Anybody else having a problem with progressing "Calm In The Storm"?

Cynder.2509

Talked to Camilla but nothing happens and also what allies should I gather? There's no marker on the map. If it's about the ones on the gathering table than it doesn't update either.Also 21 mastery points in total are needed for the new tracks but only 14 to 16 are available still in total if you've done all astery achievements so far and maxed out everything.Am I just too incompetend to progress the story or is this a bug?Edit because I needed to publish this fast in case someone already posted this at the same time: Is the story step only progressing with the next release? It seems like it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that it's definitely coming with the next release considering that there are not enough mastery points available plus no dialogue option for the NPCs stated in the story journal. There is this weird timer of six days for a special event. Maybe it's working kinda the same like with living story season 1.However some communication from the devs about this would be nice to clear the confusion.

@Valaraukar.7652 said:Yes, the story continue in the next chapter. Look the trailer, we have 3 zones with this chapter. (It is indicated in the trailer). ^^

The only things that i didn't understand it's the ebon achievement and actually i didn't see an ebon sellor at the eye of the north.

If you remember the npc for the chest from strikes, the colored gem npc changes weekly. Perhaps alike here.

The Bonus Event lasts 6 days. It seems to be working the same as the world Boss and Fractal rushes (complete events, spend currency to progress the bar), and there is even a 5 tier reward setup for the bonus event just like those two. The idea is to just keep doing the Dragon Response missions, earn the currencies and buy more stuff until the next drop. This is the (literal) Calm Before the Storm right now. Story-wise we are gathering allies and responding to the threats. Game play-wise we are running the events over and over until the next threat (chapter) emerges.

EDIT"In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play." -from the Official Announcement page https://guildwars2.com/en/news/the-icebrood-saga-champions/

This seems to back up the theory of the next part of Chapter 01: Truce will come after the 6 day timer expires.

My theory is that after the six days are up there will be crystal bloom npcs that you can take on missions. I assume that they'll bring some new feature or mechanic. It also looks like, depending on the amount of participation in the six day event, you will be able to get some sort of bonus rewards from a new vendor NPC that will appear with the crystal bloom contingent. So, I think you just need to do enough missions to earn five of the crystal bloom support crystals and spend them at the vendors. It's not clear to me whether obtaining and spending more crystals will give you higher tiers of rewards, or if those come with more participants.

Based on the image on the announcement page I'm guessing that a similar process will happen with an Ebonhawke contingent and an Awakened contingent. If so, the missions will evolve over the coming weeks to include new npcs. I would guess that there may be new missions as well, the graphic that showed outbreak locations had locations that weren't the current mission locations.

That's all my conjecture but it seems to fit with what we've seen and heard so far.

They could have explained all the game mechanics a bit more in depth instead of leaving us in the wind wondering if our story is bugged or what exactly we are suppose to do. The Dragon Responce Missions are kind of the new "story" strike missions and allegedly we will get bonus loot per tier and at the end of the 7 day countdown...the next phase, in my conspiracy theory opinion allegedly.

It progressed to T3 last when I checked. How do I claim the community goal reward? The event text says I need to see a specific NPC but I can't find such thing around there? Will the rewards be given all at the end of the event again or do we need to do it manually? I don't want to miss anything.

@Cynder.2509 said:It progressed to T3 last when I checked. How do I claim the community goal reward? The event text says I need to see a specific NPC but I can't find such thing around there? Will the rewards be given all at the end of the event again or do we need to do it manually? I don't want to miss anything.

After donating to the Crystal Bloom, talk to Lokka, an asura NPC with an icon above her head that looks sort of like a reddish mastery point, in the Eye of the North courtyard. I just did this and got the rewards for T1 and T2 as bouncy chests.

@mezuzel.4987 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:It progressed to T3 last when I checked. How do I claim the community goal reward? The event text says I need to see a specific NPC but I can't find such thing around there? Will the rewards be given all at the end of the event again or do we need to do it manually? I don't want to miss anything.

After donating to the Crystal Bloom, talk to Lokka, an asura NPC with an icon above her head that looks sort of like a reddish mastery point, in the Eye of the North courtyard. I just did this and got the rewards for T1 and T2 as bouncy chests.

Thank you. I'll check back to it right now quickly

@Cynder.2509 said:

You need to use your crystal bloom marks 5 of othem so buy 3 bloom boxes or 5 weapon recpies from the bloom npc and then you can claim them

@Linken.6345 said:

You need to use your crystal bloom marks 5 of othem so buy 3 bloom boxes or 5 weapon recpies from the bloom npc and then you can claim them

I already bought all the weapon recipes on day one and two after the release. Then I bought the axe skin and after that some boxes. Now I didn't buy anything as I got everything and I don't have luck with boxes but at least contributed to the event and still have 15+ of them left which I'll spend later for sure. I just need to decide on what I spend them next.Anyways, I checked with the NPC and got the T1 and 2 rewards.