Does the Vermilion Blaze Greatsword Skin Cause Huge Frame Drops Like the Backpack & Glider?

Josiah.2967

As the Vermilion Wings Backpack & Glider wreck havoc on our framerate, does the greatsword have the same impact?

I am still bitter about spending some much $$$ on wings I do not use because I use 20-40 frames by having them equipped. My frames drop every time I see other players with them as well. I don't want to buy another item I wouldn't use because it comes with a huge performance hit. That purchase has really soared my purchasing habits. I really hope the greatsword addresses that issue.

@Mil.3562 said:I have 5 of my characters equipped with the Vermilion Wings backpack and never before I notice any drop in frame rates. On the other hand, those Skyscales presence lag my gameplay so much that my screen regularly stutters and freezes for one to two seconds when a few of them are around.

try around with a few mesmer clones, you will for sure notice it

Well, i can confirm that you lost fps with wearing vermilion wings (you can see it with a preview of the character too by exemple).

BUT i think that it's normal because these wings seems have more polygon (their animation is more fluid than other wings, more details too) and so more polygon = more fps using and so some drop.

It's like when you use some mods for game as polyhead mods. You will lost some fps and can depend of your computer for that of course.

About the sword, seems that they aren't massive drop of fps maybe just one or two (still with using the preview pannel).

@Valaraukar.7652 said:Well, i can confirm that you lost fps with wearing vermilion wings (you can see it with a preview of the character too by exemple).

BUT i think that it's normal because these wings seems have more polygon (their animation is more fluid than other wings, more details too) and so more polygon = more fps using and so some drop.

It's like when you use some mods for game as polyhead mods. You will lost some fps and can depend of your computer for that of course.

About the sword, seems that they aren't massive drop of fps maybe just one or two (still with using the preview pannel).

Thank you that is very helpful. What kind of drops did you see as a comparison. I have had up to 80 frames drops from just having the wings equipped alone. None of the other back piece impact my frame rate.

I'm currently on a i10900k (OC), 3080, 32 GB Ram.

There is a great chance I replace Exordium with the new weapon.

@Valaraukar.7652 said:Vermilion wings in preview pannel = 5-6 fps dropVermilion Blaze Greatsword Skin in preview pannel = 1-2 fps drop

Running at between 40-50 fps in elona in almost all high in graphic option at Lily of the Elon.

Amd ryzen 5 2600x, 16 gb ram and msi gtx 1080 8gb

Thank you. That was extremely helpful. I wish their was a good way to tested it without investing in something I may or may not use. I think the higher the frame rate, the more drastic the frame rate drop is for the wings. I personally can not play a game below 60 frames.