Thief, WvW, Zerg Support/Venom Share Build

I think that with this new update a viable venom share build can be created for the thief in WvW. I have a few ideas already but i also value the opinions of others and want to know what you think about this and if you have any improvements or ideas.

The idea of this build isn't damage, but utility in the form of immobilization, stun/interrupts, and poison to prevent healing. It uses high mobility weapon sets and utilities to keep up with the zerg and stay alive.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa0AUxrlRwUYLsE2JeSXbtXA-zVJYkhvMSpAiMECJDCSIkB-w

If I understand it right, this build has only 1 stun break and only mobility impairing condition remove on dodge? Compared to other builds that include roll for ini, shadow step, withdraw, acrobatic traits like hard to catch, this would be hard to handle imo. This build will not be regarded as meta (aka no guard in sub-group, or even no squad slot at all), so you won't get much stab and cleanse support. (EDIT: not sure how imortant shadow arts is for this build, maybe swap it for acro?)

As DD your major advantage usually is a ton of hard sustain (aka chaining evade frames), to just negate inc damage. So, going thoughness + vita seems to me like a little overload, and prolly won't even save you from getting killed after getting locked down.

If you want to focus on CCs, I wounder if you really need Condi damage gear. And the expertise to lenghten condi duration might be negated by engi cleanses (EDIT: obviously its not for lenghtening poison and condi damage, but for immob and chill, i see. But doesn't have an effect on the venom shared immob an chill, that your allies apply?). Hard to stack poison for the daze on choking gas imo. Just my personal impression ofc.

Bountiful theft (instead of trickster) and sleight of hands (instead of quick pockets) for more CC and single target stab strip could be a good option.

PS: one could also swap out Brawler's Tenacity and Unhindered Combatant for Bounding Dodger and Escapist's Fortitude. Thats prolly more condi cleanse, + additonal heal, + the dodge becomes a spamable leap finisher for water fields (heal), and lightning fields (WoD, static field, bulwark gyro) to bomb the bubble and leap finish into 1sec daze strike for even more CC.

Here are some problems with Venom share builds, you need a consistent group to actually use it. You also need to dedicate your skill bar and a traitline for it, leaving out other more important things. Is it usable, yes...is it useful....not really. There was a time that it was actually pretty effective for zerging and targeting commanders, especially when combined with necromancers.

• 1 year later...

late but i think that gerneral it could work against melee grps if you are in a consistent zerggrp by yourself. i would use ether pistol/dagger as 2nd or pistol/Pistol, i also think you should consider, that if you go on deadeye you can range the enemys easier with steal and the advantages of steal because for me it seems daredevil lives for melee and that is too squishi in zergfights.Greetings :)

@thomasgfrerer.3469 said:late but i think that gerneral it could work against melee grps if you are in a consistent zerggrp by yourself. i would use ether pistol/dagger as 2nd or pistol/Pistol, i also think you should consider, that if you go on deadeye you can range the enemys easier with steal and the advantages of steal because for me it seems daredevil lives for melee and that is too squishi in zergfights.Greetings :)

DD is perfectly fine for zerg fight, Vault will allow the DD to evade most of the damage and a Marauders build is tanky enough to stand the random damage you may get.

feel like anyone who thinks venom thief can be meta must have a very limited understanding of how the current zerg meta works

why else would anyone think chill venom would provide any value at all?

why would you play this as opposed to any other class? even imob druid is better, it has imob like this build but also AoE stealth, heals and condi clear for the group. this build just has a few venoms that have negligible effect...