How to make GW2 a more realistic place.

Nabbut.7480

Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.To make things even worse more realistic, allow harvesting of nodes on the map only after buying gathering license which lasts until the change of maps with gold, or permanent license with gems, cost of said license calculated dynamically based on average TP worth of all map nodes.

It's a fantasy world, not realistic city.Though maybe some of these ideas could work if they had open world personal housing "taxes".but most likely instanced housing would be the way they go if they choose to expand on what they have and allow players to live in any home in tyria. then taxes would again be irrelevant.

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:A lot of people play games to get
away
from reality. For them, your suggestion would not be an improvement,The original post is a sarcastic joke thinly veiled as a serious suggestion.The purpose of said sarcastic joke is to make original poster enjoy his own dark sense of humour.

In other words, you are straight out saying that your thread had no point beyond self-satisfaction?

That's... honest, i will give you that at least.

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:A lot of people play games to get
away
from reality. For them, your suggestion would not be an improvement,The original post is a sarcastic joke thinly veiled as a serious suggestion.The purpose of said sarcastic joke is to make original poster enjoy his own dark sense of humour.

Then, consider that I was playing along.

@paShadoWn.5723 said:Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.To make things even worse more realistic, allow harvesting of nodes on the map only after buying gathering license which lasts until the change of maps with gold, or permanent license with gems, cost of said license calculated dynamically based on average TP worth of all map nodes.

The PVE community from my very short time being here is very toxic (more than Pvp) and can't take a joke. But ya, this post gave me a good laugh thanks.

@paShadoWn.5723 said:Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.To make things even worse more realistic, allow harvesting of nodes on the map only after buying gathering license which lasts until the change of maps with gold, or permanent license with gems, cost of said license calculated dynamically based on average TP worth of all map nodes.

Also, add medical bills for when your character gets treated or revived. And add a mandatory health insurance that does not cover the costs if your character needs extended medical support.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.To make things even
worse
more realistic, allow harvesting of nodes on the map only after buying gathering license which lasts until the change of maps with gold, or permanent license with gems, cost of said license calculated dynamically based on average TP worth of all map nodes.

The PVE community from my very short time being here is very toxic (more than Pvp) and can't take a joke. But ya, this post gave me a good laugh thanks.

All communities are more or less toxic so all you can do to avoid that is that you lock yourself into your house, cut all connections to the outside world and go sit on your bed, grab your legs and cradle yourself from side to side while humming calmingly to yourself as you fall to sleep. They can't be toxic in your dreams (i hope for your continued mental health).

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"paShadoWn.5723" said:Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.To make things even
worse
more realistic, allow harvesting of nodes on the map only after buying gathering license which lasts until the change of maps with gold, or permanent license with gems, cost of said license calculated dynamically based on average TP worth of all map nodes.

All communities are more or less toxic so all you can do to avoid that is that you lock yourself into your house, cut all connections to the outside world and go sit on your bed, grab your legs and cradle yourself from side to side while humming calmingly to yourself as you fall to sleep. They can't be toxic in your dreams (i hope for your continued mental health).

Indeed, what game has JusticeRetroHunter been playing if they think that GW2's pve community is abnormally "Toxic", would hate to see what'd happen to them if they were ever on something like CoD, LoL or even something like BDO. Kinda feel sorry for them.

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:healing skills that affect allies should require the ally to pay a monthly insurance. The caster gets a good amount of gold sent to them by email when they heal an ally, but most goes to their guildleader and officersAsura has universal healthcare (aka AsuraCare).

Funerals and mechanical limb replacements* are paid for by your college.

*Existing limbs may or may not be used for experiments, warranty void if accidental death occurs.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 @IndigoSundown.5419

Also, making a non-sarcastic reply, then later saying you were being sarcastic is not sarcasm lol

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870The original post is sarcasm, most of the reply's here to his post are not...then you have the ones that are kind of trying to be sarcastic but aren't as good as the OP's joke. Hell...i'm still the only one who upvoted the OP's post...and you think I'm the one that doesn't understand sarcasm? lol

This would be less realistic (and I hate using that term for a fantasy game, but you started it : P)

Taxes, realistically, would be applied to earnings and purchases.....and for all we know they are. The gold we receive from a mob might be the 'after tax' amount.

Guys, you're not even close. We need to hit two rocks with one stone. First - underwater armour is still underutilized. Second, we need something exciting to happen in the new expansion.

I propose the developers spawn a highly contagious disease in Cantha, which will naturally spread through Tyria quickly. The disease is more harmful the more birthday gift boxes a character has opened. The only way to avoid its effects? Putting on your underwater head gear.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:Replace daily gold reward with daily gold tax, amount based on highest character/mastery level on account.If an account goes bankrupt after tax deduction, suspend it but allow gem-to-gold conversion.To make things even
worse

Also, add medical bills for when your character gets treated or revived. And add a mandatory health insurance that does not cover the costs if your character needs extended medical support.

If i'm not mistaken in the first years you got to pay something every time you died in the game. It wasn't much but the medical bills were there. Same with broken equipment.