WvW Banners

Menzo.2185

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

A simple toy that’s easy to destroy and gives zero help to anything.

Hahahahaha... Like golems, right?

Golems can at least take down gates or walls decently. Although the car can do that too, its damage is tiny and slow. They are much easier to kill solo than golems... but I kill golems too.

I do actually recall a somewhat funny instance of up levels abusing certain stat increase mechanics (like empowered allies) on top of quickness and alacrity. It allowed the charr car to kill a t3 wall in less than a minute. I can't find the video right now though... unfortunate.

So you mean my 20 man guild won't have to fight 50+ man insecure guilds who run 4 DB's anymore? Nice. Sounds like a sound logical nerf. Banners are a defensive tacivtor used to defend an objective not get carried by. Took them long enough tbh but I am happy to see this change. All the blob guilds who relied on the banners will be crying here soon as well.

@"Menzo.2185" said:My irritation is not with the restriction itself, it is with the fact that Anet keep hears the whining of some and changes the design of an excellent game to please those who only know how to complain about new implementations. If we listen the whiners, we would not have the mounts, the glide, not even the desert map. Anet need to separate what needs to be done from what is just a child complaint.

They make like 3 changes every few months. There's no "hearing".

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@"Menzo.2185" said:My irritation is not with the restriction itself, it is with the fact that Anet keep hears the whining of some and changes the design of an excellent game to please those who only know how to complain about new implementations. If we listen the whiners, we would not have the mounts, the glide, not even the desert map. Anet need to separate what needs to be done from what is just a child complaint.

They make like 3 changes every few months. There's no "hearing".

So., you are ‘averaging’ right? ?

@Menzo.2185 said:Where's ArcDPS from Anet? Where's a bigger n more visible target arrow in the middle of battles? Where's a bigger mouse cursor; not yolo mouse? Where's the restriction on all tactics to only people with a guild tag and/or some higher wvw rank? Where are Flying Mounts, Shield Dome over the Towers and Keeps, Flying Mounted Veterans Defending the area; all the new and good PvE implementations? Where are the new WvW maps, bigger n better; or at least 1 new per year? Why we still have POI n Vistas on WvW? Where the Guild Leaderboard Rank to encourage guilds to play PPK n PPT more? I only see dumb things being done, according to minorities or some streamers with personal and bad ideas of what its good to this game.

New World n Ashes of Creation is coming!!!! Make this game great again. PLEASE Anet!

man u mix up so much stuff in disorder...

• the FPS and lags and disconnects are yet big enough for many people. having a built in-arcDps would make the game likely go fully pepega during battles.

• u cannot restrict guild only (u technically can with unboxing no global activation, but i am not telling you that u can do that) activation or high ranks really. can be a new account of a older player and who decides about the rank really? also there is enough trolls that are not on a new char, ergo having the needed rank likely.

• shield dome over towers is technically an okayish idea

• but flying veterans isn't that nice, the npc-guards would need to get cut to 1/3 of their current numbers if u make them stronger, i think they'd distrub players otherwise too much. also classes like ranger, thief, mesmer, engi with stealth/invisiblilty can abuse stronger mobs with non-better ai too much.

• flying mounts are absolute crazy, impossible for Wvw. people would find too many ways to cheese jumping into objectives with that, even if it'd be just a useless glide-kind of flying mount. it's yet not great that we have mounts, but last thing i'd want to see is more of them..

guilds or fighting performance isn't encouraged, leaderbords exist at gw2mists .de for example yet...

also, while u are technically correct that u CAN dodge banners often: it gets really hard when there's more then 2 banner roads within a limited space area. also, just because you can, doesn't mean the other 20 ppl next to you can. no idea why, but many people completely miss the roadfields for several seconds and by then it is too late.

Yes a broken mechanic, that can be stacked and spammed and can do half or more of the squads damage is fair and we should just dodge or block it.

Let us know when you're capable of rolling your face on the keyboard to play scourge, because you seem to be lacking the IQ to even do that.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Menzo.2185" said:"World vs. WorldTactic banners (Dragon Banner, Centaur Banner, Turtle Banner) are now restricted to the general area around the objective they are spawned in. Leaving the objective area while carrying a tactic banner will display a warning message, and failing to return to the objective area within the allocated time will destroy the banner."

Who came up with this dumb idea?It is the worst idea you could have had. You could nerf the dmg, you could restrict the number of banners/BL, you could have reduced the time from 15 to 10min and you could even have rework all the banners skills. But restrict the usage to the general area around the objective they are spawned in to, is the worst idea of the worst ideas. Why dont u remove it from the game... something that has been around here for 8 years?

I HATE IT!!!!!! PLEASE, turn back this decision!

**For those who loved this !@#! idea, please go play other games. Stop whining!!! Just dodge! Block! Don't stand in red circle. And please stop trolling Anet by making them believe that the majority of WvW players really want this dumb changes. Mounts are great, Glider too, Desert BL its one of the best maps. I want flying mounts too. Make this possible, think outside the box.

This game is about having as close to -0- fun as possible, obviously. Instead of dealing with the indestructible blobs insta-killing everyone, we get this stuff - one of the few viable counters. Another example of the stunning lack of imagination and technical expertise that permeates this game.

• Confused 1

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Why dont u remove it from the game... something that has been around here for 8 years?

That statement is false.

Though to be fair, it is the least wrong statement you made, as there are no true statements in your post.

That's not accurate. He did say he hates it. I'm pretty sure that's the only true thing in the OP.

@Menzo.2185 said:My irritation is not with the restriction itself, it is with the fact that Anet keep hears the whining of some

'some' like pretty much everyone but dragonbanner mains. Coms complaining, squadmates complaining, mapchat complaining...

dragonbanner was BAD. It was a huge power multiplier for the already winning side.

Would have been better to just remove them. But the restriction is good enough for me.

@Spook.5847 said:

@"Menzo.2185" said:"World vs. WorldTactic banners (Dragon Banner, Centaur Banner, Turtle Banner) are now restricted to the general area around the objective they are spawned in. Leaving the objective area while carrying a tactic banner will display a warning message, and failing to return to the objective area within the allocated time will destroy the banner."

Who came up with this dumb idea?It is the worst idea you could have had. You could nerf the dmg, you could restrict the number of banners/BL, you could have reduced the time from 15 to 10min and you could even have rework all the banners skills. But restrict the usage to the general area around the objective they are spawned in to, is the worst idea of the worst ideas. Why dont u remove it from the game... something that has been around here for 8 years?

I HATE IT!!!!!! PLEASE, turn back this decision!

**For those who loved this !@#! idea, please go play other games. Stop whining!!! Just dodge! Block! Don't stand in red circle. And please stop trolling Anet by making them believe that the majority of WvW players really want this dumb changes. Mounts are great, Glider too, Desert BL its one of the best maps. I want flying mounts too. Make this possible, think outside the box.

This game is about having as close to -0- fun as possible, obviously. Instead of dealing with the indestructible blobs insta-killing everyone, we get this stuff - one of the few viable counters. Another example of the stunning lack of imagination and technical expertise that permeates this game.

You mean the indestructible blobs that carried 3 banners and just steamrolled everything in their path because they had effectively infinite access to them? Banners aren't gone, you know. You can still use them against an attacking blob.