Need help with Warrior in Fractals!

My main is Mesmer and geared for WvW, but i decided to run an alt for fractals because i enjoy that content, and i'll go bankrupt in WvW if i only play that mode.

I chose a Warrior since he's been powerleveled and "geared" so it was the cheapest option to just start with. Plus, i like the profession.Anyway, i'm hoving trouble finding my "place" with it.

I'm mostly geared with Soldier's and Berserker's and i unlocked the Berserker elite.Axe/Axe and Mace/Mace. Axes for DPS, maces have some CC so that's good.

I'm wondering - since my role is supposed to be DPS, and indeed i do have a lot of damage output (not the best yet obviously), am i supposed to also keep myself alive or is this other people's job?

Because, even with Soldier's gear that has vitality and toughness, and 26k HP i'm getting one shotted in T2 fractals. If i heal, i can only heal myself for 1k HP with a high cooldown. That's not nearly enough to survive anything. If i gear myself fully berserker, i'll get even less toughness and HP, how am i supposed to run fractals then? Yeah, dodges, but there's just 2 of them, and some bosses spam AOEs constantly, it's impossible to evade every last one. The easiest bosses for me are the ones with "raid tells" that way i can reposition myself and avoid damage altogether.

Something's not right here, i can't be THAT squishy, can i?And if i am, what use am i in a PUG group that can have random profession composition if i'm supposed to deal damage, but can't stay alive if someone doesn't heal me.

I don't understand how this works honestly, how am i supposed to run higher tier fractals, with just 1 heal that heals for 1k.And i know that heal's use is to refill the berserk bar, but that's damage dealing, not healing.

Should i look for more specialized groups? Because in PUGs i can do T2's but with a lot of dying (on everyone's part, not just mine), and it can sometimes be time consuming.I'm not aiming for challange fractal speedruns, just to eventually get to T4 so i can do them comfortably. I'm at T3 currently but i'm not running it because i need ascended gear, and i can only slot so much agony resistance in trinkets.

As a mesmer, i knew my role and was able to perform it well, be it support or condi damage, pulls and whatnot.I'm not sure what to do with warrior. Do i facetank bosses and hope someone helas me so i can do damage, or what?

I won't say what you are "supposed to" do since you can play however you'd like, but I will say that the norm (in T4s at least) is for the warrior to go full damage (normally some mix of berserker and assassin's) and for the group to have a dedicated healer. That being said, it is entirely possible to do fractals without a dedicated healer.

Without more specific details on what you are having trouble with, I can only make assumptions.

One possible issue is that you are taking a lot of unnecessary damage. A way to avoid this is by getting a better understanding of the mechanics for each fractal (maybe through practice or watching video guides on youtube.) I see a lot of people that get hit by the same mechanics that are easily avoidable when I do fractals. There are several fractals with one shot mechanics that some people fail to avoid. I also see people that stand in places they shouldn't stand (like giant red circles for example).

One possible issue is that your team does not stack well. Stacking does (at least) two useful things. One, it helps with boon and support sharing. If your team is altogether, boons and healings are easier to distribute amongst the group members. Two, it (normally) means that monsters will come to you, you will be able to hit more of them at once and they will die faster (meaning they have less time to hurt you).

Another possible issue (somewhat related to the stacking) is that your groups DPS is not very high, which means mobs have more time to kill you.

Either way, if I were you I would try to find groups with dedicated healers, I would drop the soldier's gear and go full berserker, and I would try to see what damage I am taking that I can avoid. Warrior is one of the more naturally tanky classes due to heavy armor and high health pool, so ideally a warrior would not have too much trouble surviving in a good group.

As far as building tankier goes, I would personally recommend against that. Normally tankier builds means that you will survive longer but do less damage, which in the long run will only prolong the inevitable wipe. Building tankier could also potentially reinforce any bad habits you have. (just as a note, I am not saying you can avoid ALL damage in fractals, but it is definitely possible to avoid enough damage to survive. To reinforce that point, here is a video of a player soloing a 99CM boss without taking any damage. Obviously this player is very experienced and practiced quite a bit, but the video is just to illustrate the possibilities. )

Either way, good luck. If you have a more specific question please post it.

Full zerker/assassin warrior has enough sustain for fractals, but it of course assumes that you and your team (1) are somewhat familiar with the mechanics, (2) you have enough agony resistance, (3) at higher tiers you are using fractal pots, (4) it generally helps at all tiers that you have someone healing. I have ran hybrid scourge at low tiers, as it gives some support for others and thus makes the runs much more convenient. I started to play warrior and guard more at high tiers, just because there you can assume some sort of support from team.

You shouldn't have a problem surviving as a warrior using full berserker gear. You take care of yourself at T2, you don't need a heal. You probably should look up some guide on youtube so you know how to play your class properly, it really helps. Warrior has great sustain and you don't need soldier's gear, you're better off going full zerk.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:My main is Mesmer and geared for WvW, but i decided to run an alt for fractals because i enjoy that content, and i'll go bankrupt in WvW if i only play that mode.

I chose a Warrior since he's been powerleveled and "geared" so it was the cheapest option to just start with. Plus, i like the profession.Anyway, i'm hoving trouble finding my "place" with it.

I'm mostly geared with Soldier's and Berserker's and i unlocked the Berserker elite.Axe/Axe and Mace/Mace. Axes for DPS, maces have some CC so that's good.Do Assassin's and Berserkers. Get your crit chance up so that Banners+Spotter+Fury puts you at 100%.I'm wondering - since my role is supposed to be DPS, and indeed i do have a lot of damage output (not the best yet obviously), am i supposed to also keep myself alive or is this other people's job?There should be at least one support that provides heals. This is to help you survive, but you are responsible for not dying to begin with. You should have Strength traited. You'll be getting 15 endurance per Burst attack. So dodge more often.Because, even with Soldier's gear that has vitality and toughness, and 26k HP i'm getting one shotted in T2 fractals. If i heal, i can only heal myself for 1k HP with a high cooldown. That's not nearly enough to survive anything. If i gear myself fully berserker, i'll get even less toughness and HP, how am i supposed to run fractals then? Yeah, dodges, but there's just 2 of them, and some bosses spam AOEs constantly, it's impossible to evade every last one. The easiest bosses for me are the ones with "raid tells" that way i can reposition myself and avoid damage altogether.1K healing? No warrior heal's initial heal is so low, Defiance Stance is 1.8k itself.Something's not right here, i can't be THAT squishy, can i?In FotM and Raids? Yeah you can be very f*cking squishy no matter how much Vitality and Toughness you have as a warrior.And if i am, what use am i in a PUG group that can have random profession composition if i'm supposed to deal damage, but can't stay alive if someone doesn't heal me.Dodge more. Use a better heal skill. Take Might Makes Right instead of Berserker's Power. But you are right in that dead DPS is 0 DPS.I don't understand how this works honestly, how am i supposed to run higher tier fractals, with just 1 heal that heals for 1k.And i know that heal's use is to refill the berserk bar, but that's damage dealing, not healing.Okay so Blood Reckoning is 3k base no 1k. It heals the most when you can DPS right afterwards, so don't use it when you are almost dead entirely, and use it when you have high damage skills available. Since you should be in Berserk Mode that means Decapitate for +30k damage per swing, which means 10k healing for you. That is pretty damn good healing.

Unless you meant "To The Limit!" which also gives adrenaline which is a 9.1k heal, still really great healing.

Should i look for more specialized groups? Because in PUGs i can do T2's but with a lot of dying (on everyone's part, not just mine), and it can sometimes be time consuming.Nah, keep playing and learning. As you go through the tiers you'll start to recognize the ppl who join the group and remember how to play with them.I'm not aiming for challange fractal speedruns, just to eventually get to T4 so i can do them comfortably. I'm at T3 currently but i'm not running it because i need ascended gear, and i can only slot so much agony resistance in trinkets.

As a mesmer, i knew my role and was able to perform it well, be it support or condi damage, pulls and whatnot.I'm not sure what to do with warrior. Do i facetank bosses and hope someone helas me so i can do damage, or what?More in depth here.

You should be either running Power Berserker Banners or just Power Berserker. I hate banners, and with a good group that isn't speed running they don't matter anyway. With a bad group that can't capitalize on the bonus stats they are wasted skills. So I prefer to have utilities that have an actual use on my bar.

This build is without banners and should function very well at all levels of FotM.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABcelnlRwuYOsFmJOyWetKA-zRJYiRPfpkZIkaEUbCURB450IgZAA-e

If you have problems with sustain then take Defiant Stance and Endure Pain. Use EP first since it is instant then before the effect wears off use Defiant Stance and stand in all the AoEs. Useful anywhere where you have to kite damage, or need to keep a boss standing in an AoE.

If you must absolutely run banners then do so.

Berserker DPS rotation is easy enough that you can do it while moving around to avoid attacks. If you take Endure Pain and Defiant Stance then you have 8 seconds where you can DPS to your heart's content and not die. Blood Reckoning in general is better since you have more control over it. Just remember that Strength is giving you a lot of endurance and you are already spamming a burst attack for your DPS. Headbutt->Outrage-> Dodge->F1->F1->dodge->Axe2->F1-> Axe4-> Axe 3-> F1 -> dodge ->Axe 5 -> F1 -> dodge... with more dodges more often if you take Might Makes Right instead of Berserker's Power.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:My main is Mesmer and geared for WvW, but i decided to run an alt for fractals because i enjoy that content, and i'll go bankrupt in WvW if i only play that mode.

I'm mostly geared with Soldier's and Berserker's and i unlocked the Berserker elite.Axe/Axe and Mace/Mace. Axes for DPS, maces have some CC so that's good.Do Assassin's and Berserkers. Get your crit chance up so that Banners+Spotter+Fury puts you at 100%.I'm wondering - since my role is supposed to be DPS, and indeed i do have a lot of damage output (not the best yet obviously), am i supposed to also keep myself alive or is this other people's job?There should be at least one support that provides heals. This is to help you survive, but you are responsible for not dying to begin with. You should have Strength traited. You'll be getting 15 endurance per Burst attack. So dodge more often.Because, even with Soldier's gear that has vitality and toughness, and 26k HP i'm getting one shotted in T2 fractals. If i heal, i can only heal myself for 1k HP with a high cooldown. That's not nearly enough to survive anything. If i gear myself fully berserker, i'll get even less toughness and HP, how am i supposed to run fractals then? Yeah, dodges, but there's just 2 of them, and some bosses spam AOEs constantly, it's impossible to evade every last one. The easiest bosses for me are the ones with "raid tells" that way i can reposition myself and avoid damage altogether.1K healing? No warrior heal's initial heal is so low, Defiance Stance is 1.8k itself.Something's not right here, i can't be THAT squishy, can i?In FotM and Raids? Yeah you can be very f*cking squishy no matter how much Vitality and Toughness you have as a warrior.And if i am, what use am i in a PUG group that can have random profession composition if i'm supposed to deal damage, but can't stay alive if someone doesn't heal me.Dodge more. Use a better heal skill. Take Might Makes Right instead of Berserker's Power. But you are right in that dead DPS is 0 DPS.I don't understand how this works honestly, how am i supposed to run higher tier fractals, with just 1 heal that heals for 1k.And i know that heal's use is to refill the berserk bar, but that's damage dealing, not healing.Okay so Blood Reckoning is 3k base no 1k. It heals the most when you can DPS right afterwards, so don't use it when you are almost dead entirely, and use it when you have high damage skills available. Since you should be in Berserk Mode that means Decapitate for +30k damage per swing, which means 10k healing for you. That is pretty kitten good healing.

Unless you meant "To The Limit!" which also gives adrenaline which is a 9.1k heal, still really great healing.

Should i look for more specialized groups? Because in PUGs i can do T2's but with a lot of dying (on everyone's part, not just mine), and it can sometimes be time consuming.Nah, keep playing and learning. As you go through the tiers you'll start to recognize the ppl who join the group and remember how to play with them.I'm not aiming for challange fractal speedruns, just to eventually get to T4 so i can do them comfortably. I'm at T3 currently but i'm not running it because i need ascended gear, and i can only slot so much agony resistance in trinkets.

As a mesmer, i knew my role and was able to perform it well, be it support or condi damage, pulls and whatnot.I'm not sure what to do with warrior. Do i facetank bosses and hope someone helas me so i can do damage, or what?More in depth here.

You should be either running Power Berserker Banners or just Power Berserker. I hate banners, and with a good group that isn't speed running they don't matter anyway. With a bad group that can't capitalize on the bonus stats they are wasted skills. So I prefer to have utilities that have an actual use on my bar.

This build is without banners and should function very well at all levels of FotM.

If you have problems with sustain then take Defiant Stance and Endure Pain. Use EP first since it is instant then before the effect wears off use Defiant Stance and stand in all the AoEs. Useful anywhere where you have to kite damage, or need to keep a boss standing in an AoE.

Berserker DPS rotation is easy enough that you can do it while moving around to avoid attacks. If you take Endure Pain and Defiant Stance then you have 8 seconds where you can DPS to your heart's content and not die. Blood Reckoning in general is better since you have more control over it. Just remember that Strength is giving you a lot of endurance and you are already spamming a burst attack for your DPS. Headbutt->Outrage-> Dodge->F1->F1->dodge->Axe2->F1-> Axe4-> Axe 3-> F1 -> dodge ->Axe 5 -> F1 -> dodge... with more dodges more often if you take Might Makes Right instead of Berserker's Power.

Well the low healing can be becouse of low agony resistance as other posted pointed out.

Agony is an effect unique to Fractals of the Mists that removes a percentage of the player's health every 3 seconds and reduces healing received by 70% (regardless of stacks). It is not affected by condition removal, but the damage received can be mitigated using infusions that grant Agony Resistance.

@"knite.1542" said:I won't say what you are "supposed to" do since you can play however you'd like, but I will say that the norm (in T4s at least) is for the warrior to go full damage (normally some mix of berserker and assassin's) and for the group to have a dedicated healer. That being said, it is entirely possible to do fractals without a dedicated healer.

Without more specific details on what you are having trouble with, I can only make assumptions.

One possible issue is that you are taking a lot of unnecessary damage. A way to avoid this is by getting a better understanding of the mechanics for each fractal (maybe through practice or watching video guides on youtube.) I see a lot of people that get hit by the same mechanics that are easily avoidable when I do fractals. There are several fractals with one shot mechanics that some people fail to avoid. I also see people that stand in places they shouldn't stand (like giant red circles for example).

Well i did fractals a lot, i know the mechanics, but the change in profession mechanics are i think giving me more trouble. Probably still have some "muscle memory" or at least "tactics" of a Mesmer. Warrior is completely different in how to run fractals, or indeed deal with some of the mechanics. For instance, as a Mirage, i would just facetank AOEs, mirror at the right time, which gave me ambush skills on top of a dodge and Mirage doesn't move when you dodge. Plus, they had the "F4 dodge" in case i needed it. I'm "re learning" that dodging on a Chronomancer as well, i mean it's not rocket science, but it still catches me off guard sometimes. The same way i got used to mirrors i'll get used to normal dodges again, because when i first played Mirage, it was so weird that you can "dodge in place" lol.

One possible issue is that your team does not stack well. Stacking does (at least) two useful things. One, it helps with boon and support sharing. If your team is altogether, boons and healings are easier to distribute amongst the group members. Two, it (normally) means that monsters will come to you, you will be able to hit more of them at once and they will die faster (meaning they have less time to hurt you).

This might be the case, in the bosses that i was having most trouble is when wipes happened and people were scattered. It definitely helps when you're all booned out, then it's entirely possible for me to stand near a boss and just dodge or reposition myself when an AOE shows up, even if i have to tank a few hits.

Another possible issue (somewhat related to the stacking) is that your groups DPS is not very high, which means mobs have more time to kill you.

Well this is definitely the case as i have yet to find Berserker's equipment. I'm doing armor reward tracks in WvW, i'll get there eventually.

Either way, if I were you I would try to find groups with dedicated healers, I would drop the soldier's gear and go full berserker, and I would try to see what damage I am taking that I can avoid. Warrior is one of the more naturally tanky classes due to heavy armor and high health pool, so ideally a warrior would not have too much trouble surviving in a good group.

As far as building tankier goes, I would personally recommend against that. Normally tankier builds means that you will survive longer but do less damage, which in the long run will only prolong the inevitable wipe. Building tankier could also potentially reinforce any bad habits you have. (just as a note, I am not saying you can avoid ALL damage in fractals, but it is definitely possible to avoid enough damage to survive. To reinforce that point, here is a video of a player soloing a 99CM boss without taking any damage. Obviously this player is very experienced and practiced quite a bit, but the video is just to illustrate the possibilities. )

Either way, good luck. If you have a more specific question please post it.

I'll try that. It's true, if i don't kill stuff fast enough, they have more time to kill me, then none of my defence will matter anyway. When i can, i'll switch to berserker's. Maybe i'll get an ascended armor drop or two in Fractals, then i'll change it to Berserker's with the Mystic Forge. In the meantime, since i don't plan on doing T3 just yet, i have enough AR to do half of the T3 and full T2.

@Kreed.2768 said:Are you using fractal potions? You want to at least run a full stack of the defensive one, because that's a lot of damage reduction.

I didn't use potions, but now that you mention it, yeah, i really should, it's not like i'm saving them fro anything lol. Thanks!> @Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

@Veprovina.4876

Did you check if you have enough agony resistance?

I have enough for half of T3 fractals, and i'm doing T2. Agony resistance is not a problem here, my playing is i think lol. :tongue:

@TamX.1870 said:Full zerker/assassin warrior has enough sustain for fractals, but it of course assumes that you and your team (1) are somewhat familiar with the mechanics, (2) you have enough agony resistance, (3) at higher tiers you are using fractal pots, (4) it generally helps at all tiers that you have someone healing. I have ran hybrid scourge at low tiers, as it gives some support for others and thus makes the runs much more convenient. I started to play warrior and guard more at high tiers, just because there you can assume some sort of support from team.

That might be true, higher tiers will have gotten to that point by knowing what to do, and they'll probably have more optimal compositions even if they're PUGs. In lower tiers, even though they're easier, the people still don't know what to do a lot of the time, and are scattered more, making it actually harder to play. Weird lol. :tongue:But until i get more AR, i can't do higher tiers, so for now it's i think better to practice in T2 where i get to practice me staying alive even if the circumstances aren't ideal. That way, if anything goes wrong in higher fractals, i can probably be prepared for it.

@sitarskee.5738 said:

You shouldn't have a problem surviving as a warrior using full berserker gear. You take care of yourself at T2, you don't need a heal. You probably should look up some guide on youtube so you know how to play your class properly, it really helps. Warrior has great sustain and you don't need soldier's gear, you're better off going full zerk.

Can you recommend a video? If not that's fine, i'll definitely look up some guides.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:My main is Mesmer and geared for WvW, but i decided to run an alt for fractals because i enjoy that content, and i'll go bankrupt in WvW if i only play that mode.

I'm mostly geared with Soldier's and Berserker's and i unlocked the Berserker elite.Axe/Axe and Mace/Mace. Axes for DPS, maces have some CC so that's good.Do Assassin's and Berserkers. Get your crit chance up so that Banners+Spotter+Fury puts you at 100%.I'm wondering - since my role is supposed to be DPS, and indeed i do have a lot of damage output (not the best yet obviously), am i supposed to also keep myself alive or is this other people's job?There should be at least one support that provides heals. This is to help you survive, but you are responsible for not dying to begin with. You should have Strength traited. You'll be getting 15 endurance per Burst attack. So dodge more often.Because, even with Soldier's gear that has vitality and toughness, and 26k HP i'm getting one shotted in T2 fractals. If i heal, i can only heal myself for 1k HP with a high cooldown. That's not nearly enough to survive anything. If i gear myself fully berserker, i'll get even less toughness and HP, how am i supposed to run fractals then? Yeah, dodges, but there's just 2 of them, and some bosses spam AOEs constantly, it's impossible to evade every last one. The easiest bosses for me are the ones with "raid tells" that way i can reposition myself and avoid damage altogether.1K healing? No warrior heal's initial heal is so low, Defiance Stance is 1.8k itself.Something's not right here, i can't be THAT squishy, can i?In FotM and Raids? Yeah you can be very f*cking squishy no matter how much Vitality and Toughness you have as a warrior.And if i am, what use am i in a PUG group that can have random profession composition if i'm supposed to deal damage, but can't stay alive if someone doesn't heal me.Dodge more. Use a better heal skill. Take Might Makes Right instead of Berserker's Power. But you are right in that dead DPS is 0 DPS.I don't understand how this works honestly, how am i supposed to run higher tier fractals, with just 1 heal that heals for 1k.And i know that heal's use is to refill the berserk bar, but that's damage dealing, not healing.Okay so Blood Reckoning is 3k base no 1k. It heals the most when you can DPS right afterwards, so don't use it when you are almost dead entirely, and use it when you have high damage skills available. Since you should be in Berserk Mode that means Decapitate for +30k damage per swing, which means 10k healing for you. That is pretty kitten good healing.

This build is without banners and should function very well at all levels of FotM.

I don't know how to quote multiple quote layers so i'm gonna write everything like this...

Thank you for the build and your recommendations!You're right about the heal, i've looked it up, how to use it, and i've been using it wrong! That's why i've gotten such low healing out of it!And it yeah, probably wasn't 1k, but it looked like it healed for almost nothing. But seeing as how i have more HP than i would with berserker, the amount healed looked lower since the HP bar didn't go up as much.

I'll definitely try the no banners build as well! Thanks!I've also been using my DPS wrong, from what i googled after i wrote this, it mainly consists of axe spam, i've been switching my weapons. No wonder i was having problems.

@Linken.6345 said:

Well the low healing can be becouse of low agony resistance as other posted pointed out.

No, Agony resistance is fine. I've extracted all my +9's out of my mesmer Gear and Slotted them into the Warrior's trinkets. For T2 you don't really need more than that. I can go up to half of T3 with what i have right now. I also used the infused versions from before i was running berserker's on my Mesmer so they have even more slots, all full of +9's.

Thank you all for your responses! I have a better idea of my role and how to do it!

@Veprovina.4876 said:I don't know how to quote multiple quote layers so i'm gonna write everything like this...When you quote them go into the line break. Either delete the leading '>' or put a new line in. You can see how I did it if you look at my 'quote' when you quote me back.Thank you for the build and your recommendations!NP. I try numerous builds just to tinker and have fun, which helps in making recommendations to people.You're right about the heal, i've looked it up, how to use it, and i've been using it wrong! That's why i've gotten such low healing out of it!And it yeah, probably wasn't 1k, but it looked like it healed for almost nothing. But seeing as how i have more HP than i would with berserker, the amount healed looked lower since the HP bar didn't go up as much.

I'll definitely try the no banners build as well! Thanks!I've also been using my DPS wrong, from what i googled after i wrote this, it mainly consists of axe spam, i've been switching my weapons. No wonder i was having problems.For Power Berserker with Axe the DPS rotation is simple. Get into Berserk Mode ASAP. With Brave Stride you can just hit Headbutt for an initial spike then hit Outrage then double tap F1. From there you preference Axe 5, Axe 2+Axe 3, Axe 4 + Axe 3, AA chain, with F1s in between. Use Outrage and Headbutt on cooldown to extend Berserk Mode. When in Berserk Mode F1 takes precedence over anything else, so interrupt the AA Chain as soon as you have adrenaline for an F1. Outside of Berserk Mode the rotation is the same but do not interrupt the AA Chain. All those F1s will give you lots of Endurance from Building Momentum, so do not be shy about dodging before an F1 or after.

I will just add here, that as soon as you get to tier 4 fractals your life will become easier as you will have easier time to find somewhat viable groups (hfb and alac). So unironically t3 might be much harder than a t4.Another thing is, that heal is not much necessary everywhere, BUT boons are. Normally healers give boons, that's why ppl still play with healers, and it is more rare to find a group with full boons and no heals outside high kp CM groups (it also requires perfect knowledge of mechanics and fairly high dps). So for now stick to healers, try getting a healer to your group. If you see your group lacks fury and might it is definitely worth taking the utility "For Great Justice!" for some group support. It is 100% worth it if you don't have 25 might at all times.For groups of mobs and fast skips I sometimes use greatsword too (not mandatory at all).. It is quite handy in t4s to cleave mobs and swap back to axes/maces on bossfights.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"sitarskee.5738" said:

Can you recommend a video? If not that's fine, i'll definitely look up some guides.

, this is the first one that pops up when you type it in youtube and it's relevant. Learning berskerker rotations and skills is very easy compared to other classes. You basically spam Decapitate and try to get as many as possible while in Berserker mode. Your main weapons are Axe/Axe and when you DPS you stay on it most of the time, you only need Maces as second weapons when you need heavy CC for certain fights. You also bring banners to the table but they are not needed in lower tier fractals.