Nerf Mesmer pull

Nimon.7840

@Chasind.3128 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:Mesmer pulls don't need a nerf.

To actually pull someone from a ledge, you have to place the pull correctly and it's easy to dodge and easily countered.It's not really an issue if you play smart and learn to place your siege. Also, siege fighting xDIt's a L2P issue.

Have you ever tried to teach a monkey how to play???? It would probably be as a hard (or harder) than teaching a tarnished coast siege humper how to play brah, all the do is get on AC press 1111111 that is all what their gaming capabilities allow em to do. lets nerf everything in the game just leave 1 skills so this people can actually be on par with the normal players pls ty.

I can't agree more lol, All of the pve casuals are in TC and try to WvW and protect their precious siege then complain when someone nukes them because they never learned how to dodge

Lets not be talking down on TC. They may not be the best players but they defend their stuff like zealots.

It's a wall issue. The walls in this game are not functional, in that they don't protect the defenders in the same way a real castle wall would. My suspicion is, that there was not enough research on the topic of medieveal/early modern period fortifications. Since everyone has a rough idea what a castle looks like. Most of the tower and fortress designs are not even bad as far as the layout is considered.

But there are some things amiss. There are no proper parapets, they should be chest high (german "Brustwehr"), while the murlons shoud be a man's height. The murlons and crenels would form a proper battlement. There may also be arrow slits nested within the murlon to allow defenders to shoot from relative safety, while embrasures would allow siege engines (cannons) to be fired from the protection of the battlements. Pulling someone over a man high obstacle would then require coordination.Also, some walls, tier 3 in game's terms can have machicolations, which allow defenders to attack enemies, who are at the foot of the wall.

In game there are no murlons and the parapet is ankle high, or knee high for Asura. This does not give any protection to the defenders, to the point that anyone standing on the wall may aswell put a target sign above his head.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:List of places other mesmers can "pull" me out of the tower regularly.
  1. bottom of the stairs
  2. the ground behind the wall

That's a description of a problem with the collision-attributes of static objects (e.g. walls or gates). The mesmer pull is incidental.

Let's see if I was a Dev would I rather,A:) Dive into the collision system

It's not the collision system; it's a few particular walls or gates. Identify the locations from where you think a pull should not be possible, use /bug or a support ticket to let ANet know. It will get fixed.

B:) Alter the one skill causing an issue. (which some players don't like anyway)The skill isn't causing the issue that's been reported above. It's entirely incidental to the problem, as described.

Besides which, it's already been nerfed substantially since launch, it can't be spammed, it has a long ramp up, and it can be countered by stability and by choosing positions that aren't vulnerable to pull (except, perhaps, from a few that are bugged).

In other words, it seems more likely that devs would rather fix bugs (that might cause other issues) than to revamp a skill (that lots of people do like).

@DeWolfe.2174 said:Mesmer pull when spammed was barely tolerable a couple years ago. Now, after PoF, it's really not that tolerable any longer. There's simply been far too much visual and sound effect spamming that's been added to the game, especially from Scourges. The effects completely drown out and conceal Temporal Curtain's usage.

For a moment we'll assume your premise, how is that an issue with temporal curtain. Also, when was it spammable?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:List of places other mesmers can "pull" me out of the tower regularly.
  1. bottom of the stairs
  2. the ground behind the wall

That's a description of a problem with the collision-attributes of static objects (e.g. walls or gates). The mesmer pull is incidental.

Let's see if I was a Dev would I rather,A:) Dive into the collision system

It's not the collision
system
; it's a few particular walls or gates. Identify the locations from where you think a pull should not be possible, use /bug or a support ticket to let ANet know. It will get fixed.

B:) Alter the one skill causing an issue. (which some players don't like anyway)The skill isn't causing the issue that's been reported above. It's entirely incidental to the problem, as described.

Besides which, it's already been nerfed substantially since launch, it can't be spammed, it has a long ramp up, and it can be countered by stability
and
by choosing positions that aren't vulnerable to pull (except,
perhaps
, from a few that are bugged).

In other words, it seems more likely that devs would rather fix bugs (that might cause other issues) than to revamp a skill (that lots of people do like).

Then you have to report a bug an almost every freaking centimetre of all walls in wvw. LoL

To all the people saying get off siege and fight, my response is stop hiding behind your numbers. Every single time a solo player attacks a structure, I jump out and fight them. It's just as "cowardly" to hide behind numbers as it is to hide behind walls. I'll concede that it's more cowardly to hide behind both simultaneously.

@Emprer.7256 said:lmao who is hinding behind numbers? Not sure what you on about. If I curtain pull you I'm right in front of you. Try getting me next time.

I think they are referring to how quick some mesmers are when pulling to retreat to their group to force a 1v20. I dont see the pull often but when I do, 8/10 times they do hide in their group after. (other 2 times I down them before they can. Never seen a solo/duo roaming mesmer do this)

Got it. Well I can only speak for myself but that's not what I do. I do that with or without the numbers. I just think pretty much 1. it's usually a big tell if someone plans on pulling 2. if anyone gets pulled out of the wall/to the edge, they should have enough defensive utilities to get back in before they die. They are also spots that prevent you from getting pulled out completely and vets pretty much know how not to get pulled when they are on siege. People I get are always noobs. If they think focus 4 needs a nerf then I can only agree to disagree.

• 2 years later...

No.

There is a huge tell, visual and audible before the pull occurs. Sounds like a "you" problem.

I think the projectile pulls from the other side of the map from dragonhunter/thief/engineer is way more obnoxious because the projectile is very hard to see unless in a solo situation and there's no audio cue, and no delay.

Also, mesmer is very weak/unpopular in WVW, mirage is basically non-existant. They need a niche.

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@abelsgmx.7530 said:That pull can pull through doors

Why are you waking up a two year old thread? There have been a lot of patches since 2018.

As a Mesmer Profession main, this thread deserves to be awaken because it has not been resolved, In fact, it has worsen and has contributed by other by Professions. Pulling need to be removed from all of the Professions including Thief Profession, Guardian-Dragon Hunter, Engineer Profession because it is Toxic

Being pulled around, pulled through walls, through objects, thrown up in the air like a yo-yo and falling in the ground in Instant Death should not be Allowed not be Tolerated because it doesn't give fair reaction to the opponent player

For the health of the player experience, i asked that Pulling mechanics to be removed from all Professions

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Why are you waking up a two year old thread? There have been a lot of patches since 2018.

As a Mesmer Profession main, this thread deserves to be awaken because it has not been resolved, In fact, it has worsen and has contributed by other by Professions. Pulling need to be removed from all of the Professions including Thief Profession, Guardian-Dragon Hunter, Engineer Profession because it is Toxic

Being pulled around, pulled through walls, through objects, thrown up in the air like a yo-yo and falling in the ground in Instant Death should not be Allowed not be Tolerated because it doesn't give fair reaction to the opponent player

For the health of the player experience, i asked that Pulling mechanics to be removed from all Professions

It's because mesmer is a toxic class with toxic design, right?

Pulls in general could use some sort of extra check with how often they desync pull over 2k range and thus punishing position play, since this game's syncing is rather horrible with client position forwarding to server.Then again we also got magical terrain obstructs on pulls and projectiles in general that don't make sense FeelsAnetMan.

@"Justine.6351" said:Figured I would share this vid I made a while back before anet started to gut mesmer with "improvements".this video absolutely don't give understanding .. this is wvw, where 2 players(two ranges) can kill 5(elem, mesmer, war, weaver, ), and then come "knight weaver", and kll the prev 2. rangers .. Yes, we have skilled people, so what?

If you see something I am doing that's bs and unfair go ahead and point it out.

magic unknow words 'wvw warrior roaming' waits you for search!

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Yeah instead of fixing pulls that throw people up into the air lets just remove ALL skills that pull...It would be nice if I could play this game beyond smashing all the buttons in a rotation.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Pulling is the focus here

@Justine.6351 said:

Yeah instead of fixing pulls that throw people up into the air lets just remove ALL skills that pull...It would be nice if I could play this game beyond smashing all the buttons in a rotation.

Justine, there comes a time when nerfing is no longer the option and the only option remaining is to deal with it Severely-Face-To-Face, is by removing its Source, its Root Cause... once after all

We both know including the Community that allowing Root Cause problems to continue, it will results in widespread problems

'quote'

But what do you do when you have a problem at work? Do you jump straight in and treat the symptoms, or do you stop to consider whether there's actually a deeper problem that needs your attention? If you only fix the symptoms – what you see on the surface – the problem will almost certainly return, and need fixing over, and over again.

Guild Wars 2 is an 8 Years old game, do you think the Community has had enough of having to deal with years of repetitive, continual and endless, un-resolved problems over and over again?

Remember-Anet has demonstrated to the Community that removing Root Cause problems work by removing sigils, runes in PvP-.

Do you think it is time to pull out the root to prevent it from happening again?

Do you think the Community deserves a Healthy Fresh Start for once?

Pulling is the focus here

But I thought you didn’t play?

when i can and i am asked to help especially with players who i play with in other games. Yesterday i was helping a new Thief Profession player in WvW with the Commander. She enjoyed the zerg fight experience but did not enjoy seeing red aoe's all over the ground with huge red bubbles everywhere. She didn't know what was happening, couldn't see anything and got scared. She did not enjoy the experience

May I suggest having her play with someone that has played more regularly that could assist her with more of the current game play?

When we are biased, we don’t provide effective Feedback. Without effective feedback, it will greatly color ones experience.

I do not discourage anyone from playing Thief Profession nor speak badly about it to them. I am also not bias against Thief Profession players; i have also participated in the Thief Profession forum discussion about the state of Thief Profession.

I have encourage her to play with regular Thief Profession players in the Guild, server and encourage them to do so in return. I have already contacted Thief Profession players followers to help her

-i do my best to help any Profession Players who need help including new players-

The problem was never about the Profession players, it is with the Profession in itself

-side note- throughout the years, i have made many friends who play Thief Profession throughout the opponent server...after they +1 shot me many times and when i refuse to give up

I would laugh and call them a cheater, than they would call me a 'noob', we laugh with no personal resentment

I remember countless times, saving Thief Profession players from other server opponent Professions and being saved in return by their server Profession players

'If you give the people learning tools , it will help in resulting in positive change'

ok. that is all :)

Oh. Sorry, but you must have completely misunderstood what I posted. I mentioned nothing about her profession.

And she didn’t seem very bothered by her profession.

You mentioned ‘all the AOE circles’ made her upset.

Given your feeling towards the, and I quote, ‘toxic nature of the game’ I am suggesting you may not be the best person to assist her with dealing with the red circles.

Yeah there is a tutorial in queensdale that helps with this.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Justine, there comes a time when nerfing is no longer the option and the only option remaining is to deal with it Severely-Face-To-Face, is by removing its Source, its Root Cause... once after all

We both know including the Community that allowing Root Cause problems to continue, it will results in widespread problems

'quote'

But what do you do when you have a problem at work? Do you jump straight in and treat the symptoms, or do you stop to consider whether there's actually a deeper problem that needs your attention? If you only fix the symptoms – what you see on the surface – the problem will almost certainly return, and need fixing over, and over again.

Guild Wars 2 is an 8 Years old game, do you think the Community has had enough of having to deal with years of repetitive, continual and endless, un-resolved problems over and over again?

Remember-
Anet has demonstrated to the Community that removing Root Cause problems work by removing sigils, runes in PvP

Do you think it is time to pull out the root to prevent it from happening again?

Do you think the Community deserves a Healthy Fresh Start for once?

I didn't say nerf, I said fix.