Question about current event and the 6 day timer

Tanek.5983

Hello, all. I logged in yesterday to get the update and unlock the new episode, but probably won't have lots of time to play until the weekend. (Also, I am a couple of episodes behind at this point and need to catch up.) When logged on, I saw there is a 6-day timer on an event to assist the factions.

In general I lag behind the crowd when getting the story completed, but the game has been very good about not time-gating content (with the obvious exception of LW season 1 and events around that time). I am hoping that is the case here, too.

Without getting into spoilery bits, if I don't get to the content covered by the event in the 6 days, what, if anything, am I missing out on? If I am missing something, is it worth me jumping ahead and trying to rush through for it?

Thanks!

@Tanek.5983 said:Hello, all. I logged in yesterday to get the update and unlock the new episode, but probably won't have lots of time to play until the weekend. (Also, I am a couple of episodes behind at this point and need to catch up.) When logged on, I saw there is a 6-day timer on an event to assist the factions.

In general I lag behind the crowd when getting the story completed, but the game has been very good about not time-gating content (with the obvious exception of LW season 1 and events around that time. I am hoping that is the case here, too.

Without getting into spoilery bits, if I don't get to the content covered by the event in the 6 days, what, if anything, am I missing out on? If I am missing something, is it worth me jumping ahead and trying to rush through for it?

Thanks!

No, just rewards maybe from t1 which aren't even much. You can basically trade mats for 5 crystals in eotn vender and if you spend 5 you are eligible for tiered rewards. I did that on my alts

I, too, am not clear on exactly what is expected from us over the next few days. As I get it, we're supposed to do the dragon response missions repeatedly to gain some new currency, then spend that currency on stuff and that will advance the story forward. Can someone fill in the details of what goes to who? I just don't get it.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@Tanek.5983 said:Hello, all. I logged in yesterday to get the update and unlock the new episode, but probably won't have lots of time to play until the weekend. (Also, I am a couple of episodes behind at this point and need to catch up.) When logged on, I saw there is a 6-day timer on an event to assist the factions.

In general I lag behind the crowd when getting the story completed, but the game has been very good about not time-gating content (with the obvious exception of LW season 1 and events around that time. I am hoping that is the case here, too.

Without getting into spoilery bits, if I don't get to the content covered by the event in the 6 days, what, if anything, am I missing out on? If I
am
missing something, is it worth me jumping ahead and trying to rush through for it?

Thanks!

No, just rewards maybe from t1 which aren't even much. You can basically trade mats for 5 crystals in eotn vender and if you spend 5 you are eligible for tiered rewards. I did that on my alts

Thanks. I'll have to check out what these rewards are. Anything like armor, weapons, cosmetics, account unlocks, etc?

@Tanek.5983 said:

Without getting into spoilery bits, if I don't get to the content covered by the event in the 6 days, what, if anything, am I missing out on? If I
am
missing something, is it worth me jumping ahead and trying to rush through for it?

Thanks!

Thanks. I'll have to check out what these rewards are. Anything like armor, weapons, cosmetics, account unlocks, etc?

No, looks like banners celebration booster type things. You can preview from the achieve when you log in

@Tanek.5983 said:

am

Thanks!

It wont be anything like that. It's almost certainly like the fractal/boss rush events where you get some extra materials or tokens. Anything like what you mention will be in vendors and should be permanent.

They have said previously the chapter would release more content for it over time between release and the next chapter, so we are assuming more content potentially in 6 days.

I'm in the same positon as the OP. I logged in yesterday but didn't get to start the new episode, I'm going to do a bit tonight but I'll probably miss tomorrow and Friday as well due to other things taking priority, so I hope the rewards for doing it every day aren't anything major.

I doubt it will be because as far as I remember the last time Anet did something like that was when Southsun was released (aka their first update after release) and they never did it again because it didn't work well. But it would be nice to have confirmation.