I hope Guild Hall decorations system will be used for Solo Player Housing in the future

Klakax.2596

Hello!

From what I've seen on Youtube videos, the Guild Hall Decorations system is actually amazing. I love how you can decorate a huge space of land with all the furniture and other cool items.

However, as I am more of a solo player, I will never be able to use this feature. Even if I would join a Guild, I believe only the Guild Leader would have fun with the decorations system.

This is why I would love to see a Player Housing for solo players with the same decorations system. I think it would actually be amazing.

I know that this topic has been mentioned a lot of times on the forums but I really hope we will get a player housing system in the next expansion.

What do you think? Is it possible we will get this feature in the future?

I shudder to think of the guild hall system being pasted over to individual housing. It's clunky, hard to place objects, impossible to 3D rotate objects, and prevents you from putting a number of things in close proximity. ANet has received a lot of feedback in the past on what makes for good housing; it is my fervent hope they have listened and are taking this long to give it to us because they are working up from scratch.

ESO housing is a shining example of how robust housing can be, how flexible, how creative. Even it has flaws, most lying in cost in gold/cash/mats being extremely high and item limits very low for the space given to fill, but GW2 guild halls are nowhere close to enough.

See other player housing threads through the years (you can search these forums for them, or check in the old forum archives) for deeper discussion.

I really hope that housing is on the table for cantha. If not, would be very nice, at least to have more racial decorations for guild halls:Not a lot of charr, asura, sylvari and norn ones currently. Most of them are human/elonian... So if no housing, more decorations diversity/update is apreaciated.

I hope that if they implement housing with the Guild decoration system as base, they also make the decorations scalable in size.

Housing would increase my time spent ingame. Implementing a „visiting“ option to see other houses as well as a templating function to save and share player houses could even create a community based around that, just like in PoE.

The resources could be spent here perfectly. I haven‘t seen any other „new“ system besides housing being suggested that appeals to me.

• Like 1

@Raknar.4735 said:

Housing would increase my time spent ingame. Implementing a „visiting“ option to see other houses as well as a templating function to save and share player houses could even create a community based around that, just like in PoE.But would it also increase the amount of real money that you spend on the game? That's what would ultimately drive the decision, IMO. I'm sure Anet cares about how much time player spend in the game, but I believe that they would rather player spend more money. If this is not the case, then I would appreciate resources being spent elsewhere. However, I am expecting housing to be in the expansion because what else would be enough of a hook to pull people into buying it?

Then, there will be additions to basic housing that will be in the gem store that everyone will whine about being too expensive, just like the mount skins.

• Confused 1

@kharmin.7683 said:

Housing would increase my time spent ingame. Implementing a „visiting“ option to see other houses as well as a templating function to save and share player houses could even create a community based around that, just like in PoE.But would it also increase the amount of real money that you spend on the game? That's what would ultimately drive the decision, IMO. I'm sure Anet cares about how much time player spend in the game, but I believe that they would rather player spend more money. If this is not the case, then I would appreciate resources being spent elsewhere. However, I am expecting housing to be in the expansion because what else would be enough of a hook to pull people into buying it?

Then, there will be additions to basic housing that will be in the gem store that everyone will whine about being too expensive, just like the mount skins.

Personally? Yes, I would spend real money on it. So yes, I would appreciate if resources were spent on housing.But it doesn't actually matter what you or I think about how resources should be spent.

It's the same with mounts: I couldn't care less about new mounts skins, as I don't buy any of them, yet others buy into them. The same will most likely be true for housing, where I'm one of the people that will spend money on it.

Saying that everyone will whine about prices is a bit much. Not everyone whined about the mount skins, I simply didn't care about the skins in the first place ;)

• Like 1

It's probably too late in the game's lifecycle to add player housing. But it would have been a great engine for driving sales on the gem store.

Look at the 'cash shops' of games like ESO and FFXIV. ESO to a large extent, and FFXIV to a minor extent use player housing as revenue sources for their cash shops.

Houses themselves for ESO - in key locations around the game world. Furniture, NPCs, crafting stations, vandors, and more are all things that could be sold for player homes.

The now dead MMO Wildstar even sold enough bits and pieces to construct your own buildings on your home parcel... and the only reason that game lasted a few years more than it did was all of the people who got into making and showing off their homes.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:But would it also increase the amount of real money that you spend on the game?

Well a lot of people buy cosmetic outfits, skins etc from the gem store and I believe a lot of people would buy housing decorations or even some house types from the gem store.

Personally I would probably spend some money on the mentioned cosmetic items.

• Like 1

@Klakax.2596 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:But would it also increase the amount of real money that you spend on the game?

Well a lot of people buy cosmetic outfits, skins etc from the gem store and I believe a lot of people would buy housing decorations or even some house types from the gem store.

Personally I would probably spend some money on the mentioned cosmetic items.

A lot of people farm gold to convert to gems to purchase cosmetics from the gem store. I don't know if this would increase the amount of actual cash that would be spent.