Response Missions: barely time to loot final reward chest! (due to instance owner leaving)

Ashantara.8731

This needs to be fixed: some instance owners are selfish and leave as soon as they have opened the final reward chest, making it impossible for others to grab their rewards from the chest in time as the map closes as soon as they leave.

I just got mine in the last split second before the map closed and I was teleported back to the EotN. That's unacceptable, to have 4 players depend on the "mercy" of the fifth player. Many kids that you encounter in online games these days are super impatient and often deliberately mean, so this is not a fair status quo.

@blp.3489 said:If you are playing with strangers anyway, why not use the public mode, there isn't any time limit before close on those, or at least I have hung around for fairly long periods after the fight was over.

When you are going for Gold, public mode is not the smartest option. ;)

There really shouldn't be a time limit anyway, they should change it. This is not the Home Instance but a mission with rewards at the end. Everyone should have sufficient time to pick them up.

I still remember this from the early stages of the game, when dungeon instances had "owners" and everyone got booted from the dungeon, if the owner left the party or got kicked.

I can't fathom why Arenanet would reintroduce that system, when they successfully fixed it for dungeons.

@blp.3489 said:If you are playing with strangers anyway, why not use the public mode, there isn't any time limit before close on those, or at least I have hung around for fairly long periods after the fight was over.Actually, there is a time limit.There is a 16 or 17 minutes timer after the boss died, before the map closes.

@"Fueki.4753" said:I still remember this from the early stages of the game, when dungeon instances had "owners" and everyone got booted from the dungeon, if the owner left the party or got kicked.

I can't fathom why Arenanet would reintroduce that system, when they successfully fixed it for dungeons.

@blp.3489 said:If you are playing with strangers anyway, why not use the public mode, there isn't any time limit before close on those, or at least I have hung around for fairly long periods after the fight was over.Actually, there is a time limit.There is a 16 or 17 minutes timer after the boss died, before the map closes.

They should have done it the other way around public when people who kill boss loot chest instance is closed no more afkers at start.Private partys have 17m to do with ever at end of mission.

@Randulf.7614 said:Does feel a little like they didn't really test this properly to see what issues would occur. First the lfg problems, now the looting problem.

I think I'll stick with doing gold on public or just holding off completely until they rethink all this and add in some fixes and reworks

You cant do gold on public since you cant activate the challenge motes.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Does feel a little like they didn't really test this properly to see what issues would occur. First the lfg problems, now the looting problem.

I think I'll stick with doing gold on public or just holding off completely until they rethink all this and add in some fixes and reworks

You cant do gold on public since you cant activate the challenge motes.

Hmm I could have sworn my last gold was public. Guess I somehow got into private and didn’t even pay attention

edit: ah yes we left and got reinvited to a private. Now I remember

@sitarskee.5738 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:I still remember this from the early stages of the game, when dungeon instances had "owners" and everyone got booted from the dungeon, if the owner left the party or got kicked.

I am pretty sure it wasn't intended this time though. They wouldn't do such silly thing purposefully.

They used the wrong template for the Champions LFG tab, since they used the one for squads instead of one for groups.I wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally chose the wrong iteration of the dungeon system as well.

Yes. I was shocked when I realized this and was thinking to myself, "If this was a problem related to party-sized content rather than squad-sized, then why do dungeons have no instance owner? Makes no sense."

I hope this will get fixed pronto.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@DirtyDan.4759 said:DRM is personal story and they use personal story group system. What you are experiencing is not a bug, it's a feature.

Nonsense. Dungeons work the same way but do not have an instance owner. This is
definitely
not how it's meant to be.

Dungeons are dungeons. Personal story is personal story. DRM are integrated into the personal story. Easy as that.

@Tukaram.8256 said:When the map closes, you should get a treasure box on the side of the screen with any of your uncollected loot. It seriously could not be that hard to code into the game. It already exists in other parts of the game.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure strikes use a similar tech. I know when I forgot to loot a chest, I got a mail with a chest or something saying I'd left it behind

@blp.3489 said:If you are playing with strangers anyway, why not use the public mode, there isn't any time limit before close on those, or at least I have hung around for fairly long periods after the fight was over.you cannot activate cms in public mode

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I did a CM run and the instance was still open 10 seconds after the instance owner left. I'm not sure how much longer it would have gone as I left at that time. This is more than enough time to loot the chest. That's not saying that the instance couldn't be held open for additional time,unless the person has to res and go grab the chest

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I did a CM run and the instance was still open 10 seconds after the instance owner left. I'm not sure how much longer it would have gone as I left at that time. This is more than enough time to loot the chest.

Like I said, in my case it closed a split second after the owner left. Besides, if you are a newbie and don't know where the chest is going to spawn, ten seconds might still not be enough for you to grab the loot.

@DirtyDan.4759 said:Dungeons are dungeons. Personal story is personal story. DRM are integrated into the personal story. Easy as that.

1. So you are all for people being deprived of their final reward if they aren't able to respond fast enough?
  2. As someone else already explained, dungeons used to close immediately as well back when they still had instance owners - it was changed (for the better). So why are you so much against ANet correcting this issue for DRMs? I don't understand.

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I did a CM run and the instance was still open 10 seconds after the instance owner left. I'm not sure how much longer it would have gone as I left at that time. This is more than enough time to loot the chest. That's not saying that the instance couldn't be held open for additional time,unless the person has to res and go grab the chest

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I did a CM run and the instance was still open 10 seconds after the instance owner left. I'm not sure how much longer it would have gone as I left at that time. This is more than enough time to loot the chest.

Like I said, in my case it closed a split second after the owner left. Besides, if you are a newbie and don't know where the chest is going to spawn, ten seconds might still not be enough for you to grab the loot.

I did a run this morning and the instance closed quicker than I expected. I usually see the prompt that the instance owner left and that the instance will close shortly but there's usually enough time. I don't see any harm in there being a guaranteed thirty to sixty seconds before an instance closes or just make the chests auto-loot.