Smodur! (Spoilers for the Jormag Rising Episode)

THANOS.1830

So, I finished Jormag Rising. One of the biggest highlights of the episode for me (playing as Iron legion Charr) was Smodur, the Iron Imperator, dying. So naturally as an Iron Legion Centurion :P I went after the story was done, to the Black Citadel instance to pay my respects. How suprised I was when i found out Smodur was still in that instance, alive and well! Perhaps Arenanet should fix that for players reaching that story point, either replacing it with a new Imperator or leave it empty? IDK

@Linken.6345 said:Thats because black citadel is in a totaly different time bubble then drizzle wood it stuck roughy 4-5 years earlier.

Yes to this. You have to treat every map as if it exists within its own time. An example would be an intact divinity's reach dam, but then the same dam has been breached in the Lake Doric map. There are some continuity issues that have been left over from season one days where events really did happen in the world. Fort Concordia in Timberline Falls is an example of this where currently it has Mordremoth vines all over it and has been destroyed even thought technically that event had not happened yet in the time bubble that Timberline Falls exists in, but it does exist there nonetheless. Other exclusions to the rules would be anything within the side stories section. Those events are supposed to be current within their respected story timeline, but yet exist in the open world within maps that took place prior to their existence.

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Thats because black citadel is in a totaly different time bubble then drizzle wood it stuck roughy 4-5 years earlier.

Yes to this. You have to treat every map as if it exists within its own time. An example would be an intact divinity's reach dam, but then the same dam has been breached in the Lake Doric map. There are some continuity issues that have been left over from season one days where events really did happen in the world. Fort Concordia in Timberline Falls is an example of this where currently it has Mordremoth vines all over it and has been destroyed even thought technically that event had not happened yet in the time bubble that Timberline Falls exists in, but it does exist there nonetheless. Other exclusions to the rules would be anything within the side stories section. Those events are supposed to be current within their respected story timeline, but yet exist in the open world within maps that took place prior to their existence.

Fort salma in kessex hills + half of kessex hills is a good example as well

I, too, wish they'd add a check on the character's story progress and fix those instances according it. I know it would involve a lot of work to have two different instances for each of those NPCs who are no longer with us, but it would really be nice to see it happen.

There are other small details that don't make sense at a later point, like the Norn in Hoelbrak shouting: "Take heed! I haven't taken leave of my senses! I saw creatures of metal and steam!" (referencing the Scarlet invasion) But that I can live with. ;)