Issue with Dragon Response Mission bosses

@Linken.6345 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:It's not fixed. These champs still have waaaaaaay too much health. It took me around 15 minutes to get rid of it. Maybe it's fine if I have a group of 5 but I'm doing it solo. It's not scaling properly.

You useing nomad or minstrel by any chance?

Try it with the challenge active - it's like 100x the health.

@Linken.6345 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:It's not fixed. These champs still have waaaaaaay too much health. It took me around 15 minutes to get rid of it. Maybe it's fine if I have a group of 5 but I'm doing it solo. It's not scaling properly.

No, full set of Mauraders. It's basically Berserker's with some added Vitality. All the other enemies are just fine. It's something to do with the scaling when it's just 1 player.

I went into these missions on my main and it took ~15mins per champion, so they're still HP sponges when soloed The last one especially as it just constantly summons fire tornadoes to throw you around when you're trying to damage it.

The devs really need to look at the up/downscaling algorithms, they've been broken for a long time now.

@"Hannelore.8153" said:I went into these missions on my main and it took ~15mins per champion, so they're still HP sponges when soloed The last one especially as it just constantly summons fire tornadoes to throw you around when you're trying to damage it.

The devs really need to look at the up/downscaling algorithms, they've been broken for a long time now.

Agreed. Scaling still seems terrible (perhaps even nonexistent) when soloing these. Doesn't seem worth the time to enter a private instance to solo.

Of course, the stock answer is "hurdurr this be an mmo, go play with others." I did! The problem is on day one, people are already afk-ing these. Started with a group of 5, 2 immediately stopped moving in the starter area (just a few things here and there to beat the afk timer, perhaps) and stayed that way the rest of the time. Only one person followed me to boss, and they did no damage and died rapidly/repeatedly. That person eventually stopped respawning, and I was left alone to finish the instance. If scaling were dynamic, that would have made the afkers and leavers a bit less of a problem.

I'll have arcdps estimate the boss' HP in various scenarios, and update this thread if I feel it's helpful.

The bosses still have too much health and the event takes way too long with constant breaks in the fight (certain HP % thresholds meaning "go do busywork elsewhere!") It's not like these fights are challenging, they're just incredibly tedious. It's repeatable content you never want to repeat after story missions??

@Healix.5819 said:

Try it with the challenge active - it's like 100x the health.

I wouldent think cms should be soloable.

Not fixed, Took around 45 minutes to complete 3 of them - that's the time where you can complete all t4 fractals and get much sweetier rewards rather than end-chest with not working auto -loot masteries.Upscale the reward or this content will be long forgotten in now time.

All strikes can be done faster than this time (even +Steel Strike with some additional time)

Feels like it's worse than before. Yesterday, I managed to do Metrica in 30 mins (yes, some can do it faster, but I'm far from being a top DPS player, working on gear and build slowly, at my own pace). Today, it took me 45 mins, same gear, same build, same tactics. Maybe the solo scaling was messed up?

Anyway, also did a few in public instances - there are already loads of leechers around - so I probably try to find groups via LFG in the future for dailies, as having people AFKing at the entrance isn't nice - and you can't kick them!

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:And, fixed! Thanks for being patient--this has been resolved!

Erm no it hasn't.

I don't know what you did but the Dragon bosses in Private Instances still have an absolute ton of hit points.

I did the one in Metrica Province earlier with my Ranger and just done it with my Thief. Both Solo. Both with full ascended marauder weapons/armour/trinkets etc. All aug slots filled with +5 power augs and in the case of rings they have three aug slots. So whilst the damage isn't the top glass cannon, it is more than respectable. GS and Legendary Bow on Ranger. Legendary Dagger/Pistol and SB on Thief.

Go take a look at my Combat logs if you want. You will see how much damage was done to the boss and see how many HP it had. Rediculous.

Edit - Just completed the Brisbane Wildlands Destroyer of the Crystal Fields on my Thief. 17 minutes to kill the boss.

Edit 2 - Just completed the Gendarran Fields Destroyer of the Great Bridge - 18m49s just for that part, never mind the bit prior to it.

Can you guys also please fix lfg so people can advertise in PARTY mode and not SQUAD mode? Having to make a squad, get exactly 4 other people, get everyone's names, have everyone leave squad, invite everyone one by one to party, and then all get on the same instance of the map to get the prompt is so cumbersome and awful, people are reasonably not using LFG at all and opting to only play with friends, try to solo in private, or go into public and have the issues already mentioned above. If private mode is meant to be a throwback to 5man dungeons, the lfg function is already there. The only way I can imagine this made it live was a lack of playtesting.

I have complaints about masteries being locked behind timegates, major AP being locked behind extremely expensive weapon crafting (when I only want one or two of the skins organically), and how poorly conveyed player's next steps are once they finish the three dragon response missions for the story, but even basic gameplay functions like forming a group and fighting re-used enemies being bugged/neglected in the testing is beyond personal taste. It's just poorly executed even for players who might like this kind of content.I'm honestly embarrassed for anet over this patch. I get covid has thrown the workflow off and it's great the voice acting is in but this patch probably should have been pushed back until it was actually ready.

@"voltaicbore.8012" said:Of course, the stock answer is "hurdurr this be an mmo, go play with others." I did! The problem is on day one, people are already afk-ing these. Started with a group of 5, 2 immediately stopped moving in the starter area (just a few things here and there to beat the afk timer, perhaps) and stayed that way the rest of the time.

Start your own on LFG, with the tag no afk, if someone decides to be a rat in your party, kick them. Be heartless to them as they are heartless to making others do their work for them. I hate people who eat from the silver spoon, expecting people to do everything for them or to accept them not playing. If I personally see a player doing this, I'll block them and rename them with AFK'ER and remove them from every future party I make if they join.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@"voltaicbore.8012" said:Of course, the stock answer is "hurdurr this be an mmo, go play with others." I did! The problem is on day one, people are already afk-ing these. Started with a group of 5, 2 immediately stopped moving in the starter area (just a few things here and there to beat the afk timer, perhaps) and stayed that way the rest of the time.

Start your own on LFG, with the tag no afk, if someone decides to be a rat in your party, kick them. Be heartless to them as they are heartless to making others do their work for them. I hate people who eat from the silver spoon, expecting people to do everything for them or to accept them not playing. If I personally see a player doing this, I'll block them and rename them with AFK'ER and remove them from every future party I make if they join.

Won't work if doing the public instance which is probably what most players are doing the missions in.

Either this is not fixed in private instances with group size 1, i.e. solo, or the CMs need to clarify that they are intended for a larger group.

I did Metrica yesterday. I could only finish 2 of the pre events and had only the boss CM activated. The timer after beating the boss showed 52 minutes. This was with my thief with an open world build, esp. the heal on crit trait. Full zerker gear. Sure, with a pure DPS (raid?) build I should be able to lower that time somewhat. On the other hand I can solo Steel Forge (without CMs) in under 50 minutes with the same build. And that is not even supposed to be done solo! At least the DRMs are advertised as 1-5, the strike missions are not. Let me repeat: The whole 10 player Strike Mission is LESS of a sponge than that 1 player instance boss. And more interesting. The only real challenge of the DRM boss is to not fall asleep.

Ok this is weird.

I've just had a third run now at the Brisbane Wildlands Destroyer of the Crystal Fields with my Warrior. It is specced as per the Metabattle Fractal core bannerslave.

Now yesterday as I mentioned above this Boss took 17 minutes to kill on my Thief. Although I didn't time it on my Ranger it took ages, probably in excess of 15 minutes.

On my Warrior just now? It took 6 minutes.

These are all solo plays in a private instance. Now I know damage output varies by class/builds etc., but these time variations are just ???

Any explaination @Fire Attunement.9835

Does this affect the challenge mode bosses? The challenge mode for the normal enemies seem to scale fine but it doesn't look like the boss does.

Edit: I did the gendarran fields solo with the boss and enemy challenge and without the timer challenge and timed it, it usually has 22m timer from the start it took 25 min to solo so missed it by 3 minutes which includes 1 death that took about 1 minute to run back.