Can we please have gear requisition quests?

Nabbut.7480

based on the zero responses i'm going to assume the word "Quests" have scared people away. But doesn't HoT kinda have this. [Donate gear to npcs for rep er something?] Probably not what you mean though. But i wouldn't mind some "quests" added to the game. :D Like an archeology system or something. or more to questing->Hunt down special map champion monsters in sea caves&delves adding new content to old coremaps. And for profit sake - this could be sold in gemstore as unlocking this new content through purchase of "X living world" instead of getting with core tyria.

@Kelly.7019 said:But doesn't HoT kinda have this. [Donate gear to npcs for rep er something?]Okay some elaboration: beginning from starter areas, special NPC's would request player-worn equipment daily, based on the level and dominant race of an area, like Seraph requisitioning generic/Krytan weaponry. Rewards would be karma and something else special.That would make use out of leveling gear other than a salvage.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:Like in RIFT? Please?

You are probably getting nothing but crickets due to (apparently) some very specific request, which one would only understand if they understood "gear requisition quest" and "like in rift."

Those mean absolutely nothing to me.

That was going to be my comment. I've never played Rift and know very little about it so the initial post didn't mean anything to me except something to do with gear. I couldn't tell if this would be a way to get gear or tasks that involve providing it to NPCs, or something else entirely.

(Also going by the forum time stamps it was only about 22 minutes between the OPs first post and the one quoted below explaining the idea. This forum is pretty active but it's not so busy that it's unusual for a topic to go 20 minutes without a reply, especially when most of the Americans will be at work and it's the middle of the night in Australia.)

@paShadoWn.5723 said:

@"Kelly.7019" said:But doesn't HoT kinda have this. [Donate gear to npcs for rep er something?]Okay some elaboration: beginning from starter areas, special NPC's would request player-worn equipment daily, based on the level and dominant race of an area, like Seraph requisitioning generic/Krytan weaponry. Rewards would be karma and something else special.That would make use out of leveling gear other than a salvage.

This sounds like the Faction Provisioners, which were introduced with HoT. You trade them craftable weapons and armour (and some other items) in return for tokens, which can be used to buy unique items. But I think the stuff you can buy is mostly for legendary armour though, so I'm guessing they're not used very often by people who aren't working on that.

Maybe Anet could expand the range of items they accept, and the rewards available with tokens, to make it appealing to more people.