Then sometimes anet decides we cant mf a few sets that I had sitting in my bank. That's all reasonable gold wise or collection types would work not tied directly to mass amounts of liquid gold.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:This is what we call an
optional

Well, there will be lots of options for mastery points. Nobody has to get that one. And the weapons are optional as well... Self imposed issue here.So far it's far less option than both HoT+LS3 and PoF+LS4 had at this point. IBS is just way, way, way more grindy. Honestly, i wouldn't expect the future LS chapters to suddenly change that.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

This is what we call an
optional

Hows the mastery economy now? Do you need all previous masteries in Ibs to max out the ibs trees?

I'm not interested in the dragon slayer weapons. I don’t care about the skins, and I don’t care about the AP for the collection. Yet the resources needed to craft them play a big part in the reward structure for the new chapter, which is a bit annoying. The prismaticite crystals serve no other purpose (so far), are account bound and have no merchant value. I'm looking forward to the day my material storage runs over and I have to decide whether or not to reserve storage space for the crystals, just in case. Potentially the next hatched chili.

@zealex.9410 said:Hows the mastery economy now? Do you need all previous masteries in Ibs to max out the ibs trees?Currently, the purely mathematical situation is like this:zone, mastery points required/mastery points availableCore, 49/83HoT, 144/198PoF, 110/130IBS, 63/58 (although it's actually 46/58 at the moment, since the last 17 points of the newest mastery track are currently locked)

At this moment though we're still 3 episodes short on IBS. The last episode supplied 6 total mastery points (4 easy ones, one locked behind the weapon collection, one behind a challenge that may be problematic for many). if the next 3 chapters all add 6 points each, and no new mastery tracks/tiers, IBS would end at 63/76. Which would put it at a margin comparable to PoF, but worse than for HoT and Core

That is pure math though. It doesn't include things like how easy to get/grindy each mastery point is. In that regard, previous cases had a lot more of low hanging fruit masteries. In IBS the emphasis was shifted far more towards heavy grind/costly/heavily time consuming ones.

Last chapter added more easy masteries though, so hopefully if they will keep it up, this may help. Still, in all previous cases i never really felt the need to wait for new, easy mastery points from future chapters. IBS is the first time i feel that.

And it's due to this that locking mastery points after the 1000g weapon collection feels especially jarring.

may be people who think what 1000-5000g weapon collection it not content make wrong choose when start play mmo games?currently play parallel few another mmo projects, and yes, the 1000g weapon collections is a true mmo game content.One difference here we get +20 AP, on more games from that collections we have +20 stats, but "mind line" the same as should.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

This is what we call an
optional

@zealex.9410 said:And it's due to this that locking mastery points after the 1000g weapon collection feels especially jarring.

It seems to me the MP is locked behind crazy RNG or, right now, buying weapons at a total cost, of ~2700g on the TP!

The Dragon Slayer weapons, that I think the OP was talking about, only award 20AP! better to ignore the weapons and keep the (decent) rewards for unlocking the recipes!