Do We Get Skirmish Ticket Chests At Specific Time Intervals?

Chichimec.9364

As I'm working on legendary armor in WvW, skirmish tickets are one of my key goals. Generally I'll play once in the morning, then again in the evening, staying long enough each time to get two of the skirmish ticket chests. Sometimes it seems like I get two chests fairly quickly, in an hour or less. Other times it seems to take longer, from an hour and a half to two hours. What determines when we get those chests - specific time intervals, getting a set number of pips or something else entirely?

Pips are determined by your wvw rank, if you finished wood skirmish chests the previous week, your worlds position with current war score, and whether you are outnumbered. You cannot make skirmish chests go faster like you can with reward tracks with banners/buffs/infusion (outnumbered does give you a few extra pips so that does help make it go faster), so just make sure you max out participation to t6 all the time.

Those chests, and in the end skirmish tickets, only come from pips. You don't earn any unless you have at least tier 3 participation (killing people, defend events, etc). You will earn pips once every 5 minutes if your participation is high enough. Under the wvw menu, there is a section on the left called match overview. It shows you a "tick prediction" as to how many pips you will earn at the next "tick", which is just scored every 5 minutes. The number of pips required increases the higher reward level you are in. So, bronze for example, only takes 30 pips to complete each of the 4 levels of it (120 pips for all 4 bronze tiers). These can be seen under the "all rewards" section on that same tab. The higher the reward level, the more pips required each time.

Tickets cap at 365 a week, no other way to get them, so save tickets just for armor if you want to do legendary. You need to do the triumphant armor reward track at least 6 times to unlock each of the armor skin pieces. Which then let's you buy the ascended version of that armor. Which then, gets upgraded into the legendary version.The ascended and legendary steps both require tickets.

So I get the chest when I've earned enough pips for the next reward level. That's why it sometimes happens fairly quickly, when I'm getting a low level chest and then takes longer for the higher level chests. The time variance was confusing me. Thank you both for clearing that up for me. I appreciate it. Keeping my participation at t6 and continually plugging away at it seems like the way to go.

Thanks @DemonSeed.3528 I've looked at that page several times trying to sort out my confusion about the time variance. Somehow the simple concept that you received a chest when you earned enough pips to get it escaped me. Sometimes I miss the obvious thing staring me right in the face so it was good to have folks spell things out more clearly for me. :)

• 3 weeks later...