Can Charr please have larger mounts?

Swing.6439

Then Asura should have smaller mounts. Or smaller humans. Or larger mounts for larger Norn. Etc....

I don't think that the mounts were created in such a way as to allow them to be customized to the extent that many would like. Any change now would probably entail an entirely new structure with new skins and so on. Not discounting the request; just not seeing how it could be implemented without significant resource cost.

@Swing.6439 said:Title. I know that mounts scale with the character slider, but I really hate that on most mount skins I feel like my Charr is destroying the poor creature's spine. It would be nice to not look comical while mounted.

Yes, please! Playing even a very small charr, it feels like I'm stuck on the kiddy-mounts. On the ones that are naturally smaller, it begins to look a little absurd, too.

@kharmin.7683 said:Then Asura should have smaller mounts. Or smaller humans. Or larger mounts for larger Norn. Etc....

I don't think that the mounts were created in such a way as to allow them to be customized to the extent that many would like. Any change now would probably entail an entirely new structure with new skins and so on. Not discounting the request; just not seeing how it could be implemented without significant resource cost.

All they'd need is a weighted scalar based on the race, in addition to the value of the height slider, which presently is the only value used to determine the scale of a mount's model. You can test this by taking a tall asura (max slider) and a small charr (min slider), and having them mount up on a raptor next to each other.

Equally, this also shows that the mount models are only being scaled -- so there's no concern over meshes and animations.

one of the raptors (dreadnought) is specifically made for charr and its considerably thicker and bulkier than the other raptor mounts built for carrying charr.Some other mounts already look big and strong enough to hold charr with a few exceptions. The roller is probably the one i would complain about personally as all the saddles for most of the skins are way to small for charr.

Every other mount has skin options that i would say fit almost any charr.

I also wish some mounts were bigger too. It did not bother me for months were I stayed on my main. Then I decided to unlock other especs, logged on a human and used the jackal. Just looking at the other players, even for weeks, did not make realize how big it was supposed to be.At least some skins fit better. I feel like I am now used to it.

@Swing.6439 said:it isn't for roleplay it's just...it looks silly. :|

Well, maybe, but so does Norns on them as well.I kinda like it though, it would be weird if charr and norn rode on the same raptor 10x the size of an asuras...This way, you're sure they're all riding the same species, and since they are mounts, you can bet they were trained for actually carriyng people on their backs, so it's not weird looking to me.

As Kharmin has already stated, its probably too late to change how mounts work without a significant amount of work that I don't believe Anet is willing to even consider. But I do agree, the size of mounts shouldn't have been tied to the height scaler but to the race of the character. I don't like using some mounts with my Norn or Charr characters due to how stupid it looks, and has started to put me off using those characters.

I agree a Charr looks silly on a raptor but I am glad they do not scale with the big Races. They would be pretty huge, up to the point of annoying. I feel that my Human has the perfect size for my Raptor. He looks especially great on my Juggernaut, but I think that is about as large as Mounts should be, I often feel hesitant popping my Juggernaut in a crowd.

But if you are a char and want to look not so ridiculous on a raptor, buy the Juggernaut. :)

It's heartwarming at least to see so many people that agree with me. I was worried it was just me that it bothered, but after my boyfriend pointed it out I thought I should say something.I know Anet doesn't ever listen to its player base, otherwise we would have new hairstyles and new playable races already instead of the same repeatable story instance over and over (That is not going to make it to T4, by the way).But hey. At least the cash shop gets updated! Maybe they'll add a "mount slider" shop item or new hairstyles as a rare drop from chests!